• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens Tray Walker in critical condition

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a picture of the intersection on ESPN. It looks like the SUV probably pulled in front of him. The direction he was going didn't have a stop sign, but the street the SUV was on did. With him wearing dark clothes and no light on the motorcycle, the SUV probably just didn't see him.

Pictures of crash scenes don't always tell the whole story. I haven't read anything on it yet, but what does the police report say about it?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a picture of the intersection on ESPN. It looks like the SUV probably pulled in front of him. The direction he was going didn't have a stop sign, but the street the SUV was on did. With him wearing dark clothes and no light on the motorcycle, the SUV probably just didn't see him.
Just googled mapped it, it does appear the SUV had a stop sign.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riding without a helmet is risky...but I do it anyway. I like the feel of the wind in my face...wearing a helmet is like driving a convertible and never putting the roof down.

That being said, you'd better be extremely defensive when riding.

Unfortunately in the state that cannot count the hanging chads, they have a stupid law there that if you are 21 or over and have medical insurance that covers motorcycle injuries of a minimum $10,000. ,you can ride legally w/o a helmet.
I understand that dirt bikes on the street there are considered a recreation, even though they are illegal , the law looks the other way.
Maybe they will wake up now and do their job.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just googled mapped it, it does appear the SUV had a stop sign.

The reporter on the scene said there is a double sign there warning motorcyclists to look both ways before proceeding, so it sounds like Tray had the stop sign according to him...Sad either way !!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riding a dirt bike after dark on the road?
Ok, I'll throw my 2 cents in:
Back in the day, I'd ride down the tracks or on the side of the ride or whatever, to get to a place to ride my motorcycle on a track or trail...
Being kids we'd sometimes stay out too long and get caught out after dark. Easy to forget the time when you're flying! Would have to sneak home as best you could - even occasionally getting on the road for a stretch.....

I was pretty wild as a young man. Never thought I'd live to be 25.
Thankfully, I'm still here - but not without the grace of God.
We are all too young to die - at any age. Always a tragedy.....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riding a dirt bike after dark on the road?
Ok, I'll throw my 2 cents in:
Back in the day, I'd ride down the tracks or on the side of the ride or whatever, to get to a place to ride my motorcycle on a track or trail...
Being kids we'd sometimes stay out too long and get caught out after dark. Easy to forget the time when you're flying! Would have to sneak home as best you could - even occasionally getting on the road for a stretch.....

I was pretty wild as a young man. Never thought I'd live to be 25.
Thankfully, I'm still here - but not without the grace of God.
We are all too young to die - at any age. Always a tragedy.....

I often road unlicensed dirt bikes on the road to get to a riding area, but that was in Victorville/Apple Valley CA, and the riding area away from the house wasn't even a mile away. Cops wouldn't stop us unless we were obviously using the road as anything other than getting to from the desert.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often road unlicensed dirt bikes on the road to get to a riding area, but that was in Victorville/Apple Valley CA, and the riding area away from the house wasn't even a mile away. Cops wouldn't stop us unless we were obviously using the road as anything other than getting to from the desert.
California was a little different. We could (and I did) get a ticket for pushing the non-street legal bike one block to the riding area - even on the shoulder!!!!!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California was a little different. We could (and I did) get a ticket for pushing the non-street legal bike one block to the riding area - even on the shoulder!!!!!
Damn, I guess they are stricter now than they were in the 70s

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I guess they are stricter now than they were in the 70s
That WAS the 70's.....
I could ride along side the tracks all the way to Pismo Beach - then I'd only have a block to run to the beach!
I "learned" to just pick my spot and haul ass! Could not be caught in the dunes on a motorcycle......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't really heard the details, but wouldn't you hear a dirt bike even if you didn't see it?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No helmet, no lights on the 'motorcycle', and riding a dirt bike like a moron on the open road?

Darwin award candidate right there.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that? I can't hear you over Brady crying that he lost to Peyton again in the playoffs. You need to speak a little louder because Tom is really wailing this time, something about nightmares dreaming about getting ass-raped by Denver's Defense.

And I even picked NE to win, I should've known Brady would shit the bed like he always does against a guy named Manning.

No you pussied out on your favorite team and now ride their coat tails. You're worse than the lead loser during a rain storm on the loser's day parade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. You bash the media for something a gossip site like TMZ says and all I can think of is what dirt bag did that and damn, they were onto something there was a Patriot or ex-Patriot involved (assuming you are even correct). It's not like their sources had pictures and his Football card. I'd say that was a huge hit on their part...I know, I know, everyone is out to get the Pats...

NO, not out to get the Pats, just to get mileage out something by using the Patriots. Tray Walker riding a dirt bike off a trail without a helmet doesn't grab much attention anywhere but Baltimore. Mention that Patriot's player might be involved and it goes viral........sorry jarntt, but even a Cowboy fan who hates the Patriots can't deny that.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because the definition of living is acting like an ass on a motorcycle built to break the law.

So everyone that rides sport bikes acts "like an ass" and breaks the law?

You don't know very much about them do you?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone that rides sport bikes acts "like an ass" and breaks the law?

You don't know very much about them do you?

I know that motorized bicycles are basically death traps on wheels; I uh, I know that. :noidea:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the ESPN piece. On December 29, 2015 I was driving my small 2000 Mazda B3000 pick up truck. I had just dropped off a friend of my grandson and was heading home. I was travelling on a main crossing street and had stooped at an intersection for a stop light. It was 4:30 PM and was completely dark here in NH. I had my left blinker on and a police car had come to a stop to my right as the light was changing. I got the green light and started to proceed into the intersection when all of a sudden my grandson screams "LOOK OUT". A woman driving a 2033 Honda Osessy came through the intersection, about 35-40 mph and hit me dead head on. Thank God for airbags. She didn't have any lights and was pissing through the city to get home. She never hit the brakes because she was on her cell phone (Illegal in NH while driving $150 fine). Her airbags never deployed because she took them out and sold them. She destroyed the Honda. She knocked out my parking lights and stripped the plastic off my bumper. The Mazda withstood the hit because it had a total body tow package and she hit tow ring that extend from the front of the truck. I was charged with being at fault because I was turning left. My insurance covered her car ($1019.00) and my insurance went up $945 a year.

I wonder if the SUV was turning left?