• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rating of 1-10

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest, how good are you feeling about the team this year so far.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egh...... About the only thing I've liked is Pettidrops getting a deal. And Im all by my lonesome on that one. Caldwell was a "Oh Fuck'" hiring. Tapp is depth at best. Willie Young was prolly my favorite Lion. Unless we're counting Delmas, who's not making shit down in The RatNest. I fucking hate Golden Tate and his faggotry. We didn't sign a corner. Lost Hill. Hired a pedder ass to coach FloppsieMoppsie. Didn't re-up Fairley, who's a dirty bastard and I love it. Haven't resigned Suh.... I'll give 'em a 3. And we might bring Orlovsky back. He doesn't matter, I'll stay at three and hope the house busts. I guess.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayhew had been shit canned along with every coach HE HIRED, 8 would have been as low as I could go. But the old man expired too late for that. Loyal to a fault, God rest his soul.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stay at three and hope the house busts

Not sure the Lions can rely on the house busting again. That is basically what the NFC North did last year, with Rodgers and Cutler missing extended periods of time, coupled with Detroit having one of the easiest schedules in football. We didn't fare very well though.

Rating the Lions team going into the year:

I would give the offense a 7, with the possibility of being as high as a 9, if the offensive line continues to improve and Detroit can run the ball consistently. The return the entire unit and added another WR to complement Calvin Johnson. Golden Tate should benefit nicely from softer coverages and give Stafford a sure handed target to rely on.

I would give the defense a 4. We lost Delmas, who I know most didn't like, but I did and replaced him with Ihedbigo, who only has one full season in the NFL and is 30. If he plays like he did last year, it shouldn't matter much on losing Delmas, but when the team who he played for let him walk for the amount he is playing for the Lions -- it is a red flag in my eyes. Only other additions are guys who may or may not even make the team. Levy had a career year in 2013 and hopefully it is what we will see going forward, but the interception totals will drop and turnovers are the one thing this defense needs to start being more consistent with. CB's are still the same we had. I like Slay and he has shown the most promise out of the guys we have drafted, but it is still a weakness on the team.

The draft could help the defense out tremendously, but we shall see how that all works out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at about a 4.

I look at this team and I see the same blue print Matt Millen was using in the early 2000's. I'm repulsed by the Fairely news, nervous about the Suh news, and afraid they will go offense again in round 1.

I just strongly feel like the Lions will be unable to take the next step with Mayhew at the top. I'm usually pretty optimistic about the Lions, but I'm just not seeing it anymore with a lot of these moves.

With all that said, I'm excited for a fresh start. I was over Schwartz 2 seasons ago.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I disagree with your assessment are you going to choke me with one hand? I am pretty scared.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I disagree with your assessment are you going to choke me with one hand? I am pretty scared.

For disagreeing with me? Of course not.

pussies plain and simple.

you are the biggest Bitch on these boards. You are a Bitch and a pussy and ignorant.

shut your pussy ass mouth up.

pussy...Because you are a Bitch. You don't like being called a Bitch then back up your fake ass threats.

This? Ya I'll stand up to you, bully.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 5 to 6. The draft will make a big difference though. Tate and Pettigrew were necessary. Tate especially because he is one of the few players that can routinely catch Staffs horrific spirals. Idebehgo was a decent pickup as it filled a hole for now. I liked we signed a fullback and will be more committed to evening out the play calling somewhat. It will still be a bit more pass and should be since we have the best WR in the NFL, but not as lopsided.

I agree they didn't handle the Fairly contract correctly. Should have picked up the last year and worked out a deal during the year based on how he played and what happens with Suh. he will most likely be gone next year unless Suh takes off and we over pay Fairly. I don't think we will be able to keep both.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today, just a 5. And that's being an optimist.

1) The coaching change was needed but doesn't feel like an upgrade.

2) Off season moves have yielded some promise for the Offensive, but a lot of questions for the Defense.

3) Special Teams are a big question mark still.

4) Previous drafts haven't instilled much confidence beyond getting the first pick to be a player who contributes. How much of that was the front office and how much the now departed coaching staff is yet to be seen.

There are too many questions to be more positive today. Ask me again after the draft, then again after pre-season. It'd be great to see that number trend upwards, but then again, maybe that's just the optimist in me.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For disagreeing with me? Of course not.

This? Ya I'll stand up to you, bully.

id like to reply but either you'll threaten to drown me again or go tell on me for being mean to you and hurting your pussy ass feelings. Its ok you big baby. The mods will protect you now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the road. I will go 5. Not very impressed in FA moves.

I do like the Tate signing, just not $$$.

Caldwell will be wait see before I can say he is the man for the job. Bringing discipline is great. He has no track record of winning teams which is scary. Many knock Mayhew for no Wiz.

OC and DC I actually like. Even though guys have no expierence in said positions. Gunther types are set in there ways. These guys will be fighting to show one day they can become a HC. New flavors mixed in from mindset of winning teams.

Suh not being resigned as of yet is huge downer. Fairley saga with no option puzzles me. Seems a money move for next year. Does it mean young DT in draft? No DT in draft would make me scratch my head more over this move.

With Lewand and Mayhew around my number may never go above 7.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(5) I'm going middle of the road.

1. New coaches, schemes etc.
2. OL played above expectations last year. Hope they don't regress but wouldn't be totally surprised
3. Stafford. Hope having Tate, plus coaches getting him straightened out and on the right path
4. If any injury came up on the OL as an extended period, I'd be scared as hell with the depth
5. Fairley, J. Jones coming back from injury. Martin and Fluellen as backups not much 2 be desired
6. DB's as a whole. Too much concern there for me all the way around, minus Quin

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost a positive outlook from you... I figured you would be (-10)

Tate saved it from being a 0.

But the score reflects how I feel about the free-agency period moreso than how I feel about the team overall. That score would probably be 4 on the hope that a new staff may be able to get more out of this group.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate saved it from being a 0.

But the score reflects how I feel about the free-agency period moreso than how I feel about the team overall. That score would probably be 4 on the hope that a new staff may be able to get more out of this group.

Same reason I gave them a 3 instead of a two. (Minus that Tate business)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today? 6

Hoping for defensive playmakers in the draft.

Hope we get Suh resigned at a reasonable number.

I hope Fairley steps his work ethic up and wants to stay.

I hope Stafford takes that next step that I feel he is capable of.

A lot of hope there so maybe a 5.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homer-Glasses.jpg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him a solid 4.

Would of been higher had the coach we hired didn't have a creepy little mustache.