• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking to do some crafting but now I've got a question. Is it possible to get a perfect cow or ox pelt without losing honor? The only place I ever find them is at farms and every time you kill a farm animal, you take an honor hit.
I found a respawning perfect ox that you can take down without any negative karma. There is a tiny cabin w-n-w of Van Horn (just e-s-e of Butcher Creek) that has a perfect ox and a mangy dog running around. Sometimes there are some ranchers in the cabin,but they are usually drunk so you don’t have to worry about them.

When you are done, go to Van Horn and stage coach to where ever your camp is currently located. It costs 4.20 to go to St Denis...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can’t find a regular moose to save my life. I go to the only marked moose spot on the map (that I have found, at least) and have never run into one.

I have not messed with bait yet. Maybe I need to do that?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can’t find a regular moose to save my life. I go to the only marked moose spot on the map (that I have found, at least) and have never run into one.

I swear I saw some south of Valentine early on in the game. I know I saw one in Tall Trees but I was getting chased by bounty hunters so I didn't bother with it. They must be hard to spot though because I just rode around the Northern part of the the map just to check and didn't see a single one, lol. Apparently they are just rare. I searched on reddit and its so common that its basically a meme about how rare they are.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ran into a "Wolfman" somewhere east of Annesburg tonight. Some feral man that was living and raising a wild pack of wolves. He was completely naked. And I mean completely

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ran into a "Wolfman" somewhere east of Annesburg tonight. Some feral man that was living and raising a wild pack of wolves. He was completely naked. And I mean completely
Ran into him last weekend.

Relatedly unrelated, is there any use for the meteorites?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran into him last weekend.

Relatedly unrelated, is there any use for the meteorites?

Haven't found any yet but I think they are just unique items. I found some fertility statues and was searching sites what they are used for and saw people talking about the meteorites as well. It looks like there's quite a few unique items that are just that; unique, that serve no real purpose. They might some time down the road if they ever do a DLC but right now, they are just fun little oddities.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ventured SW before the story takes you there? The legendary panther is down there and I have been thinking of trekking it. Recommendations?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ventured SW before the story takes you there? The legendary panther is down there and I have been thinking of trekking it. Recommendations?

I tried multiple ways and it still wouldn't let me go that way. You are going to let the story take you there.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck, the spawn points for Male bull Moose are broken. I tried different baits and stalking spawn locations, reloading so many times. It is pure luck to stumble upon a Male bull moose, bait attracts the female, but Male antlered ones are a bitch to find.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, the spawn points for Male bull Moose are broken. I tried different baits and stalking spawn locations, reloading so many times. It is pure luck to stumble upon a Male bull moose, bait attracts the female, but Male antlered ones are a bitch to find.
Thanks. I am trying to finish Pearson so I can concentrate on the trapper. I have (I think) 1 cow, 1 goat, 1 moose, and a couple big cats left for Pearson. The trapper still needs a shit-ton...

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I wish was in this game, was the ability to buy land and build a house. Kind of like what Skyrim allows you to do, keep a garden for you plants and vegetables, stables, barn, collection room, a animal mounted room, etc.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I am trying to finish Pearson so I can concentrate on the trapper. I have (I think) 1 cow, 1 goat, 1 moose, and a couple big cats left for Pearson. The trapper still needs a shit-ton...

All I have left is moose antlers, I stopped trying to hunt moose down. Waste of time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I wish was in this game, was the ability to buy land and build a house. Kind of like what Skyrim allows you to do, keep a garden for you plants and vegetables, stables, barn, collection room, a animal mounted room, etc.
I didn’t really like the locations Skyrim gave you, though. I would love building some kind of outpost in that area between Van Horn and Butchers Creek, though. Or NW of Strawberry.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t really like the locations Skyrim gave you, though. I would love building some kind of outpost in that area between Van Horn and Butchers Creek, though. Or NW of Strawberry.

Strawberry is my favorite town because mostly the articheture, my house spot would be over by little creek in Big Valley or somewhere in Roanoke Ridge, beautiful country, mostly by little creek with the purple fields

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this for xmas, so still a newb.

What'd y'all name your horses? Lulz

So far, I got Pony Robbins, Jon Bon Pony, Harry Trotter and John Elway.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am surprised they don't have this in the game because in GTA they offer the option to buy a house and park your car. I am not really into crafting and killing legendary animals and upgrading my camp only to see a pelt on the ground or a goats skull for decoration. But if I had my own place I would be all about gathering things like you said build a farm, chicken coop, buy a dog, herd your own sheep, your own stable etc then maybe use it as a hideout for your own gang and make money from people working under you

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i got this for xmas, so still a newb.

What'd y'all name your horses? Lulz

So far, I got Pony Robbins, Jon Bon Pony, Harry Trotter and John Elway.

I named mine roach

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A knock that I give this game is how NPCs treat one another or lack there of. This guy was chasing me down trying to kill me, I ran inside a sheriffs station and nobody did a thing but god forbid I bump into someone with my horse and get a $5 bounty on me the police in that city would start shooting at me

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I named my white stallion, Aphrodite

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A knock that I give this game is how NPCs treat one another or lack there of. This guy was chasing me down trying to kill me, I ran inside a sheriffs station and nobody did a thing but god forbid I bump into someone with my horse and get a $5 bounty on me the police in that city would start shooting at me

May be true, but they will comment on your clothes horse, smell, someone you hogtied. No game has ever had this level of interaction with the world. You walk in somewhere, you barge in somewhere gets two different reactions, you hear some talking you can join in on the conversation