• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody finished this yet?

Jon Bon Pony is dead. For real this time. :Cry:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just played the other day for the first time in weeks. I have been concentrating on the finishing the hunting. Just riding around with my gun out shooting any small bird I happen to see flying around. Happened across a Waxing whatever and got all my required feathers in one random shot. I need just 1 more woodpecker to close that out. Have not found any seagulls, pigeons or owls yet, though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just played the other day for the first time in weeks. I have been concentrating on the finishing the hunting. Just riding around with my gun out shooting any small bird I happen to see flying around. Happened across a Waxing whatever and got all my required feathers in one random shot. I need just 1 more woodpecker to close that out. Have not found any seagulls, pigeons or owls yet, though.

I've found seagulls around Van Horn. Owls I've seen just as its getting dark around rural buildings (which, duh. Just like the real world. These details man...)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found seagulls around Van Horn. Owls I've seen just as its getting dark around rural buildings (which, duh. Just like the real world. These details man...)
I thought I saw some gulls on the train bridge between St Denis and the camp, but I was busy at the time and couldn’t focus on them to confirm. I actually haven’t been back down there since to check again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw some gulls on the train bridge between St Denis and the camp, but I was busy at the time and couldn’t focus on them to confirm. I actually haven’t been back down there since to check again.

Yep. That's another good place. Just ride across that train bridge and there's usually one or two perched there that will fly off as you get close

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked for that fucking waxwing for days. Couldn't find the bastard, even after googling where it was.

Also, I think it's Emerald Ranch on a barn roof, that a great horned owl is always there, re-spawns er whatever.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent the last few days finding the "Points of Interest". Very cool stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked for that fucking waxwing for days. Couldn't find the bastard, even after googling where it was.

Also, I think it's Emerald Ranch on a barn roof, that a great horned owl is always there, re-spawns er whatever.
I think I was wandering in the big valley looking for the special miracle pamphlets where I randomly shot a waxwing whatever...

(I think)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent the last few days finding the "Points of Interest". Very cool stuff.
Points of interest?

You mean the rock paintings/don bones?

Are there clues for these, or just random trip-over locations?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points of interest?

You mean the rock paintings/don bones?

Are there clues for these, or just random trip-over locations?

They are just random, I believe, but I believe they are part of the overall completion percentage er whatever.

All sorts of different cool stuff, from a giant skeleton...there's a whale skeleton clear the fuck up in the high sierras...pagan ritual site...hermit lady...just weird stuff. They all seem to be off the beaten path, so to speak.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just random, I believe, but I believe they are part of the overall completion percentage er whatever.

All sorts of different cool stuff, from a giant skeleton...there's a whale skeleton clear the fuck up in the high sierras...pagan ritual site...hermit lady...just weird stuff. They all seem to be off the beaten path, so to speak.
Ah. Those random things...

Trail trees
Face hill
Hidden house
Etc...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody finished this yet?

Jon Bon Pony is dead. For real this time. :Cry:
I finished it a couple months ago. It makes me want to play the first one so the story is linear but I don't know if I want to grind that out again. I have to say my favorite thing about it was the theater show in Saint Denis.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody find the serial killer? Creepy shit.

Finished the story as well as fishing and all but one animal (panther).

I tried online and it's not great. Really glitchy, not much going on (barely any NPCs), can't afford to buy anything. It's still in beta so maybe it improves.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished it a couple months ago. It makes me want to play the first one so the story is linear but I don't know if I want to grind that out again. I have to say my favorite thing about it was the theater show in Saint Denis.

Do what I did, go on Youtube and watch a video that sums up the story. There's some on there that are like 30+ minutes long that just show all the main story dialogue. It satisfies that itch. Although after playing RDR 2 it is a little frustrating that...(spoiler for anyone that hasn't played the first one)
That Dutch kills himself. Really wanted to beat that bastard a few times with my fist after all his crazy plans

Anybody find the serial killer? Creepy shit.

Finished the story as well as fishing and all but one animal (panther).

I tried online and it's not great. Really glitchy, not much going on (barely any NPCs), can't afford to buy anything. It's still in beta so maybe it improves.

That one is pretty good. Did it early on. Creepiest thing for me is those damn Night Folk. I'm paranoid as shit every time I ride through the swamps at night, especially when its heavy fog.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont even look at my horse wrong, I will kill everyone of you fuckers.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for those that played the first Red Dead Redemption, can you explain to me what the hell happens to Javier between the two? Leader of sing alongs, friendly fishing buddy Javier becomes this ruthless psychopath?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for those that played the first Red Dead Redemption, can you explain to me what the hell happens to Javier between the two? Leader of sing alongs, friendly fishing buddy Javier becomes this ruthless psychopath?

The gang splitting makes him distrustful of basically everyone, but especially Arthur and John since Micah was feeding everyone bullshit about them being the rats. Since it was like a family, he's really hurt.