• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Expectations against the Boys

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we are going to see a lot of 2 TE formations on offense & heavy blitzes to force Romo's throws. Dallas will be blitz heavy & their O will try to spread the field. this seems to be the common formula for opposing teams.
The 9ers need to establish a running game to get this one for sure. It will open up the field for the WR's against their battered secondary. All this just seems obvious. Make Tony Homo eat turf!!!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, where were you for the game day thread yesterday?.........At the game I hope?

At the fam's. Unless they're out of town, I'm always watching the game with family. That was one helluva game thread - over a thousand posts!! Easily the biggest one I've ever seen.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our D line vs. their inexperienced O-line. If we can get to Romo and force some mistakes we have a chance. Turnovers will be key. Probably boils down to which O-line performs better.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, and with us going back to the Bill Walsh WCO this is something that is used and will be an option.

If this were a Bill Walsh run offensive gameplan, we would kill them with screens and short slants and when they put more DBs on the field, then we start running. When they stack the line, we take a few shots while still keeping their pass rush off balance with plenty of 3-step drops, dump offs, and draws.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the fam's. Unless they're out of town, I'm always watching the game with family. That was one helluva game thread - over a thousand posts!! Easily the biggest one I've ever seen.

Partly because it was the first game, partly because it was Harbaugh's first (and thus excitement), but most of all no trolls to deal with (though they do add to post-counts).

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should be interesting at home. The Defense looked strong except for a couple of plays. The Offense definately needs to pick it up a couple of notches. Could be a surprise game if J. Smith or McD smash Romo and put Kitna in!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Partly because it was the first game, partly because it was Harbaugh's first (and thus excitement), but most of all no trolls to deal with (though they do add to post-counts).

Makes sense, now with one win on the books, it might be just as busy (and exciting) this week.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys enter the 4th with a 2 TD lead, choke and lose by 3.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HA that's what she said....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I think we can pull it off. A lot of things need to go right and our OL needs to surely man up against the boys.

What's being mention and emphasing is that the cowboys will be looking for blood. Well the Niners came off a strong win(ugly) and have momemtum of their own. Dallas has to travel from NY to TX to CA so they are caught in the travel process and have to prepare themselves based on a vanilla gameplan by Harbs in week 1.

We got this niners!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are gonna need a big game out of Austin and witten to beat y'all. Oletree needs to step up too. Also need to cut down on penalties. Our running game didn't look very good and I don't expect it to improve against y'all. Newman will be back in the secondary so that's good. You guys are gonna need gore to have 25+ carries, most of them up the middle, control the clock. Keep Romo out of a groove, that's how you beat us. But I don't think y'all will :)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are gonna need a big game out of Austin and witten to beat y'all. Oletree needs to step up too. Also need to cut down on penalties. Our running game didn't look very good and I don't expect it to improve against y'all. Newman will be back in the secondary so that's good. You guys are gonna need gore to have 25+ carries, most of them up the middle, control the clock. Keep Romo out of a groove, that's how you beat us. But I don't think y'all will :)

Throw in a little Ginn on returns and BAM! :peace:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can win. They have no corner who can cover Edwards. The niners just have to throw to him

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can win. They have no corner who can cover Edwards. The niners just have to throw to him

Their secondary is far from solid period. Their coverage as a whole is nothing to brag. Thei high level pass rushing ability makes that defense.

Edwards and Davis(both as a blocker & receiver) are key for us. Gore needs to do Gore and we'll be fine.

Just hope Smith doesn't panic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman can cover Edwards, Jenkins can cover if he stops being a pussy, but with scandrick out we won't have much coverage in the slot.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Though I do believe Dallas has the edge and will ultimately win but I do think we can beat them.

We're at home and we're a much better home team than a road one and I our DL vs their OL is a pretty favorable match up for us so I think their will be a pass rush.

Offensively obviously we're going to be more aggressive and we have to go for TDs every chance we get and not just settle for not screwing up the FG. But I think the key offensively will be to have a mixed and balanced attack to keep Dallas guessing every play. So I think we'll need both Smith and Gore to have good efforts in order to be successful on offense.

It will be an interesting game to see if this team has grown up any or if it's still spinning it's wheels in the mud.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman can cover Edwards, Jenkins can cover if he stops being a pussy, but with scandrick out we won't have much coverage in the slot.

IDK about Edwards being covered by Newman... we'll see. Jenkins needs to worry about staying fit/healthy.

Who's going to hold Davis or Walker?

Achilles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys make it seem like were 14 point underdogs. Dallas is favored to win by 3 points. We're at home, this game is definitely winnable.

Everyone hypes up Dallas like they're some kind of powerhouse because they're America's team and they have talent. What have they done? Romo might be the most unclutch player in the history of sports. They have one playoff win since 1996. I've seen them get blown out by 30 points in must win situations.

I think we're going to win the West this year and that's mainly because of Harbraugh. We haven't been a well coached team in years, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if we blew that game to Seattle after being up 16-0 under some of our old coaches. I think a lot of people don't fully realize how much of a difference having a good coach makes. I expect us to take the next step and make the playoffs, so we have to start winning these type of games, especially at home.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the Cowboys are one of the best teams in the NFC, after GB I think they are #2. I know they chocked that game away but they are good and were planning without some of their starters on defense