• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, Francis.

El Capitan was the fastest Arabian around. I bought him before I knew about the gold hunting. Spent every dollar I had and it was worth it. My other horse kept running into people and getting me disturbance of peace fines.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for those that played the first Red Dead Redemption, can you explain to me what the hell happens to Javier between the two? Leader of sing alongs, friendly fishing buddy Javier becomes this ruthless psychopath?

SPOILER

I dont know how to do the spoiler thing where you hide the post but John Marston kills him in one of the missions I think when he goes and visits mexico. I think its funny how in the second game he sounded like a normal guy but in the first red dead he had the most thickest Mexican accent

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILER

I dont know how to do the spoiler thing where you hide the post but John Marston kills him in one of the missions I think when he goes and visits mexico. I think its funny how in the second game he sounded like a normal guy but in the first red dead he had the most thickest Mexican accent

You put "spoiler" in brackets [] [/], so for example

Quote this message and the text in dialogue box will reveal the proper way to do a spoiler

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put "spoiler" in brackets [] [/], so for example

Quote this message and the text in dialogue box will reveal the proper way to do a spoiler

Or you can click on the icon 3 spots to the right of the "smiley icon", and then just click on the word spoiler. Then post in between the bracketed spoiler words.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can click on the icon 3 spots to the right of the "smiley icon", and then just click on the word spoiler. Then post in between the bracketed spoiler words.

Huh. I never knew that was there. There's even a strike through option! So many missed joke opportunities

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else replaying the story? I finished the first time but felt like I short changed myself of the full experience. Got over indulged in the story and missed a lot of things around the camp etc.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished this last night and just roaming around. Right now, I'm completing the dinosaur bones quest. Might try to find my way back to Guarma at some point and start hunting more legendary animals. Anything else I should try to do?
I loved this game, although I liked playing as Arthur more than I like being John.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished this last night and just roaming around. Right now, I'm completing the dinosaur bones quest. Might try to find my way back to Guarma at some point and start hunting more legendary animals. Anything else I should try to do?
I loved this game, although I liked playing as Arthur more than I like being John.

Unfortunately, you can't. Well, not officially. Unless its been patched, there's ways you can glitch yourself there (look them up on youtube)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I will get another one should they make it. It isn't that it is a bad game, it isn't, it's that I hate Rockstar.

Rockstar makes some of the best games visually, but lacks in the actual personalized experience in making actual choices beyond yes or no or customizing a character. Plus Rockstar games have the WORST control systems out of pretty much any game and I feel like they do it on purpose. I don't give a shit how long they have been doing it this way or not, make the controls the same as Fallout and call it a day. The controls should not be as difficult as they are.

Furthermore... my horse is fucking annoying too. We are completely bonded, but every time I get off... the horse take the fuck off and stays on average 40-50 yards away. When I try to stop in a crowded area to talk to some people, the horse alway seems to turn around on its own (fingers not on buttons) and bumping in to people and causing unnecessary trouble. Just frustrating.

But customization and controls need fixed and this and GTA would be even better than they currently are. The experience would be so much more enjoyable.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I will get another one should they make it. It isn't that it is a bad game, it isn't, it's that I hate Rockstar.

Rockstar makes some of the best games visually, but lacks in the actual personalized experience in making actual choices beyond yes or no or customizing a character. Plus Rockstar games have the WORST control systems out of pretty much any game and I feel like they do it on purpose. I don't give a shit how long they have been doing it this way or not, make the controls the same as Fallout and call it a day. The controls should not be as difficult as they are.

Furthermore... my horse is fucking annoying too. We are completely bonded, but every time I get off... the horse take the fuck off and stays on average 40-50 yards away. When I try to stop in a crowded area to talk to some people, the horse alway seems to turn around on its own (fingers not on buttons) and bumping in to people and causing unnecessary trouble. Just frustrating.

But customization and controls need fixed and this and GTA would be even better than they currently are. The experience would be so much more enjoyable.

Again, my issue with Rockstar Games has ALWAYS been the saving mechanism. Just let me do a quicksave where I want please!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought it when it came out but for some reason did not really play it much. I started over a few weeks ago (was only 4-5 hours in) and now I have been playing the hell out of it. Really enjoying it now.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my issue with Rockstar Games has ALWAYS been the saving mechanism. Just let me do a quicksave where I want please!

That is frustrating as well. You have to complete your current mission first, always a pain.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Red Dead 2. Think it is brilliant, the story is brilliant, the immersion is incredible. I was a huge fan of the 1st one though so I am biased. I was going to love this game pretty much regardless.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDR2 was/is a blast. Like basically EVERY Rockstar game I played a ton of it but never got close to finishing it, lol. I don't think I've EVER finished a Rockstar game. I get way too distracted or just go in and start goofing off (which results in not saving). I should boot up some RDR2 though. I stopped playing because I flew somewhere for Christmas and then never got back into it upon return. DAMN FAMILY!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the first Red Dead Redemption, one of my favorite games ever.
I probably like some of the GTAs better mainly because of the speed of travel and fun of driving around listening to music but its close because of the story and setting of RDR. It was fantastic.

I scoffed at the 2nd being a prequel but so far that has not bothered me in this story, though I am probably only halfway through.

Story is not everything, there have been some really fun games whose stories make no sense, but when a game has a good story it helps. L.A. Noire was a flawed game that really benefited from its story and voice acting. The Last Of Us had an awesome story.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't mind Rockstar and I love the GTA games but....Assassin's Creed Odyssey is way more fun to play than Red Dead 2. Red Dead's gameplay is just so slow.

Im still looking to get back into the game but its just stuck in my backlog