• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic HC Options Moving Forward

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to look on the bright side because I don't think he's leaving. He's had a lot of criticism, made some mistakes. Hopefully, he learned from them.

I too don't think that Tomsula will be let go at the end of the season. I just hope that even if the Niners win three of the last four games and finish 7-9, they won't think that they are only a couple of players away from being a Super Bowl contender. This team has a long way to go to be a contender. They were dominated in three of the four games against the Seahawks and Cardinals.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too don't think that Tomsula will be let go at the end of the season. I just hope that even if the Niners win three of the last four games and finish 7-9, they won't think that they are only a couple of players away from being a Super Bowl contender. This team has a long way to go to be a contender. They were dominated in three of the four games against the Seahawks and Cardinals.

on CSN Bay Area this morning, Matt Maiocco believed both Tomsula and Baalke will be back next season. if the 49ers continue to win games moving forward, I think that will probably be the case. There are areas on both sides of the ball that need to be addressed.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on CSN Bay Area this morning, Matt Maiocco believed both Tomsula and Baalke will be back next season. if the 49ers continue to win games moving forward, I think that will probably be the case. There are areas on both sides of the ball that need to be addressed.

Three of the four games are certainly winnable. Baalke sure has a long leash with York. His drafts the past couple of years have been horrible, especially 2012. I hope he stops selecting players that are injured and have to "red shirt". I'm tired of that strategy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of the four games are certainly winnable. Baalke sure has a long leash with York. His drafts the past couple of years have been horrible, especially 2012. I hope he stops selecting players that are injured and have to "red shirt". I'm tired of that strategy.

He sure does. 2012 was awful. I could overlook that if 2013 and 2014 were really good. Baalke has too many misses. He is particularly bad with drafting offensive players. Secondary seems the only place he does reasonably well. Plus, a majority of his free agent signings the past couple of years has been questionable. Looking at the past three drafts, while he may have drafted a few nice players, even a couple of really good ones, I don't see that he is building a contender with his draft picks when looking at his overall body of work.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure does. 2012 was awful. I could overlook that if 2013 and 2014 were really good. Baalke has too many misses. He is particularly bad with drafting offensive players. Secondary seems the only place he does reasonably well. Plus, a majority of his free agent signings the past couple of years has been questionable. Looking at the past three drafts, while he may have drafted a few nice players, even a couple of really good ones, I don't see that he is building a contender with his draft picks when looking at his overall body of work.

You're spot on Patterson! Bush signing was horrible. Signing Dockett and then releasing him did not make sense. Torrey Smith has underperformed this year (though the QB situation did not help). Baalke did not have the foresight to draft an OL and thus settling for Pears. The only offensive player that he has hit on lately was Hyde. I also don't see him building a contender with his awful draft picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

YES!

posted this a while ago and some had an issue with it, especially Crimson. Sigh!

later rounds MIGHT be ok, but not 4th or higher

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with the drafting of IR players at the time. We did have a deep roster and didn't have room for all those pics. Yes, Marcus Lattimore did not work out. But when you look at the other IR players, (Martin, Thomas, etc) I don't see redshirting as the problem, but rather that the FO misjudged their overall talent. Martin and Thomas were supposed to be high level draft picks before their injuries. When you look at them, it is more that they just aren't good NFL talent. That being said, moving forward I don't thing that strategy should be employed. The roster is very thin now and we need to just draft good players. No more IR players or high upside/conversion players. And have to start looking more at need rather than just BPA.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have an issue with the drafting of IR players at the time. We did have a deep roster and didn't have room for all those pics. Yes, Marcus Lattimore did not work out. But when you look at the other IR players, (Martin, Thomas, etc) I don't see redshirting as the problem, but rather that the FO misjudged their overall talent. Martin and Thomas were supposed to be high level draft picks before their injuries. When you look at them, it is more that they just aren't good NFL talent. That being said, moving forward I don't thing that strategy should be employed. The roster is very thin now and we need to just draft good players. No more IR players or high upside/conversion players. And have to start looking more at need rather than just BPA.

That is all i'm saying now.

don't disagree with the rest, but from here on cut the IR strategy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is out there to hire at HC and OC. Can we land anyone that will make a difference?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is out there to hire at HC and OC. Can we land anyone that will make a difference?

OC I don't know. That link I posted above lists some names for HC. The writer doesn't seem to enamored with the HC choices next year. Might not matter. It isn't a foregone conclusion Tomsula is gone yet. if we lose badly over the next string of games than I think the odds increase of that happening. There might be a fall guy and that is probably either going to be Chrsyt or Tomsula.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC I don't know. That link I posted above lists some names for HC. The writer doesn't seem to enamored with the HC choices next year. Might not matter. It isn't a foregone conclusion Tomsula is gone yet. if we lose badly over the next string of games than I think the odds increase of that happening. There might be a fall guy and that is probably either going to be Chrsyt or Tomsula.
If Tomsula does come back we need a change at OC for sure and maybe at DC. With this bad season some change need to be made.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula WILL be back. He is the 'yes' HC that York wants. Baalke WILL be back for at least this next season. When the Owner is a complete incompetent moron this trend will continue.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula WILL be back. He is the 'yes' HC that York wants. Baalke WILL be back for at least this next season. When the Owner is a complete incompetent moron this trend will continue.
I was starting to get my hopes up. Another couple of blowout losses and maybe the hammer would fall :(

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With another blow out it looks like Tomsula will be gone. No way in hell he stays. This would be the 6th blow out this season and the team is getting worse each week. Changes must be made now. This is getting ugly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was starting to get my hopes up. Another couple of blowout losses and maybe the hammer would fall :(
Yup I think this game was his last blow out game he can have. I think the writing is on the wall he can't be a head coach. U want to blame it on youth but you should show improvement and we are seeing these guys regress.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I think this game was his last blow out game he can have. I think the writing is on the wall he can't be a head coach. U want to blame it on youth but you should show improvement and we are seeing these guys regress.
I am starting to worry Geep is going to be the fall guy going forward and it stops there

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sideline reports are saying they (SF) feel confident in Tomsula going forward.

Merry Christmas to all!