• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Marsh has a past, and is fortunate to still be in the league, no doubt. That said, he has taken multiple proactive steps towards improving himself as a human, recently, and has been a model-citizen while with the Bears.

And it sucks, but its still allegations vs. video evidence.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Marsh has a past, and is fortunate to still be in the league, no doubt. That said, he has taken multiple proactive steps towards improving himself as a human, recently, and has been a model-citizen while with the Bears.

And it sucks, but its still allegations vs. video evidence.

Domestic violence is a huge problem in the league. I get that it took an incident caught on video for people to start having an opinion on this. Let's just not keep it reserved to Ray Rice and Ray Rice only. Let's also take it easy when only blasting the Ravens' organization and Ravens' fanbase (speaking generally, not you specifically). It's annoying.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was addressed already, but did the NFL and the Ravens have access to this video when they handed down the initial ruling and the Ravens stood by their RB? I have to believe they did, how could they not. Did the police and everyone else just happen upon the video today? I doubt it.

I'm glad he's cut and gone, but come on. Everyone still looks dirty as shit in this.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has indefinitely suspended Ray Rice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/sports/football/ray-rice-video-shows-punch-and-raises-new-questions-for-nfl.html

“Commissioner Roger Goodell has announced that based on the new video evidence that became available today, he has imposed an indefinite suspension on Ray Rice”

Sorry, but I have a really hard time believing this is the first time Goodell and/or anybody in the Ravens organization had seen that video.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news:
After checking his twitter feed this morning, 49'ers DL Ray McDonald crapped himself so hard he had to be rushed to a local area medical center for IV fluid replacement. He could not be immediately reached for comment.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis murdering somebody is ok, but Ray Rice punching his wife is where the Ravens organization draws the line.

It's not exactly the same thing. I'm genuinely unaware of anyone who supports the idea that Ray Lewis may have murdered someone. He's just never been found guilty nor is there any video of him murdering anyone.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news:
After checking his twitter feed this morning, 49'ers DL Ray McDonald crapped himself so hard he had to be rushed to a local area medical center for IV fluid replacement. He could not be immediately reached for comment.

Ditto for Greg Hardy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pshhhh, that's not Lovecraft. Lovecraft would have had it caused by an unnameable creature of indescribable cosmic horror beyond a world we could hope to fathom guided by an unmentionable old god named zxrtyuoip from an unknowable region of outer depths. He also would have added something racist. :thumb:

That sounds more like Harlan Ellison or Robert Heinlein, but w/o the racism of course.....:nod:
But yeah...HPL was definitely "out there".
:suds:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Why Should Goodell Stop With Ray Rice?

There's a bunch of other guys who he didn't punish enough or didn't punish at all? Brandon Marshall and Dez Bryant come to mind. If he's gonna do this to Ray Rice, it would only seem fair for him to revisit the punishment of other guys.

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long until Jerry Jones signs him. There's NO way he passes up that publicity.

My first thoughts exactly! Ray Rice definitely has Cowboy blue in his future, much to my chagrin...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news:

Unless there is a video of him knocking out his GF he'll probably just get the 6 game suspension. That's if he is proven guilty.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Jay Z have been justified if he defended himself against Beyonce's sister's vicious elevator attack ?

I say yes.

Maybe.
There was two of them, even if one of them was a nonparticipant.

Whoopie Goldberg even said after that incident, that if any body hits any body, they deserve to be hit back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's remarkable is seeing the overwhelmingly violent nature of the arrests. I don't care if you smoke weed or like hookers, but keep your composure no matter what.

I hope this isn't true, but perhaps the violence of the sport is carrying over into the personal lives of some players.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no video of those incidents.

I do think though that those players that have killed someone need to be fucking gone. Looking at you Josh Brent.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/sports/football/ray-rice-video-shows-punch-and-raises-new-questions-for-nfl.html

“Commissioner Roger Goodell has announced that based on the new video evidence that became available today, he has imposed an indefinite suspension on Ray Rice”

Sorry, but I have a really hard time believing this is the first time Goodell and/or anybody in the Ravens organization had seen that video.

I don't know why the video changes anything. We already knew he knocked her out in the elevator. Is the NFL rule that if they hear about it, two game suspension, but if they see it, indefinite suspension?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is what really did it. With ESPN covering the story non-stop on top of the public outcry I think Goodell was just trying to save face ( not that I disagree with his decision to ban Ray Rice). Doubt he'll be revisiting anything anytime soon.