• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens Tray Walker in critical condition

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, not out to get the Pats, just to get mileage out something by using the Patriots. Tray Walker riding a dirt bike off a trail without a helmet doesn't grab much attention anywhere but Baltimore. Mention that Patriot's player might be involved and it goes viral........sorry jarntt, but even a Cowboy fan who hates the Patriots can't deny that.
I think it's pretty arrogant to think that a story about any NFL player dying needs to have a Patriot player falsely added to it in order to make it worthy of getting people's attention. Furthermore, The Patriot name carries little more weight than another team (it's not like they said it was Tom Brady or Gronk). The reason it became an aspect of the story was based on the thought that another NFL player was there and fled the scene while a man was dying. The team he was on was insignificant to the story.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the ESPN piece. On December 29, 2015 I was driving my small 2000 Mazda B3000 pick up truck. I had just dropped off a friend of my grandson and was heading home. I was travelling on a main crossing street and had stooped at an intersection for a stop light. It was 4:30 PM and was completely dark here in NH. I had my left blinker on and a police car had come to a stop to my right as the light was changing. I got the green light and started to proceed into the intersection when all of a sudden my grandson screams "LOOK OUT". A woman driving a 2033 Honda Osessy came through the intersection, about 35-40 mph and hit me dead head on. Thank God for airbags. She didn't have any lights and was pissing through the city to get home. She never hit the brakes because she was on her cell phone (Illegal in NH while driving $150 fine). Her airbags never deployed because she took them out and sold them. She destroyed the Honda. She knocked out my parking lights and stripped the plastic off my bumper. The Mazda withstood the hit because it had a total body tow package and she hit tow ring that extend from the front of the truck. I was charged with being at fault because I was turning left. My insurance covered her car ($1019.00) and my insurance went up $945 a year.

I wonder if the SUV was turning left?
Sometimes common sense is lacking in our laws. Did she contend that she didn't go through a red light and thus make it a he said, she said case and make the left turn the "tiebreaker"? To say you were at fault because you were turning left if she went through a red light is crazy, especially if she was found to be on a cell phone which would call into question the validity of her saying the light hadn't changed. Plus you legally need to slow down when approaching any intersection. One of the worst is if some idiot is in front of you and stops short for no reason you are at fault. I get the reasons behind it and the tailgating laws, but even if driving at a safe distance if someone locks them up for some stupid reason like they missed a turn or something, how is the poor guy behind them at fault?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP for the kid. Terrible story~

I would never ride without a helmet. It's risky enough as it is to be on the street on two wheels.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty arrogant to think that a story about any NFL player dying needs to have a Patriot player falsely added to it in order to make it worthy of getting people's attention. Furthermore, The Patriot name carries little more weight than another team (it's not like they said it was Tom Brady or Gronk). The reason it became an aspect of the story was based on the thought that another NFL player was there and fled the scene while a man was dying. The team he was on was insignificant to the story.
Come on jarntt you know this was a reporter trying to get viewers. Had the reporter been responsible (I know that's rare) just said Walker may have been with a current or former NFL player no one cares. But instead with no proof the reporters opts to throw out the tag line "Patriot Player".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on jarntt you know this was a reporter trying to get viewers. Had the reporter been responsible (I know that's rare) just said Walker may have been with a current or former NFL player no one cares. But instead with no proof the reporters opts to throw out the tag line "Patriot Player".
A guy died and I don't want to make the "Patriot aspect" a part of the discussion. I'll just leave it at I completely disagree.:suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats haters can't concede the simplest of points.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, not out to get the Pats, just to get mileage out something by using the Patriots. Tray Walker riding a dirt bike off a trail without a helmet doesn't grab much attention anywhere but Baltimore. Mention that Patriot's player might be involved and it goes viral........sorry jarntt, but even a Cowboy fan who hates the Patriots can't deny that.
Do you think that maybe, just maybe the fact that the Pat player fled the scene instead of sticking around to help his friend has something to do with it? Why did he flee, we're they in the wrong and he knew it? Think about it, if he stuck around his being a Pat isn't the story, his fleeing is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that maybe, just maybe the fact that the Pat player fled the scene instead of sticking around to help his friend has something to do with it? Why did he flee, we're they in the wrong and he knew it? Think about it, if he stuck around his being a Pat isn't the story, his fleeing is.
Your as bad as the reporter. Were you there? How do you know it was a Pat player?
You're absolutely correct on one thing, fleeing the scene is the issue. A mother lost her son, family lost a brother way too soon in life. It's unfortunate but don't use speculation to try and attract more readers is all we're saying.

Maybe you're upset no national news about your cowboys in over a week? I'm joking relax

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your as bad as the reporter. Were you there? How do you know it was a Pat player?
You're absolutely correct on one thing, fleeing the scene is the issue. A mother lost her son, family lost a brother way too soon in life. It's unfortunate but don't use speculation to try and attract more readers is all we're saying.

Maybe you're upset no national news about your cowboys in over a week? I'm joking relax

No I'm not upset, what I'm saying is it the other guy played for Jacksonville, they would have reported it the exact same way, but replaced "Patriots" with "Jaguars".

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we speculate that the phantom Patriot player deflated the tires on the bike causing the accident?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not upset, what I'm saying is it the other guy played for Jacksonville, they would have reported it the exact same way, but replaced "Patriots" with "Jaguars".
My point it hasn't been devulged who this mystery play may or may not have been? Why didn't the reporter say it was possibly a Jag, Cowboy, Steeler... nope without validating the report she said it was a Pat player. Not former or current or PS...
Piss poor journalism, we can thank our 5th ammendment and liberal judges for that. In the US you can say almost anything with no recourse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we speculate that the phantom Patriot player deflated the tires on the bike causing the accident?
Yes, yes we should. Get the local FBI office on it quickly before Goodell and his goons start claiming jurisdiction.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point it hasn't been devulged who this mystery play may or may not have been? Why didn't the reporter say it was possibly a Jag, Cowboy, Steeler... nope without validating the report she said it was a Pat player. Not former or current or PS...
Piss poor journalism, we can thank our 5th ammendment and liberal judges for that. In the US you can say almost anything with no recourse.
Well maybe witnesses at the scene said a patriot player was present. What do you think the reporter just said a patriot players was there without anyone at the scene mentioning it. Do you think the reporter would be told a Jag player was there then report it as a patriot player?
Look I understand you guys are tired of all the negative stories out of NE, but the team and players brought it upon themselves. Now don't take this as me saying the team supported all the shit that has gone on, it's just that the more a person or organization does the more it gets noticed. Think about it if the media was really trying to use the Pats for clicks, wouldn't they be beating sown the door of the players name?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe witnesses at the scene said a patriot player was present. What do you think the reporter just said a patriot players was there without anyone at the scene mentioning it. Do you think the reporter would be told a Jag player was there then report it as a patriot player?
Look I understand you guys are tired of all the negative stories out of NE, but the team and players brought it upon themselves. Now don't take this as me saying the team supported all the shit that has gone on, it's just that the more a person or organization does the more it gets noticed. Think about it if the media was really trying to use the Pats for clicks, wouldn't they be beating sown the door of the players name?
I can agree with most of what you're saying.
However, it was speculation by the reporter. Otherwise where is this other person? Was this Dade county? Otherwise even Barney Fife could've located an NFL player by now. I'm not saying there wasn't a former or current player there? That kind of statement without verification would make me a qualified journalist.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with most of what you're saying.
However, it was speculation by the reporter. Otherwise where is this other person? Was this Dade county? Otherwise even Barney Fife could've located an NFL player by now. I'm not saying there wasn't a former or current player there? That kind of statement without verification would make me a qualified journalist.
If it was purely speculation by the reporter than yes it was bad reporting, but more than likely the reporter was told this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was purely speculation by the reporter than yes it was bad reporting, but more than likely the reporter was told this.
I told a reporter Flacco was elite. Doesn't make it true. Responsible reporters verify their stories. Unless... they're trying to get it out first. Shoddy reporting is all.

Thought I would save some electrons and introduce Flacco into this thread:lol:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's relevant because of the very real possibility that the Patriots player killed him. They do that sort of thing.