• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recap of Phillies deadline deals so far

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys here in the Bay Area say the health of the owner is the biggest reason for no deals in Philly. Seems they want to maintain as much "value" as they can for as long as they can.
m

What does that mean?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're saying that the Phillies ownership and front office is suffering from dementia, that makes perfect sense

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are stating Raiderzar, but that is a losing, faulty proposition because the players are krappy to begin with and then they get these huge contracts that nobody wants because the players are too expensive, too old, or whatever and it becomes a viscious death cycle into baseball purgatory.

If the owner's health is in question, he owes it to the city of Philadelphia, the fans, and to Comcast to sell the damn team to someone who gives a rip about winning and knows how to build a winner. At this point, the players and the managers are just here because of the gobs of money the Phillies have at their disposal and that is it. The product they put on the field is consistently worse then Triple A ball (and that is dissing Triple A ball) and it isn't going to get any better into the foreseeable future.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are stating Raiderzar, but that is a losing, faulty proposition because the players are krappy to begin with and then they get these huge contracts that nobody wants because the players are too expensive, too old, or whatever and it becomes a viscious death cycle into baseball purgatory.

If the owner's health is in question, he owes it to the city of Philadelphia, the fans, and to Comcast to sell the damn team to someone who gives a rip about winning and knows how to build a winner. At this point, the players and the managers are just here because of the gobs of money the Phillies have at their disposal and that is it. The product they put on the field is consistently worse then Triple A ball (and that is dissing Triple A ball) and it isn't going to get any better into the foreseeable future.

I'm glad you understood it because I still have no idea what that means.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wanted any of our guys. :bawling:

Let's face it, we would have gotten garbage for anybody. Our future success depends on the development of our young pitching staff and Asche, Brown, Revere, Ruf, Rupp, Franco, and others on the farm who might move up. I'm not very hopeful. Wow, fartman really blew his chances of a change in scenery.

Say what??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I started my response with the word "if" Cedrique and Westcoast.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pattern is clear and it eminates from Bonehead. He signs players to ridiculous contracts and the result is the Phillies get stuck with players they can't move because the contracts are so prohibitive. The dopes responsible for this are Boobens and the FO that pat him on the head like Benny Hill. What they see in ANY of his munitions is beyond me because we are going to see this krap for the next couple of years even with the development of the young guys we now have.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU28GHMcYxM]Phillies Front Office meeting[/ame]

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys here in the Bay Area say the health of the owner is the biggest reason for no deals in Philly. Seems they want to maintain as much "value" as they can for as long as they can.

I don't think the owner's health is a factor. While Phillies' owner David Montgomery underwent successful jaw cancer surgery a few months ago, he has stated that a complete rebuild is risky because attendance will drop (even though it's already done that). So yeah, they want to maintain as much "value" as they can for as long as they can and so the older core will not be dropped any time soon.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August is waiver month. Amaro will be busy placing guys on waivers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, classic Benny Hill, Snowdog. Reminds me of Boobens on any given day.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was just me. Maybe that guy was using a random word generator

Just passing on what I heard. Is your owner not in failing health? Damn, Ruppert Murdock. Didn't check my sources...

If what I heard was not true, then there are bigger issues in Philly. Good luck fellas. See you out here in September. Bring Utley... :suds: