• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality, Fog Style

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see 'Bama is taking it's toll on you. Your posts even reflect their speech. ;)

After living in Michigan for over 13 years... I still understand fluent hillbilly way better than yankee shit.

I got lost in the UP and thought I was in fucking Sweden.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us are working hard to get our shit together early in life so we don't end up as whiney old assholes ourselves.

I used to think the same thing. I'm afraid it's a foregone conclusion.

Doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege like muzzer does, but still......

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After living in Michigan for over 13 years... I still understand fluent hillbilly way better than yankee shit.

Most of Michigan is pretty much hillbilly. Crackhead chicks with no teeth, smoking newports. People living in dingy basements filled with mildew. I lived in a town with like 25,000 people and 4 Asian people in it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hillbilly and yours are different. My daddy was a West Virginia hillbilly from a coal town. Folks that speak with a drawl and all one big contraction sentence.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo]Swedish Chef - Meatballs - YouTube[/ame]

Did you run into this guy?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I post when I see fit. Your jackass statement about Stafford needed correcting. Anything on this board is fair game son, learn it. Otherwise, write it in your journal during your Wheel of Fortune episode.

Speak for yourself. And Family Feud is much better than Wheel.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, remember guys, Muzzer is a realist- so his perception of reality is automatically always right. He knows of everyone who has ever went to school on military $$ and none of his records show a guy getting a masters degree...

:laugh3:
https://newgibill.zendesk.com/entries/20683653-tuition-and-fee-payments-post-9-11-gi-bill-chapter-33

Bill pays 100% of tuition to in-state public schools. UCLA is defined as a public university, even with its $33k annual in-state tuition. If it were private then the post 9-11 GI bill would only cover $20k per year of the tuition.

Ergo, it appears to be possible to get a full ride on the GI bill for UCLA as long as you already had an undergrad, you were accepted, and you were a California resident in order to qualify for in-state rates.

I'm gonna make my kid run a bit more today with the Junior Olympics coming up (she's very excited to run on the Big Blue Track). I hear they give scholarships for heptathletes pretty freely.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will chime in here, as a 19 year vet and a former recruiter for 3 years I will say this is off a bit The military GI Bill maxes at around 19k per school year, or 36 school months (4 x 9 month school years). The current reg sates 100% of in state tuition cost of any institution, it fils to mention that the school must be a yellow ribbon school which means they essentially lower their tuition rate for GI bill personnel.

Yes they have a stipend for books which does change but I know right now is 1k per year, and that is not a lot. Plus a full time student which is about 1400 a month for full time students, but is based on where you currently are enrolled in school. And paid at the BAH rate of a single E-5.

But please note you must take a minimum of 13 college credits per semester to be deemed full time and you must maintain above a "C" in each class taken. Failure to achieve a final grade of a "C" or higher in any class and you will repay the military the full price for that class. and if you drop a class after week 3, maybe 4, you will still pay back the price for that class.

You are not given any food money or any other stipends of any kind.

I checked, and UCLA is indeed a Yellow Ribbon school. The masters is possible if the attendee already has his undergrad, had 3 years of military service, was a California resident, and could complete in 4 academic years or fewer.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Look at him trying to be all meow and shit.

All Meow and shit??? I have no dog in this fight but his original comment was one that he believed to be factual, not theory or opinion. TP disagreed with it. A fact based point can only be correct one way or the other. "All Meow and shit" was nothing more than an open challenge to PROVE me to be incorrect if I post anything that isn't simply an opinion. TP has(had) that opportunity to definitively prove him to be wrong. On that point he failed. However, I would say that Max succeeded.

Muzzer is a realist- so his perception of reality is automatically always right.

This is specifically what I do not understand on this damn board. Reality is ALWAYS right. It centers around facts and the way things really are. In this case what Muzz believed to be correct was proven to be incorrect. What Max showed is reality, it is possible to get the UCLA education in question paid for by military benefits. As I said before there can only be one correct "reality" because its not an opinion, which cant be proven to be wrong. Does anyone own a dictionary?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Meow and shit??? I have no dog in this fight but his original comment was one that he believed to be factual, not theory or opinion. TP disagreed with it. A fact based point can only be correct one way or the other. "All Meow and shit" was nothing more than an open challenge to PROVE me to be incorrect if I post anything that isn't simply an opinion. TP has(had) that opportunity to definitively prove him to be wrong. On that point he failed. However, I would say that Max succeeded.
You told TP to "choose his words wisely" a week or so ago. He was trying to be like you there so that's what I meant. Simma down now.

simma-down-now.gif

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is specifically what I do not understand on this damn board. Reality is ALWAYS right.
The problem is many times people (in this case muzzer)label themselves a "realist" so they think that automatically means they're right. That's not how it works.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is many times people (in this case muzzer)label themselves a "realist" so they think that automatically means they're right. That's not how it works.

Exactly.

There seems to be issues around here with discerning the difference between perception and reality. Just because some decide to call themselves realists doesn't mean that any thought or opinion they have is, in fact, reality. In Muzz's case he seems to consider himself to be someone who "gets it" better than the rest of us based on his life experiences, but fails to realize that his reality is primarily the result of the choices he's made throughout life and doesn't apply to everyone else. One size fits all doesn't fly in the realm of personal opinion, and he seems to struggle with people who don't share his views, imo...