• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate your team draft this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brett Favre would creepily text a picture of the 49ers' grade to a reporter. :(

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Pats draft. Yesterday I gave them a B-. Today after reading more I'll give them a solid B.

The only reason I didn't grade them higher is that Jordan Richards in the 2nd was a reach I felt. BB obviously felt different and must've thought someone else would get him? I have to believe BB has big plans for him maybe not this year but in the next couple years.

Also Joe Cardona from Navy in the 5th. A sentimental choice for me due to his military service. Which he may have to serve his obligation first? Otherwise the # 1 LS is 5th round a stretch? Maybe just slightly. Pats had plenty of picks and they have about 10 again next year.

Liked the other picks especially Brown at 32. Can you stay STEAL?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There were reports that 49ers DE Arik Armstead played with an ankle injury last year. That's the one thing that could make me dead wrong about him being a "meh" player at 17 overall. I wasn't impressed with his play this year, but if he was injured that might explain what I saw.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going A on this one, it looks to be the best over all since Ray and JO in 96 to me...
Again I'm no college authority, but looking at the scout ratings and according to the combine grades, we hit it out of the park.....
Perriman gives us the speed back at wr we lost with Torrey, and Maxx Williams was my top wish in this draft, can someone say Todd Heap all over again !!
Addressed our most urgent needs and depth for the future....
Check out the Redwoods on this guard we picked up in the 5th, Robert Myers
tempAP410096097492--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

He might be a little hard to push around, you think !! :D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B- or C+

Incredibly lucky to have Dupree fall into our lap. But they pulled a couple questionable picks in the 2nd & 3rd. Steelers brass are confident in Senquez Golson, but I think he could have been taken in he 3rd. Early trigger for sure. Then they took Sammie Coates in the 3rd. Not sure why they needed a WR that early when they had other needs far greater than that. Glad they double dipped at CB by takin Grant in the 4th. Good TE pickup in the 5th with James. Solid D-line depth in Walton, and glad they pulled more depth in at OLB by taking Chickillo. He'll be a good project for Joey Porter. Holliman in the 7th was good. Would have rather taken Drummond, but either one is a ball hawk.

Overall they boosted their defense like we expected. Still some curious picks, but in Colbert We Trust!

I'm saying solid B...agree on Golson, maybe they'd lost other CBs and decided not to lose this one...Coates, WR is crowded, but I like the talent...could be a 8-10 TD guy, like Bryant if used right.

Overall they hit all the needs and they bolstered the OLB depth...I'm always going to want the 6-1' CB that can play on the edge, but I think Golson and Grant will make nickle & dime pkgs stronger...very curious to see how James and Holliman look in camp.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what the Vikes did. Our defense is gonna be scary good at some point in the very near future, love the added depth they went after on the O-line...

I'd say a solid A-/B+

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Schneider spent many years in the Packers organization as a scout under Ted Thompson and is one of the brightest and best GM's in the NFL. Pete Carroll is very fortunate to have him as his personnel director.
And John is very fortunate to have Pete as a HC and front man of the franchise. Make no mistake, Pete runs the show and has veto status over all things, but they seem to see eye to eye on almost everything.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And John is very fortunate to have Pete as a HC and front man of the franchise. Make no mistake, Pete runs the show and has veto status over all things, but they seem to see eye to eye on almost everything.
Don't be so naive to think Carroll would get to two Super Bowls without Schneider selecting the talent.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so naive to think Carroll would get to two Super Bowls without Schneider selecting the talent.
Hard to say isn't it? They do go hand in hand, but Pete has the final word. It's a real blessing for the coach and GM to be so in sync together. Rarely happens.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say isn't it? They do go hand in hand, but Pete has the final word. It's a real blessing for the coach and GM to be so in sync together. Rarely happens.
You are right concerning the coach/GM relationship. The Packers are another team where the coach and GM are in sync with each other.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Joe Cardona from Navy in the 5th. A sentimental choice for me due to his military service. Which he may have to serve his obligation first?
This one will be interesting because several years back the Lions drafted Caleb Campbell out of Army. The Army came out and said they would allow him to play with the Lions during the season and then fulfill his commitment in other ways (such as recruiting) in the off-season, then later reversed course and said he would not be allowed to do it. The SecDef is the one who told the Army they couldn't allow the cadet to avoid his active duty commitment to play NFL, so it's going to be very interesting to see how this one works out with the Navy player.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The places the Packers had needs they picked people to fill with defensive backs and a linebacker.

They picked up a few for the return game which should help the pathetic special teams. The other players are just depth

Just have to trust Ted found good football players that can be developed

Grade B

^^^^^
this

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the Patriots an A for getting the guys that we need to fill out the plan,
They get a B- for reaching on a few of them.....

They typically fall in the C+ - B- grade every year. Wish they picked up a few more o-line guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no way a HC or even a GM can know all of these players...you must have the ground troops be in sync with the system also and that seems to be the case in SEA.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Browns drafted well throughout. I'd give their class an A to B+. Beefed up their lines with their first 2 picks and nabbed quality guys thereafter who all have a pretty good shot at helping the team immediately.

Their best pick of the draft came in the 7th round with Ifo Ekpre Olomu. The best CB at Oregon for the past few years, 2 time all PAC defender that slid to them due to the knee injury he suffered in December. He is going to be a stash pick this year, but once he rehabs I think he will be a regular in the secondary (which is shaping up to be pretty good) for Cleveland.

Only real knocks I had on Cleveland was that they were unable to land a WR. They did the smart thing and stood pat in the first round tho. The best WRs were already off the table by the time their #19 pick came around, so I'm not too upset about it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going A on this one, it looks to be the best over all since Ray and JO in 96 to me...
Again I'm no college authority, but looking at the scout ratings and according to the combine grades, we hit it out of the park.....
Perriman gives us the speed back at wr we lost with Torrey, and Maxx Williams was my top wish in this draft, can someone say Todd Heap all over again !!
Addressed our most urgent needs and depth for the future....
Check out the Redwoods on this guard we picked up in the 5th, Robert Myers

He might be a little hard to push around, you think !! :D
Those aren't redwoods - those are getaway sticks.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Browns drafted well throughout. I'd give their class an A to B+. Beefed up their lines with their first 2 picks and nabbed quality guys thereafter who all have a pretty good shot at helping the team immediately.

Their best pick of the draft came in the 7th round with Ifo Ekpre Olomu. The best CB at Oregon for the past few years, 2 time all PAC defender that slid to them due to the knee injury he suffered in December. He is going to be a stash pick this year, but once he rehabs I think he will be a regular in the secondary (which is shaping up to be pretty good) for Cleveland.

Only real knocks I had on Cleveland was that they were unable to land a WR. They did the smart thing and stood pat in the first round tho. The best WRs were already off the table by the time their #19 pick came around, so I'm not too upset about it.
Jaelen Thompson was available.