• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens sign OT Jake Long...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I was sure he was done as a starter, and we got Stanley who has already claimed that spot....I was hoping Long could help speed up his maturity while providing a good back up also....Like cd said, we don't know what the structure of his 1 yr deal was that the Ravens wanted a injury waiver on that knee and he rejected the the whole deal....A little puzzling from both sides IMO....
And yes the mentor side would have been his greatest value, I don't know why they don't just hire JO to come back and be that to the rook....

With that expectation...it's not a bad risk, but idk how realiable he will be as backup...he said he was able to play as some point during the season in ATL...they never needed him.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that expectation...it's not a bad risk, but idk how realiable he will be as backup...he said he was able to play as some point during the season in ATL...they never needed him.

I don't think anyone is gonna sign him without that injury waiver this yr now, and he'll be 32 next yr so, I'm thinking he should have took the deal and rolled the dice....If it did hold up, he could have mildly cashed in next yr with someone for his last ride...