• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rookies

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody digging into the rookies yet?

Some key members of the class ended up staying in school but I think it's overall still a stronger than average group.

QB
Joe Burrow, LSU - pretty much a lock to go #1 to Cincy. Crazy accuracy and pocket presence. I think Burrow's the best QB prospect since Luck and RG3.

Tua Tugavailoa, Alabama - the expected first pick before Burrows crazy season and a bad hip injury. He's had ankle injuries as well but sounds like he should be healthy by the draft. Could be an elite prospect at a "discount"

Justin Herbert, Oregon - Tall and mobile with a cannon but not much else here imo. I think somebody's gonna reach for him and regret it.

Jake Fromm, Georgia - 3yr starter in the SEC, but I'm not sold he's much as a player. Issues with accuracy.

Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma - has the championship experience and mobility but does he have the arm? I think he might be a better passer than he gets credit for

Jordan Love, Utah State - high upside small school prospect. Had a great sophomore season but threw 17 Ints last year as a junior. I don't really get the hype here.

RB
D'andre Swift, Georgia - versatile RB with good size, expected to test very well. Should be a solid receiver and 3 down back

Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin - a crazy amount of production in college and a crazy amount of carries/touches. 3 yr starter but issues with fumbles and questions about receiving ability

JK Dobbins, Ohio State - Good speed and acceleration. Involved in OSU offense for 3 years. Should be a solid receiver in the pros.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire - short and stocky. Reminds me of MJD. Physical, agile, and a good receiver. Size and combine testing might be questions/interesting

Cam Akers, Florida State - 5 star prospect out of high school who produced well for 3 years in a terrible situation at FSU behind a bad line. Expected to test really well at the combine. Pass pro seems pretty meh.

Zack Moss, Utah - breaks a lot of tackles and has solid balance and production throughout his career. Questions about receiving ability and athleticism.

WR
Jerry Juedy, Alabama - elite route runner with excellent athleticism. Probably the most hyped WR prospect since 2014 or 2015. Was helped in college by Tua and a loaded WR group around him.

Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma - some prefer Lamb to Juedy (I'm undecided for now) but Lamb seems to be less of a route runner and more of a physical win at the catch point receiver

Jalen Reagor, TCU - getting a lot of hype lately. Expected to test really well at the combine. I don't know much else.

Henry Ruggs, Alabama - dangerous speed weapon and route runner. Again aided by Tua and other Bama WRs.

Tee Higgins, Clemson - big physical wide receiver. Clemson has had some solid receivers before.

Laviska Shenault, Colorado - I've heard people talking about him for 2 years now but I'm not to familiar with him. Sounds like an all around playmaker/offensive weapon.

KJ Hamler, Penn State - undersized but electric playmaker, with great speed and ball tracking.

Ok there are plenty of guys I've forgotten or left off but that's a start. Any favorites out there? Sleepers I overlooked? Favorite potential landing spots?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody digging into the rookies yet?

Some key members of the class ended up staying in school but I think it's overall still a stronger than average group.

QB
Joe Burrow, LSU - pretty much a lock to go #1 to Cincy. Crazy accuracy and pocket presence. I think Burrow's the best QB prospect since Luck and RG3.

Tua Tugavailoa, Alabama - the expected first pick before Burrows crazy season and a bad hip injury. He's had ankle injuries as well but sounds like he should be healthy by the draft. Could be an elite prospect at a "discount"

Justin Herbert, Oregon - Tall and mobile with a cannon but not much else here imo. I think somebody's gonna reach for him and regret it.

Jake Fromm, Georgia - 3yr starter in the SEC, but I'm not sold he's much as a player. Issues with accuracy.

Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma - has the championship experience and mobility but does he have the arm? I think he might be a better passer than he gets credit for

Jordan Love, Utah State - high upside small school prospect. Had a great sophomore season but threw 17 Ints last year as a junior. I don't really get the hype here.

RB
D'andre Swift, Georgia - versatile RB with good size, expected to test very well. Should be a solid receiver and 3 down back

Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin - a crazy amount of production in college and a crazy amount of carries/touches. 3 yr starter but issues with fumbles and questions about receiving ability

JK Dobbins, Ohio State - Good speed and acceleration. Involved in OSU offense for 3 years. Should be a solid receiver in the pros.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire - short and stocky. Reminds me of MJD. Physical, agile, and a good receiver. Size and combine testing might be questions/interesting

Cam Akers, Florida State - 5 star prospect out of high school who produced well for 3 years in a terrible situation at FSU behind a bad line. Expected to test really well at the combine. Pass pro seems pretty meh.

Zack Moss, Utah - breaks a lot of tackles and has solid balance and production throughout his career. Questions about receiving ability and athleticism.

WR
Jerry Juedy, Alabama - elite route runner with excellent athleticism. Probably the most hyped WR prospect since 2014 or 2015. Was helped in college by Tua and a loaded WR group around him.

Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma - some prefer Lamb to Juedy (I'm undecided for now) but Lamb seems to be less of a route runner and more of a physical win at the catch point receiver

Jalen Reagor, TCU - getting a lot of hype lately. Expected to test really well at the combine. I don't know much else.

Henry Ruggs, Alabama - dangerous speed weapon and route runner. Again aided by Tua and other Bama WRs.

Tee Higgins, Clemson - big physical wide receiver. Clemson has had some solid receivers before.

Laviska Shenault, Colorado - I've heard people talking about him for 2 years now but I'm not to familiar with him. Sounds like an all around playmaker/offensive weapon.

KJ Hamler, Penn State - undersized but electric playmaker, with great speed and ball tracking.

Ok there are plenty of guys I've forgotten or left off but that's a start. Any favorites out there? Sleepers I overlooked? Favorite potential landing spots?
I'm relatively with most that you said. There's CRAZY DEPTH at wide receiver and Rb imho Denzel mims and kJ hill are names to Watch also the wr whose name I can't remember from Texas.

Where I disagree is burrow. He may be all that and more. But dude is a one year wonder. He wasn't it at osu, and he wasn't it last year. His play this year was like nothing ever seen before. He's also 23.

there are questions imho. He may have peaked...he may not of. He may regress. He may kill the league. But one year guys with that kinda jump r scary

I really hate that someone else is on Zach moss bc I don't see him going too 3 rounds due to durability but he's a horse. Loves contact too much but wowowowowo I love him. LSU Rb might be my second favorite

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to watch much "film" on this crop, so thus far just going off the reports, and highlight reels which make everyone look like a star. But I'd have to agree that any dynasty team in need of a WR should have no problems finding one that will produce. RB, I'm not entirely sold on, some look great, some look good, some look too good to be real, and a high percentage of thier odds of being anything great rely a lot on where they end up and what systems they enter into. Doesn't make me excited in the least if Swift (Or Dobbins, or Taylor, or anyone else) ends up in SF, only slightly intrigued if he goes to Miami, but KC, Houston, Baltimore, TB?? Yeah, sign me up.

QB's? Dear lord help us. Couple years ago we were supposed to have the "new class of 1986", with Baker, the Josh's, and Lamar, that's been a mixed bag to say the least, and I'm not ready to call any of them any type of sure thing yet. Sure as hell ain't gonna tout, nor condemn any of the 4-5 dudes who could go first round this year. I do think its somewhat telling that all of the " respectable" mock drafts out there can't get any type of consensus after Burrow and Tua though, and some can't even peg them as the no brainer top two to go. Seen everyone from Fromm to Herbert, to Love being the third guy. Hell even Season is getting a little love.
Still far too much to see out of these guys, workouts, combine, interviews, not to mention, they might end up with a POS coach that can't design a way for them to succeed.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have fallen for Dobbins the guy has great vision and burst plus some moves i know most probably have Swift, Taylor, Lamb, and maybe Jeudy above him, but if i had a number 1 pick and i had to make it right now he's my guy. Its a great year to be picking in the middle i think Ruggs, Raegor, Akers, and CEH would be top 5 in lesser draft classes.

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let you guys know who I like in the summer, AFTER dynasty drafts!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbins was my fav RB coming into the season, I'd say Taylor and Swift have at least joined him. Couple others, including CEH, and Moss are certainly intriguing too

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm relatively with most that you said. There's CRAZY DEPTH at wide receiver and Rb imho Denzel mims and kJ hill are names to Watch also the wr whose name I can't remember from Texas.

Where I disagree is burrow. He may be all that and more. But dude is a one year wonder. He wasn't it at osu, and he wasn't it last year. His play this year was like nothing ever seen before. He's also 23.

there are questions imho. He may have peaked...he may not of. He may regress. He may kill the league. But one year guys with that kinda jump r scary

I really hate that someone else is on Zach moss bc I don't see him going too 3 rounds due to durability but he's a horse. Loves contact too much but wowowowowo I love him. LSU Rb might be my second favorite

Yeah there were too many guys at WR to list lol.

I agree the one year wonder thing is probably my biggest concern with burrow. The age doesn't bother me just cause he's a QB. I think if he wasn't so polished the 1 year wonder bit would worry me more too.

Agree on Moss he's really impressive. I think if you did a "blind" film test of the RBs where you don't know who's projected where or anybodys school or stats, he'd come out ahead of some of the bigger names.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to watch much "film" on this crop, so thus far just going off the reports, and highlight reels which make everyone look like a star. But I'd have to agree that any dynasty team in need of a WR should have no problems finding one that will produce. RB, I'm not entirely sold on, some look great, some look good, some look too good to be real, and a high percentage of thier odds of being anything great rely a lot on where they end up and what systems they enter into. Doesn't make me excited in the least if Swift (Or Dobbins, or Taylor, or anyone else) ends up in SF, only slightly intrigued if he goes to Miami, but KC, Houston, Baltimore, TB?? Yeah, sign me up.

QB's? Dear lord help us. Couple years ago we were supposed to have the "new class of 1986", with Baker, the Josh's, and Lamar, that's been a mixed bag to say the least, and I'm not ready to call any of them any type of sure thing yet. Sure as hell ain't gonna tout, nor condemn any of the 4-5 dudes who could go first round this year. I do think its somewhat telling that all of the " respectable" mock drafts out there can't get any type of consensus after Burrow and Tua though, and some can't even peg them as the no brainer top two to go. Seen everyone from Fromm to Herbert, to Love being the third guy. Hell even Season is getting a little love.
Still far too much to see out of these guys, workouts, combine, interviews, not to mention, they might end up with a POS coach that can't design a way for them to succeed.

Landing spot will be big for sure although it can change quickly - Tennessee looked terrible for AJ brown last year. And the good news is there are some awesome potential landing spots like the ones you mentioned.

Yeah looking back on that class Lamar is the only one I have any confidence in. Baker I'm hopeful for but we'l see. I definitely think this year is a 2 QB class. I could see taking a flyer on the rest but definitely not in the first round for me.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have fallen for Dobbins the guy has great vision and burst plus some moves i know most probably have Swift, Taylor, Lamb, and maybe Jeudy above him, but if i had a number 1 pick and i had to make it right now he's my guy. Its a great year to be picking in the middle i think Ruggs, Raegor, Akers, and CEH would be top 5 in lesser draft classes.

I go back and forth on who's at the top for me but Dobbins is definitely up there. Landing spots will be super interesting.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbins was my fav RB coming into the season, I'd say Taylor and Swift have at least joined him. Couple others, including CEH, and Moss are certainly intriguing too

Definitely feels like a big drop after them + Akers for now. Losing Etienne, Hubbard, and Najee Harris really hurt but there's still plenty of talent - and hey more guys for next year! Lol

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely feels like a big drop after them + Akers for now. Losing Etienne, Hubbard, and Najee Harris really hurt but there's still plenty of talent - and hey more guys for next year! Lol
I'm actually higher on the 2021 RB class already. .... for this yr (and most every yr) where they go will certainly be a huge factor. Liked your thoughts on AJ - - I stayed away from him for that very reason. ...
:gaah:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When thinking about those RB's, let's not forget, Melvin Gordon, L. Miller, Carlos Hyde, K. Hunt, and K. Drake are all UFA's this year, Henry too although the chances of him leaving Tenn. are near zero. And other than the Texans, them going elsewhere doesn't exactly leave a big hole on their current teams, but definitely could fill one of the previous few openings out there. And entirely possible L. Bell gets traded too, which opens up the Jets, but might close a premo spot like Houston , TB, or KC.. its entirely possibly only one or two of this incoming RB class ends up on a team that immediately plugs them in.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent even made my list yet. Usually by now I have position lists. Financial Accounting sucks and is wasting my FF time

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When thinking about those RB's, let's not forget, Melvin Gordon, L. Miller, Carlos Hyde, K. Hunt, and K. Drake are all UFA's this year, Henry too although the chances of him leaving Tenn. are near zero. And other than the Texans, them going elsewhere doesn't exactly leave a big hole on their current teams, but definitely could fill one of the previous few openings out there. And entirely possible L. Bell gets traded too, which opens up the Jets, but might close a premo spot like Houston , TB, or KC.. its entirely possibly only one or two of this incoming RB class ends up on a team that immediately plugs them in.
Excellent point. .... as we saw last yr, FA moves can certainly change the landscape dramatically. ....