• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Bon Pony is dead.
giphy.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANyone know if I replay the mission, will Jon Bon Pony come back to life?

Super gay how he died too. Plus I'm in butt fucking Egypt with a horseless saddle full of shit.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANyone know if I replay the mission, will Jon Bon Pony come back to life?

Super gay how he died too. Plus I'm in butt fucking Egypt with a horseless saddle full of shit.

I'm not even sure. Negan is still kicking ass and taking names. I think i only had to recover him once.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure. Negan is still kicking ass and taking names. I think i only had to recover him once.
It was lame af...a mission involving a train ride, wherein I had to defend the train from attackers...you know how yer horse is just there if you take the train? Well when I was outside the fucker, shooting fucks, I could see Jon Bon running alongside the fucking train. He either got ran over by the train in the dust up or killed by the attackers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the train finally stopped, no Pony....the only marker on the map I had was Arthur's saddle, which was clear the fuck back the route we just came, near the tracks. I ran all the fucking way there to find his ass dead.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was lame af...a mission involving a train ride, wherein I had to defend the train from attackers...you know how yer horse is just there if you take the train? Well when I was outside the fucker, shooting fucks, I could see Jon Bon running alongside the fucking train. He either got ran over by the train in the dust up or killed by the attackers.
i heard he was choked out by a large mouth bass.....
AnxiousMammothFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the train finally stopped, no Pony....the only marker on the map I had was Arthur's saddle, which was clear the fuck back the route we just came, near the tracks. I ran all the fucking way there to find his ass dead.

:rip:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to try to replay the mission, but says it creates a restore point, and that after you've replayed it you will return to that point.

Thinking Jon Bon Pony may truly be dead.

Guess it's time to bring Nick Foals in off the bench.

Fuck that mission. Forced me to lose a legendary bison pelt and I guess every fucking thing else I own.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to try to replay the mission, but says it creates a restore point, and that after you've replayed it you will return to that point.

Thinking Jon Bon Pony may truly be dead.

Guess it's time to bring Nick Foals in off the bench.

Fuck that mission. Forced me to lose a legendary bison pelt and I guess every fucking thing else I own.

The lesson, as always, make sure you play with multiple save files. Jon Bon Pony would still be alive if you bothered to make a save file before playing the mission. Because of your negligence, he's dead.

Also, never do missions (or even random events) with a pelt on your horse. Give that shit to the trapper as soon as you get it. The game has a nasty habit of discarding your pelts when embarking on other stuff. It doesn't always happen, but it happens

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lesson, as always, make sure you play with multiple save files. Jon Bon Pony would still be alive if you bothered to make a save file before playing the mission. Because of your negligence, he's dead.
And he will have to live with that knowledge. A night will not pass without him hearing his neighs. Without him feeling the gentle nudge of Jon Bon Pony asking for just one more carrot. Just one more oat cake. Never again will he be able to say “Good Boy”, or “That’s my boy” or “you’re alright boy”.

Rest In Peace, dear Jon Bon Pony. You sweet, sweet boy...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, never do missions (or even random events) with a pelt on your horse. Give that shit to the trapper as soon as you get it. The game has a nasty habit of discarding your pelts when embarking on other stuff. It doesn't always happen, but it happens
I lost my semi-auto shotgun on a glitch like that...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he will have to live with that knowledge. A night will not pass without him hearing his neighs. Without him feeling the gentle nudge of Jon Bon Pony asking for just one more carrot. Just one more oat cake. Never again will he be able to say “Good Boy”, or “That’s my boy” or “you’re alright boy”.

Rest In Peace, dear Jon Bon Pony. You sweet, sweet boy...

hahaha....nah foos, he's ALIVE and well....I had saved from just before that shit mission. Jon Bon Pony is Living on a Prayer en sech. WOOT WOOT!!

For those interested, if and when you do the white mission, The Course of True Love V(the last phase of helping Penelope Braithwaite and Beau escape their families, according to reddit, be sure to take your horse off of follow mode(however you do that) Apparently I am not the only one to "run into" this problem. If ya don't the fucker gets ran over by the train.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far I have only located one trapper.

If I had any complaints of this game, it would be just how massive the map is (Which is also a posiitive of the game) but my hell, if you aren't near a train or stagecoach....lotta riding yer ass off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I have only located one trapper.

If I had any complaints of this game, it would be just how massive the map is (Which is also a posiitive of the game) but my hell, if you aren't near a train or stagecoach....lotta riding yer ass off.
I have found 4. I have not gone to the SW or new Austin yet, though...

NE of Emerald, south of the Viking burial ground.
NW of Strawberry. North of the lake.
South of Strawberry, N of Blackwater.
St Denis

And technically, they are all the same guy. He “moves around a lot”, though he just happens to always be where you are.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha....nah foos, he's ALIVE and well....I had saved from just before that shit mission. Jon Bon Pony is Living on a Prayer en sech. WOOT WOOT!!

For those interested, if and when you do the white mission, The Course of True Love V(the last phase of helping Penelope Braithwaite and Beau escape their families, according to reddit, be sure to take your horse off of follow mode(however you do that) Apparently I am not the only one to "run into" this problem. If ya don't the fucker gets ran over by the train.

To get out of "follow mode" you need to take a couple of steps away from your horse, hold the left trigger to focus on him and it will pull up a menu with "follow, stay, and flee" options. If you're standing too close, you'll get the menu to feed,brush, etc so just keep backing up until it switches.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get out of "follow mode" you need to take a couple of steps away from your horse, hold the left trigger to focus on him and it will pull up a menu with "follow, stay, and flee" options. If you're standing too close, you'll get the menu to feed,brush, etc so just keep backing up until it switches.

ahh...no shit...I have noticed that before but never paid attention to it, I guess?

Well, be sure to do that before getting on that train in that mission