• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic HC Options Moving Forward

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat: This is why Tomsula has to go no matter what.

49ers have lost by 10 points or more 10 times and 8 times by 14 points or more. We are not even in games. We are not getting better.

There is no reason for this guy to be our HC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the OC will be the fall guy and they will keep Mangini and they will hire with in house for the OC position again.

I hope not. I dont know if I can deal with another season like this. I can deal with the rebuild but you want to see improvements and you want to see the staff do their job. Our team is a complete mess right now. I dont see us improving under this group. We really need to clean house.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the OC will be the fall guy and they will keep Mangini and they will hire with in house for the OC position again.

I hope not. I dont know if I can deal with another season like this. I can deal with the rebuild but you want to see improvements and you want to see the staff do their job. Our team is a complete mess right now. I dont see us improving under this group. We really need to clean house.

I think that is the most likely scenario. I can't imagine who they would hire in house to be OC. The only two that could possibly be is Logan or Sparano. Ugghhh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crazy stat: This is why Tomsula has to go no matter what.

49ers have lost by 10 points or more 10 times and 8 times by 14 points or more. We are not even in games. We are not getting better.

There is no reason for this guy to be our HC.

and IF York agrees, then he should make the move right after the season. Yes, it'll look bad on him and Baalke, but it is already as bad as it gets. He can't let his ego stop him from making a move, the sooner the better. Keeping Tomsula another year to 'save face', only makes it worse one MORE year.

Also wouldn't worry about who'll replace Tomsula, i wouldn't let that sway my decision to keep or fire Tomsula.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and IF York agrees, then he should make the move right after the season. Yes, it'll look bad on him and Baalke, but it is already as bad as it gets. He can't let his ego stop him from making a move, the sooner the better. Keeping Tomsula another year to 'save face', only makes it worse one MORE year.

Also wouldn't worry about who'll replace Tomsula, i wouldn't let that sway my decision to keep or fire Tomsula.
I agree, its better to man up and admit you were wrong and fix the issue right away. Another year of this would be really bad. It will set us back further. In todays NFL teams finish last and bounce back quick if you do the right things.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is not going anywhere.

To fire him after 1 year is like admitting firing Harbaugh was a mistake. I can't see your owner or GM wanting to go that route. I expect you will hear, Tomsula did a wonderful job. The injuries and retirements are what held this team back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tomsula is not going anywhere.

To fire him after 1 year is like admitting firing Harbaugh was a mistake. I can't see your owner or GM wanting to go that route. I expect you will hear, Tomsula did a wonderful job. The injuries and retirements are what held this team back.

yeah, think most 49er fans think it isn't likely. But to me that isn't admitting firing Harbaugh was a mistake. Even if Harbaugh remained, this team wouldn't be much better than now. What it will admit is wrong decison to hire Tomsula.

Fan opinion is at its lowest as is, so admitting a bad decision on Tomsula won't get the needle lower. What it will do is get SOME fans optimistic again, beginning after the draft. National and beat writers have already covered the fact that we won't get a 'top notch' HC, but that is still ok. Any new HC - ie the change itself - will get some fans optimistic again.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI's Robert Klemko is tweeting out some notion that Mike Holmgren is still interested in the HC position for the Niners, even though he was turned away last year. I wanted no part of Holmgren when his name originally came up, but I'm all for it now - reason being is that his name has cache and would restore some credibility (much like Harbaugh) to this franchise. At this point, we need that badly.

A plus is that he is noted with QB's.....and we need that badly.

As long as he isn't GM, however....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI's Robert Klemko is tweeting out some notion that Mike Holmgren is still interested in the HC position for the Niners, even though he was turned away last year. I wanted no part of Holmgren when his name originally came up, but I'm all for it now - reason being is that his name has cache and would restore some credibility (much like Harbaugh) to this franchise. At this point, we need that badly.

A plus is that he is noted with QB's.....and we need that badly.

As long as he isn't GM, however....
I saw that earlier today. I was opposed to Holmgren earlier because I preferred someone younger that would last longer. Holmgren is a short term option but I will gladly take him over Tomsula. Holmgren has stated before he isn't asking for GM responsibilities.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Holmgren could probably bring along worthy assistant coaches on his name alone, so there is that as well.

I highly doubt it will happen and I'm already planning on laughing at this shitshow next year with the mumbling Hedgehog running the joint.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Holmgren could probably bring along worthy assistant coaches on his name alone, so there is that as well.

I highly doubt it will happen and I'm already planning on laughing at this shitshow next year with the mumbling Hedgehog running the joint.
I think you are right. It seems like everything is pointing to Tomsula being back next year. I think Geep Chryst is the fall guy this year and Tomsula the year after

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren is a no-go. He may be saying that he wants to just be a HC but he wants more control than this FO will give him. Tomsula and Baalke stay for at least one more year. Hopefully this team gets sold back to Eddie and we are at a point where this team wants to win games. Who that FO,GM, and HC will be at that moment remains to be seen. Next season looks to be a shitty as this one going into the draft at this moment.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. It seems like everything is pointing to Tomsula being back next year. I think Geep Chryst is the fall guy this year and Tomsula the year after

It's the only way that Jed Dork saves face. No one is going to hold him accountable. Unfortunately, Tomsula (Boom) and Trent Barfke will be back for another year. I doubt that the Niners win four games next year. The Vikings and the Falcons are wondering how they ever lost to this pile of crap.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah ok, that would be a good reason to hire Holmgren, some good Assistants would follow. But lets not get Assistants that have been out of the game for a long time. :-)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok, that would be a good reason to hire Holmgren, some good Assistants would follow. But lets not get Assistants that have been out of the game for a long time. :-)

I think on his name alone, plenty of credible guys currently in the NFL would be interested in working under him...especially under some sort of apprenticeship role given that Holmgren wouldn't be around for too long. That certainly wouldn't be the worst case scenario at this point. Just don't let him draft Brandon Weedrn II.

However, a problem with this report is that, I don't think Holmgren has come out and stated that he'd like to be the HC, since the position isn't officially open.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier today. I was opposed to Holmgren earlier because I preferred someone younger that would last longer. Holmgren is a short term option but I will gladly take him over Tomsula. Holmgren has stated before he isn't asking for GM responsibilities.
I agree it would be a short term fix but I will take it. He can at least bring in some coaches that are capable of coaching at this level.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, think most 49er fans think it isn't likely. But to me that isn't admitting firing Harbaugh was a mistake. Even if Harbaugh remained, this team wouldn't be much better than now. What it will admit is wrong decison to hire Tomsula.

Spot on.

I think it comes down to being able to control the HC. A figure head that won't rock the boat.

The problem could end up....who down the road wants any part of of this management group? I can't see anyone with options wanting to work with your GM. Great job but lousy working conditions.