• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rays @ M's: May 5th - 8th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observations tonites game:

1. As a team, the Mariners hit very few line drives ( tons of pop up fly balls and weak infield grounders and alot of K's )
2. The opposing teams hit A LOT of line drives against us
3. I am NOT a fan of Mr. T as a relief pitcher in our pen. I just do not like his pitching style ( herky jerky ) and I do not like the lack of control.
And I sure as hell do not think he needs to be wearing multiple gaudy gold chains outside his uniform.
4. The Mariners rarely score the needed 4 runs a game to have an 81-81 .500 season
5. We just are not competitive on a major league level with a roster of mostly cast offs from other clubs.
6. We have 4-5 guys in the line up who can consistently put the ball in play more times than not.
7. We now have a rookie in our starting 5 man rotation with zero big league experience and practically no AAA experience.
8. And we are the only ball park stupid enough to serve fried bugs to our fans :sad2:
9. I guess there's always next year ( oops, I forgot it's just early May )

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with Kirby starting tomorrow and not Flexen . Just over reach from self proclaimed insiders

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight's L, the Mariners are on pace for a 69-93 season. If that's where they end up I'm curious to see if Dipoto will find himself on the hot seat at all with a bunch of his farm system now having reached the majors, or if there's no accountability and the job is his until he decides he doesn't want it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love so much seeing our players still laughing during games while losing 10 of the last 11. At least they have kept their sense of humor...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with Kirby starting tomorrow and not Flexen . Just over reach from self proclaimed insiders
Well, as long as we're content on plummeting and getting swept here and there, might as well bring up people who can contribute to the cause.

"Prospect"? Yeah, we heard that before last year, and Kelenic still hasn't really lived up to that kind of hype that he had before joining the roster.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BensonRage1Try.png

Bringing this back after so long because FUCK QUITTERS!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we overreacting since it's still May? Probably not. Holy cow things have been bad.
Schedule don't help either, their schedule's been quite brutal. BUT that's no excuses. If you want to be good or competitive, you have to beat these teams. Be it in May or September.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the mariners organization is simply so desperate to validate itself ( and its decision making regarding developing players ) that they are going all in mode in a desperate move in hopes of a 'prospect' actually having an impact at the big league level.

Sort of like a Hail Mary - surprise bobblehead night @ the ballpark. Do not be fooled by these snake oil salesmen again. We have seen this act too many times.

They ( the Ms .org ) will look at it like a mind blowing move if the box office reports an uptick of 1.25% increase in ticket sales for the May 8 Mothers day game.

Marching Kirby out there on a at home weekend game vs a good hitting Rays club is likely feeding him to the wolves.

He is a new look arm and hopefully has some success the 1st trip thru the line up. If he makes it 85 pitches and 4 complete innings of work and allows 3 or fewer earned runs I call it a good outing. Do I agree with running him out there ? HELL NO. It's just another Barnum & Bailey circus move by the Mariners similar to the bearded lady illusion ( get the suckers .10 cents to walk in a tent to see some fake bearded lady sitting there )

Sooner or later we will win a game, you can't lose them all.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up Kirby straight out of AA skipping AAA seems like an act of desperation, in my opinion.

Anyway, I said in the first series of the year that my expectations were rock bottom heading into the season. I’ve seen this movie too many times. We win 90 games then come back the very next year to lose 90 games. Seems we’re right on track to continue that trend.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching the Mariners back in the early 80's when they were still showed on channel 11 (kstw) in Seattle. I remember going lots of games as a kid. Now I'm my upper 40's and they still haven't WON JACK FUCKING SHIT EVER. I've watched family members grow old and die being a fan and never seeing this team do anything meaningful. This team is so disappointing and embarrassing.

MLB needs to make some kind of mercy rule just for us Mariners fans. It's been 43 years of this crap over and over and over and I'll guarantee you that nobody at the top in the Mariners organization gives a flying crap as long as there are asses in the seats. Remember when the new ownership group was supposed to be different? Nothing changed.

Us fans are stupid thinking this team could ever win a championship and I don't know why we even watch this crap. Its basically fixed because the organization isn't serious about winning and just goes halfway and the rest has to come from miracles, so we get this smoke and mirrors bs while they lie to the fans every year to sucker us into watching.

1995 was lucky and 2001 was a fluke and while they are our best highlights they are both failures and are completely meaningless to others outside of Seattle yet its the only thing we have to hold onto, when I said the Mariners championship is when they lead the league after four games of the season I was serious, that's pretty much the only time of the year this team can be the best. Then its the slow grueling grind of watching this team fade away from contention for the rest of the year while they set us up for next year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we overreacting since it's still May? Probably not. Holy cow things have been bad.
Schedule don't help either, their schedule's been quite brutal. BUT that's no excuses. If you want to be good or competitive, you have to beat these teams. Be it in May or September.
Here's the reality of the situation. This isnt me being overly negative either. This is just the numbers.

They are now 4 games under .500 and have a pitcher making his ML debut today against a great team.

After a series against a decent Philly team who is probably pissed after a blowing a big lead the other day, they embark on a 10 game road trip against good competition.

This team has not played good on the road or against good teams. Also if you consider yourself a good team, you dont have 3 4+ game losing streaks in such a short time span. Anyway it seems like a 3-7 trip or worse is possible. When you start falling 8 to 10 games under .500, that's territory that you dont dig yourself out of and make the playoffs. Very few teams have.

The 2018 Mariners showed me you cannot win anything in the first couple of months but there have also been many Mariner teams that have showed me you can definitely lose your season.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up Kirby straight out of AA skipping AAA seems like an act of desperation, in my opinion.

Anyway, I said in the first series of the year that my expectations were rock bottom heading into the season. I’ve seen this movie too many times. We win 90 games then come back the very next year to lose 90 games. Seems we’re right on track to continue that trend.
Agree with both.

They pumped the reason as not signing another starter was becasue of Brash and Kirby. 5 starts and they have already abandoned Brash. Whether Kirby is good and ready or not, he pitched 60 innings last year. You cannot expect him to save your season.

Also yes whenever this team has even a little bit of expectations headed into the year, they cant handle. I guarded myself from such because it was obvious they did not do enough.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2018 Mariners showed me you cannot win anything in the first couple of months but there have also been many Mariner teams that have showed me you can definitely lose your season.
You don’t even have to go back to the 2018 season. If you just look at last season, in April and May they thought Montero was a viable pitcher and he cost them at a minimum at least 3 games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the call-up of Kirby, we have used up all our prospect cards for 2022. No other reinforcements available this year at least none of high expectations. I know I am a broken record, but if you sign guys and things go south you can bring up hope to replace them even if it is for a few weeks. But when you rely on hope and don't sign guys and the hopeful disappoint, there is no-one coming to your rescue and that scares me because it makes GM's like Dipoto skittish and he could do something real stupid like deal guys for rentals at the deadline. No rentals!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Felix kid was pretty good I believe.