• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-join the Heat Haters club NOW!!

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this idea of players using something for more motivation. I don't think Lebron could be more motivated to win another title. Its not like he is going to try harder just because one guy didn't vote for him. Great players like him don't need to get motivated by things like this, they are naturally motivated.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that... but I think it was Mike Jordan who said he took every negative thing ever said about him.. real or perceived and used it as motivation. plenty of athletes have said they were motivated by what is said and written about them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because something wrong was done to people in the past, that makes it cool to continue.. what is this baseball hall of fame voting? thinking like that should cause physical pain.

No, it's because different people use different criteria and sometimes come to different conclusions.

Some people simply choose the best player in the game which is clearly Lebron.

However, if you look at their value to the team, it can change. Example, if you remove Lebron from the Heat, they are still at least a 5 seed and Dan LeBatard said that he thinks they still make the finals. Remove Carmelo from the Knicks and they are in lottery.

And before anyone says that makes them the team MVP, that's not so. Basically, it's taking the best players from each team and determining how that team was likely to finish if that player were removed from the team. So, if you remove Lebron and the Heat only drop from #1 to #5 and remove Carmelo and the Knicks go from #2 to the lottery, Carmelo would be more valuable to his team than Lebron is to his.

Personally, I think they should change the award to Most Outstanding Player and just give it to the best player. If that were the case, then I would agree that Lebron should be unanimous. However, if you look at value to the team (i.e. how much their team needs them) then there are others with strong arguments as well.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn... So he is entitled to his own opinion. But I'm not? My opinion is Lebron was clearly the MVP.. so much so there probably shouldnt have even been a second place finisher.. only 3rd place. As you can see my opinion is different than everyone elses that's posted recently on this thread. It's just a bunch of real Arrogan Douchenozzles who are disagreeing with me...

see what i did there?

Or maybe, since you are the only one with that opinion, then that makes you the idiot douche?

Flauge: "When 121 people from around the nation get together and are asked to name a MVP and 120 say one guy.. and then one douche says something else.. the problem isnt with the people saying, "What the fuck is that one guy thinking" The problem is with that one idiot."

See what I did there?

What makes you Heat fans arogant douchesnozzles is that you want to be entitled to your opinion, but you don't want anybody else to be entitled to theirs.

Just like TurnupTheHeat wants the man to never be allowed to vote again because he didn't vote for the guy Turnup wanted him to.

Arrogant douchesnozzles.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that... but I think it was Mike Jordan who said he took every negative thing ever said about him.. real or perceived and used it as motivation. plenty of athletes have said they were motivated by what is said and written about them.

:agree: Most of these elite guys have loooooong memories and will use any perceived slight as motivation!! MJ was notorious for it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. at the end of the day, it's the same award. shaq did got robbed too. the fact shaq only has one MVP is a crime.

it would have been nice to have a Miami Heat player as lone unanimous MVP. whatever.. maybe Lebron will use this perceived slight as motivation during the playoffs. who knows.

LOL, "it would've been nice...to use it to rub in all o' your mugs"...:clap:

i see the concersation still hasn't progressed any farther...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe, since you are the only one with that opinion, then that makes you the idiot douche?

Flauge: "When 121 people from around the nation get together and are asked to name a MVP and 120 say one guy.. and then one douche says something else.. the problem isnt with the people saying, "What the fuck is that one guy thinking" The problem is with that one idiot."

See what I did there?

What makes you Heat fans arogant douchesnozzles is that you want to be entitled to your opinion, but you don't want anybody else to be entitled to theirs.

Just like TurnupTheHeat wants the man to never be allowed to vote again because he didn't vote for the guy Turnup wanted him to.

Arrogant douchesnozzles.

well, in the case of Turnip there's a guy who thinks something's wrong with you if you aren't bowing down and giving 3 hail mary's to the Heat. why do you think he used to try and kill any negative talk about them back on CBS with his brand of "logic and common sense"...:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now where's jefe after this Heat loss?

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello guys! I see that CBSsports is no longer. i was quite sad to see that it was gone when I went on to brag a bit about the Bulls victory, but I a pleased to see that most of the old-timers are here!

I am also happy to see this thread back! I hope it gets 2+ millions views and countless thousands of replies!

Go Bulls!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello guys! I see that CBSsports is no longer. i was quite sad to see that it was gone when I went on to brag a bit about the Bulls victory, but I a pleased to see that most of the old-timers are here!

I am also happy to see this thread back! I hope it gets 2+ millions views and countless thousands of replies!

Go Bulls!

Hey Cliff, go on up to the top of the page and click on User CP on the top left hand side and you can put up your classic SEEBS avatar, we all know and love.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Bulls!

LMAO!!! welcome back, Chitown. i tried to do your original works justice, but you were the originator...

it's actually funny. we got a Heat fan over here blaming the Heat haters thread as the cause of the demise of the CBS boards. trust me, it's entertaining stuff...

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff is here now..:clap:

Where is Jefe101?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff is here now..:clap:

Where is Jefe101?

hope you mean the real one and not Turnip...

who knew when Cliff created the original Heat haters Club thread that one psychotic Heat fan would flip out about it? look at the last 3 years, 'yknow what i mean...?

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope you mean the real one and not Turnip...

who knew when Cliff created the original Heat haters Club thread that one psychotic Heat fan would flip out about it? look at the last 3 years, 'yknow what i mean...?

Of course i meant our friend..I wonder if he knows he could get his name from turnip if he asks Hammer just like you got yours back.

Turnip gave a new meaning to the word FANATIC...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3