• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strawberry is my favorite town because mostly the articheture, my house spot would be over by little creek in Big Valley or somewhere in Roanoke Ridge, beautiful country, mostly by little creek with the purple fields

Booo. Fuck Strawberry. They don't even have a bar. Someone needs to tell that mayor to STFU with his speeches and get a fine alcohol establishment in his town

Got this for xmas, so still a newb.

What'd y'all name your horses? Lulz

So far, I got Pony Robbins, Jon Bon Pony, Harry Trotter and John Elway.

Got a brown thoroughbred named Whiskey.
The greyish War Horse named Smoke
The White Arabian named Ghost
And a Morgan I named Arthur (lulz)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm doing that Wildlife challenge where you mail your kills to a taxidermist and I gotta say, studying and hunting small birds is a fucking pain in the ass. These fuckers are almost impossible to find. Took me 2 hours to find a fucking woodpecker and that was after I went on Youtube to see where they spawn.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm doing that Wildlife challenge where you mail your kills to a taxidermist and I gotta say, studying and hunting small birds is a fucking pain in the ass. These fuckers are almost impossible to find. Took me 2 hours to find a fucking woodpecker and that was after I went on Youtube to see where they spawn.
lol...I trampled some red fucking bird with my horse yesterday...lulz

I gotta new horse, btw...his name is Nick Foals.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...I trampled some red fucking bird with my horse yesterday...lulz

I gotta new horse, btw...his name is Nick Foals.

Probably a songbird. I killed like 6 of them thinking they were cardinals, which are also impossible to find

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far thru the main story are you?

Still in chapter 4. I stopped the story because I read lots of things change story wise once you get to 5 and 6 so its good time to do a bunch of non-essential story stuff. I've had the game since launch but I only play like an hour or so a day.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in chapter 4. I stopped the story because I read lots of things change story wise once you get to 5 and 6 so its good time to do a bunch of non-essential story stuff. I've had the game since launch but I only play like an hour or so a day.

Oh man, I still feel like I don't know what the fuck I'm really doing, and I'm in 4 too...maybe I better slow down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I still feel like I don't know what the fuck I'm really doing, and I'm in 4 too...maybe I better slow down.

From what I've picked up from non-spoilery posts, avoid any missions dealing with a bank robbery in Saint Denis (you can read the description if you hover of the area in the map). Once you start it, the missions just start automatically like they do at the end of the other chapters. Difference is this time, chapter 5 sends you to a new location*. Then in Chapter 6, things are different and some shit goes down and the game is never the same as it was in the early chapters. Based on playing the first RDR, I think I know the basic idea of what happens to make it "never the same" but not the details. Still, I've been trying to avoid the spoilers and just looked up when was the best time to complete activities, when missions get locked out, etc.

*Speaking of the new location, I've read when you get there, do all your exploring first because you cannot go back there once you end chapter 5.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've picked up from non-spoilery posts, avoid any missions dealing with a bank robbery in Saint Denis (you can read the description if you hover of the area in the map). Once you start it, the missions just start automatically like they do at the end of the other chapters. Difference is this time, chapter 5 sends you to a new location*. Then in Chapter 6, things are different and some shit goes down and the game is never the same as it was in the early chapters. Based on playing the first RDR, I think I know the basic idea of what happens to make it "never the same" but not the details. Still, I've been trying to avoid the spoilers and just looked up when was the best time to complete activities, when missions get locked out, etc.

*Speaking of the new location, I've read when you get there, do all your exploring first because you cannot go back there once you end chapter 5.
pretty sure i just robbed a bang in st denis:L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

so my posse is headed to rob the st denis big bank right now.

would you start the mission over er go back and redo the last few missions?

It makes it seem like that's just the flow of the game, and you don't really have a choice?

I missed a ton of stuff per yer link above.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey

so my posse is headed to rob the st denis big bank right now.

would you start the mission over er go back and redo the last few missions?

It makes it seem like that's just the flow of the game, and you don't really have a choice?

I missed a ton of stuff per yer link above.

I haven't gotten that far so others who have finished might want to answer but from what I've read, you might want to go back and do some stuff, especially if its camp related stuff. You can do some of the stranger missions in Chapter 6 though

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am chapter 4 and basically trying to do everything BUT yellow-quests. I am primarily doing hunting and challenges (trying to bust someone in poker in St Denis right now and just ran from Valentine to Rhodes in less than 5 mins)

I already know the BIG spoiler, and want to avoid that for now. I hear it wasn’t handled very well as far as game play is concerned...

does John get Arthur’s satchels or outfits that he bought from the trapper?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can’t find a regular moose to save my life. I go to the only marked moose spot on the map (that I have found, at least) and have never run into one.

I have not messed with bait yet. Maybe I need to do that?
I just stumbled on a discussion of this point. They say that moose spawn around Lake Isabella (south of the white Arabian). I have not gone there yet to confirm. I may try this week sometime. I want big cats right now. I need the panther to get all the satchels.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just stumbled on a discussion of this point. They say that moose spawn around Lake Isabella (south of the white Arabian). I have not gone there yet to confirm. I may try this week sometime. I want big cats right now. I need the panther to get all the satchels.

I tried it there, multiple times by the Lake, trust me the spawn point is broken.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILERS if you haven't played RDR1 and still want to play

I am so dumb I just now realized that this game is a prequel to RDR1 and that its the same John Marston in your gang and Jack is the kid you will play in RDR1 at the end to kill Dutch lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILERS if you haven't played RDR1 and still want to play

I am so dumb I just now realized that this game is a prequel to RDR1 and that its the same John Marston in your gang and Jack is the kid you will play in RDR1 at the end to kill Dutch lol
That is also a semi-spoiler for the end of Chapter 3...