• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality, Fog Style

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
several veiled references to shit movies included

You told TP to "choose his words wisely" a week or so ago. He was trying to be like you there so that's what I meant. Simma down now.

I don't think I used those exact words. But Simma Down was one I said very recently. You somana beeches r fiolating my fargin rights by plagiarizing all my stuff.

The problem is many times people (in this case muzzer)label themselves a "realist" so they think that automatically means they're right. That's not how it works.

If a "realist" is positioning his opinion as fact then you are correct. I can't speak for others on what their reality is but mine is fact based, there is no middle ground, it can only be true or false. Either I am right or I am wrong, and its a debate that will always have a winner. In the end there can be only one.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

There seems to be issues around here with discerning the difference between perception and reality. Just because some decide to call themselves realists doesn't mean that any thought or opinion they have is, in fact, reality. In Muzz's case he seems to consider himself to be someone who "gets it" better than the rest of us based on his life experiences, but fails to realize that his reality is primarily the result of the choices he's made throughout life and doesn't apply to everyone else. One size fits all doesn't fly in the realm of personal opinion, and he seems to struggle with people who don't share his views, imo...

Of course there is an issue between perception and reality. One is how things actually are and other is how they are perceived to be. One is based on facts, the other on thoughts and opinions. One is right and can be proven to be so and the other absolutely can not be.

You keep putting "thoughts and opinions" in the same context as how YOU perceive reality to be. Muzz made a post that was shown to be wrong, thats reality not perception. One of these days I am either going to buy you a dictionary or smack you over the head with one. If you feel that's an idle threat its perception, if I actually do it then its reality. :laugh3::laugh3:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is an issue between perception and reality. One is how things actually are and other is how they are perceived to be. One is based on facts, the other on thoughts and opinions. One is right and can be proven to be so and the other absolutely can not be.

You keep putting "thoughts and opinions" in the same context as how YOU perceive reality to be. Muzz made a post that was shown to be wrong, thats reality not perception. One of these days I am either going to buy you a dictionary or smack you over the head with one. If you feel that's an idle threat its perception, if I actually do it then its reality. :laugh3::laugh3:

Ahh but he perceived his post to be reality, even though it wasn't... and that's what I'm getting at. I understand the difference between the two- hence that little part about the problem being discerning the difference.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Which host though? Survey says,..... Steve Harvey Sucks!

uuuhhhmmmmm...... Richard Dawson was spot on ! :nod:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeopardy is where it's at. Forced to watch it with my daughter for as long I member. I love my little nerd.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality vs. Perception

Does a Dr. Pepper really go with a diablo sammich? Why is there no time for hush puppies?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_yICBdLK8]Buford T Justice - Diablo Samich scene - YouTube[/ame]

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh but he perceived his post to be reality, even though it wasn't...

Yeah, but isn't everyone's own thoughts and opinions reality... To themselves? Therefore making it reality.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but isn't everyone's own thoughts and opinions reality... To themselves? Therefore making it reality.

No.

Some people's thoughts are far, far from reality. And I'm not necessarily talking about on here, but in general there's plenty of people who think plenty of things that are not reality. The thoughts and opinions of the KKK, for example, are delusional, not reality in the slightest. Same with PETA- a ton of their "information" isn't true in the least. And crazy people? Yeah...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Some people's thoughts are far, far from reality. And I'm not necessarily talking about on here, but in general there's plenty of people who think plenty of things that are not reality. The thoughts and opinions of the KKK, for example, are delusional, not reality in the slightest. Same with PETA- a ton of their "information" isn't true in the least. And crazy people? Yeah...

With this line of thinking, God is reality to only sane people, yet you can't prove or disprove his existence.

Maybe I think people that believe in God are out of touch with reality or vice versa. I can't prove one way or the other but I'm sure You and Meow have a "opinion" on it because you can't prove it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people's thoughts are far, far from reality.

Smitty was way off below

Id say Charles also, but witnessed Rory taking him out. That's worse than being a fumble machine, almost.

Micro gave him the hevho

It's high time I dispel this rumor. I too thought Rory injured him, but he was injured before he even fell into him. Even so, his backside hit Rory, not his legs. Watch here:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

What I want to know is, why didn't Rory get fined by Godhell?

Micro, again steps in with expert tutelage

Bc he didn't do anything.

Smitty calmly goes all TPaul on Micro

Maybe I wasn't clear the first time around.....

Some people's thoughts are far, far from reality.

In reality, my opinion still stands. I will take Charles and McCoy over AP.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has now just gotten plain stupid.

I'm now the president of The Fact Club. We deal in issues where demonstrative evidence exists of factual data to back our claims.

Today's claim: 2 + 2 = 4.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm now the president of The Fact Club. We deal in issues where demonstrative evidence exists of factual data to back our claims.

In your universe of reality it might.....In mine 2+2 = Giraffe.........

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not if you're working in base 3.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Dr., what you stated as a fact, is in fact only a broad generalization.

Binary - 2 + 2 = 100
Base 3 - 2 + 2 = 11
Base 4 - 2 + 2 = 10
Base 5 and above - 2 + 2 = 4

If you're dealing in facts, that is.