• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate your team draft this year.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i give the Jets a C

And it is only that high because they were able to get the Best player in the draft...

I hated every pick after... I hate that they did not draft an OL(until the 5th round) or RB... A team with a questionable QB NEEDS a good run game and Ivory and Riddley are just not good enough...

I was upset with the Williams pick, but i understood that sometimes you just can't pass on a gift...

Can't believe Williams fell into your lap and agree he wasn't a need for your team but great pick by taking him. I like the Jets Devin Smith and Bryce Petty pick. Only having 6 picks sucked when you have some needs but overall I think the Jets draft was a C. 3 good players and 3 so/so players.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Eagles did overall, no real head scratches except maybe for the 7th rounder, but wtf it's a 7th rounder. Solid draft, should turn out some solid players. I'm really excited about this defense and our skill positions on offense. If Bradford or Sanchez can't succeed with this supporting cast I'm not sure they will ever be good enough to be the guy.

This defense has the potential to be top 5 in the NFL, but there are some questions so I would not guarantee it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A- Bears draft, really liked the fist 3 picks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy with what we got in the draft this year. Jimmy Graham is part of this equation so when factoring him in with our other selections, I am stoked and expect to see lots of these picks get coached UP.

A-/B+

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give this draft a Solid B for the Broncos. This is probably my favorite draft of theirs since Elway took over other than his 1st year where that draft netted us some major starters. That one was a little easier though being able to pick at the top of every round instead of at the end like this one.

Shane Ray--A+ It has been funny reading reviews of this pick because I have seen grades from A+ clear to D+. None of them question the talent. Almost all say talent wise he is easily top-10 just a matter of how you look at the off the field issues. For me I think he can overcome them and is coming to a good locker room with DeMarcus Ware who helped get Von Miller back on the right path.

Ty Sambrailo--B OL depth is always good

Jeff Hueurman--B Foot injury really hurt him this past year. Talent wise could be best TE in the draft.

Max Garcia--A Maybe my favorite pick of the Broncos

Lorenzo Doss--B He is a scrappy kid that knows how to get turnovers

Darius Kilgo--D Big time project that most likely is heading to the PS

Trevor Siemian--D Camp body at best

Taurean Nixon--D Camp Body

Josh Furman--B I think this is the one late round guy that stands a chance to make the roster

Overall drafts are just too hard to tell. With the Broncos they could be a big time A as the first 4 guys could easily become starters and quality starters. Or Shane Ray could get busted again and suspended or Hueurman's foot injury could become something that just doesn't go away. Ty could see his lack of functional strength never quite get fixed and really struggle with holding his ground. I can see the negatives and the positives in all of them.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F minus minus minus minus
.05 out of 100

Every person they drafted will be lucky if they play 10% of the snaps on their side of the ball. We need contributors now not 2-3 years from now if at all. 9 TEs on a team is overkill and same with having 3 kickers.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The places the Packers had needs they picked people to fill with defensive backs and a linebacker.

They picked up a few for the return game which should help the pathetic special teams. The other players are just depth

Just have to trust Ted found good football players that can be developed

Grade B

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start it off by saying I give the Seahawks a A+, a homer grade for sure, but this year I really like the way it went. A pass rusher for depth, some thing lacking from last year. A WR who will immediately be a ST stud and help the receiver corp. Then two OL that are really needed. After the first 4, I'm in a wait and see mode. However pretty happy overall. 4 players that will make contribution in 2015 is pretty impressive for a team that went to the SB last year.

I am not one to know much about the talent of individual college players I dont follow it that much. We have all these Mock drafts done by all the experts and how many are even close. There is always so many variables each team has when picking their players. All the experts have different thoughts on how they rank or grade the draft after.

The only way to really tell is to wait and see them play and see how they develop.

I read through all the grades from a link on the NFL home page and thy gave your round one an A+ but then said a few other pics could have been better:

Seattle Seahawks
Draft pick: DE Frank Clark (No. 63 overall), WR Tyler Lockett (No. 69 overall), OL Terry Poole (No. 130 overall), OL Mark Glowsinki (No. 134 overall), CB Tye Smith (No. 170 overall), DE Obum Gwacham (No. 209 overall), DT Kristjan Sokoli (No 214 overall), S Ryan Murphy (No. 248 overall)
Day 1 grade: N/A
Day 2 grade: D
Day 3 grade: C
Overall grade: C-
The skinny: The Seahawks don't get a Day 1 grade because they didn't have a first-round pick, but their grade would be an A+, considering they turned the second-to-last pick in the first round into a Pro Bowl tight end/receiver in Jimmy Graham. Yes, the price was high, but Graham is a proven commodity who can help get this team another ring. Frank Clark had a ton of character concerns entering the draft, and getting him in the second round was a massive reach. The team managed an average Day 2 grade, however, because the selection of Lockett was a home run.

Bottom line: Moving up to get Lockett was a big win. Otherwise, the team's braintrust reached on almost all of its picks as the Seahawks look to restock the back end of the roster. There are a lot of athletes in this class, and maybe some will pan out, but they're betting a lot on coaching up raw talent.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Schneider spent many years in the Packers organization as a scout under Ted Thompson and is one of the brightest and best GM's in the NFL. Pete Carroll is very fortunate to have him as his personnel director.

True... John is a good ... He was a big part of that Packers title team if I remember correctly...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... Pete and John have been awesome finding that balance... But we needed O-line and D-line help and their was just no way of getting around it... especially our O-line losing Unger and Carpenter ...

Think the loss of both of them was overstated. Unger was out like 12 games the past two years and his replacement thus has plenty of experience there. Carpenter was a massive disappointment. Always showing up overweight and now being grossly overpaid with the Jets. Buh bye.

We couldn't afford to overpay any of the FAs which was fine. We landed 3 promising Oline prospects today. You only bring 7 Olineman per game day. Baring an injury apocalypse, we should be good for 2015.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one to know much about the talent of individual college players I dont follow it that much. We have all these Mock drafts done by all the experts and how many are even close. There is always so many variables each team has when picking their players. All the experts have different thoughts on how they rank or grade the draft after.

The only way to really tell is to wait and see them play and see how they develop.

I read through all the grades from a link on the NFL home page and thy gave your round one an A+ but then said a few other pics could have been better:

Seattle Seahawks
Draft pick: DE Frank Clark (No. 63 overall), WR Tyler Lockett (No. 69 overall), OL Terry Poole (No. 130 overall), OL Mark Glowsinki (No. 134 overall), CB Tye Smith (No. 170 overall), DE Obum Gwacham (No. 209 overall), DT Kristjan Sokoli (No 214 overall), S Ryan Murphy (No. 248 overall)
Day 1 grade: N/A
Day 2 grade: D
Day 3 grade: C
Overall grade: C-
The skinny: The Seahawks don't get a Day 1 grade because they didn't have a first-round pick, but their grade would be an A+, considering they turned the second-to-last pick in the first round into a Pro Bowl tight end/receiver in Jimmy Graham. Yes, the price was high, but Graham is a proven commodity who can help get this team another ring. Frank Clark had a ton of character concerns entering the draft, and getting him in the second round was a massive reach. The team managed an average Day 2 grade, however, because the selection of Lockett was a home run.

Bottom line: Moving up to get Lockett was a big win. Otherwise, the team's braintrust reached on almost all of its picks as the Seahawks look to restock the back end of the roster. There are a lot of athletes in this class, and maybe some will pan out, but they're betting a lot on coaching up raw talent.

I'm sure you could find all kinds of grades on the draft. Kipper gave the Seahawks a A-, which kind of surprised me.

P. Prisco give the Seahawks good grades thru out the draft.

Went to NFL.com they gave the Seahawks a B-

I think Seahawks fans are excited with how the draft went, which isn't the norm as the Seahawks have a unusual drafting method.

Of course the play on the field will tell the real story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you could find all kinds of grades on the draft. Kipper gave the Seahawks a A-, which kind of surprised me.

P. Prisco give the Seahawks good grades thru out the draft.

Went to NFL.com they gave the Seahawks a B-

I think Seahawks fans are excited with how the draft went, which isn't the norm as the Seahawks have a unusual drafting method.

Of course the play on the field will tell the real story.

Seems how it goes for most teams. Every analyst has their favorite players and this year especially seemed to have some very polarizing ideas on prospects. Such as for the Broncos I heard one analyst say the Broncos got the steal of the 1st round with Shane Ray where I saw others give the Broncos a D+ for the pick because it wasn't as big of a need as the OL and because of the character concerns. I saw Bronco fans reacting all over the board with these picks as most of them loved the Shane Ray pick but hated the next two while the analyst seemed to give us high marks for the next two.

At this point it is just a bunch of opinions that in the end mean jack squat and until these players show up on the field we have no clue what they can do. Some guys look great in college and just can't hack it in the NFL while others come out of nowhere to become an NFL star. This is why I usually give the Broncos a Solid B after most drafts in I can see the upside with every pick and I can see the potential pitfalls of each pick. Just depends how you choose to look at it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Cardinals

1(24) - OL - D.J. Humphries A+
2(58) - DE - Markus Golden B-
3(86) - RB - David Johnson B+
4(116) - OL - Rodney Gunter C
5(158) - DE/LB - Shaquille Riddick B+
5(159) - WR - J.J. Nelson B
7(256) - TE - Gerald Christian B+

Overall: B+

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I like most about what Seattle did is that all of the first 4 picks should have a solid chance to be contributors right away or at some point in the season. Even if only 2 of them end up being "good" players then that's a success when you add it to what we got in Graham with the 1.31.

What I didn't like was an early pick on a WR when the OL was in such need of talent infusion. Maybe they didn't like the linemen that were available then or didn't think the value was there, so I guess we'll see if their judgment holds. If they were gonna go WR, I'm glad it was someone who can jump start the return game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

Passed on both Grady Jarrett and Jake Ryan. Would have gotten a B+ had they snagged either one. Liked the first two picks. I'm interested to see how much say (if any) our DC had when taking the DT and CB.

I thought the Packers had the best draft in the Black and Blue. Quentin Rollins was a player I was really high on.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this is about as good as I could have hoped for the Falcons. Got help big time on the DL and secondary, scored our starting RB and to top it off added the all time leading receiver in CFB history for some depth. Only thing we didn't get was OL help. I'd go A-
After watching a some highlights on who we drafted I'm pretty impressed with Akeem King and Justin Hardy. King may need some time but I can see him being a starter soon. With a few more pounds on him he could be a rangey safety. Apparently Justin Hardy is a big fan of making one handed catches. He doesn't have blazing speed but if he can fine tune his route running having sure hands is exactly what we need out of the slot on 3rd down. I was kind of shocked we took Coleman because he fits the same kind of mold the rest of our RBs come from. His running style reminds me of Jamaal Charles but it seems questionable how much effort he gives after being hit between the tackles. IMO Indiana had a pretty good run blocking line and created a lot of space he won't get with the Falcons. I think the most impressive thing about him is his vision and we'll see him returning punts at some point if he doesn't win the starting RB spot over Freeman.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*snip*

There are a lot of athletes in this class, and maybe some will pan out, but they're betting a lot on coaching up raw talent.

When your NFC Championship team started two fourth rounders, two fifths, a six, a seventh, and three UDFAs...I'll take that bet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have needed oline for awhile.

A could of years ago the Rams looked really, really hard at drafting DJ Fluker. Instead they signed Jake Long and drafted Tavon Austin. They also took Alec Ogletree over Larry Warford and couldn't take Warford in rd2 because they traded up to get Austin.

The Rams were basically put in a position last draft where they had Khalil Mack as the top player on their board and took Greg Robinson instead. They couldnt do the same thing twice so they took Aaron Donald instead of Zack Martin who they also coveted.

So entering this draft they only had 2 starting level offensive linemen and thats under the assumption that Robinson gets better and Saffold stays healthy. They obviously wanted Scherff and Flowers but not nearly enough to trade up for them. I'm guessing their original thought was to take Flowers at 10 and DGB in rd 2 and other teams picked those guys right before them. I don't think Fisher thought twice about Gurley, though, because Fisher likes to run the ball and if you've seen the Rams in Fantasy Football then you know that they've had some good but not great guys. Gurley runs like OJ. If he stays healthy then Im pretty confident about that pick. Im okay with Zac Stacy going to a different team. Despite his talents, he has the worst first step in the league so he's only good on a team with a good oline which the Rams currently don't have.

Rob Havenstein, Jamon Brown and Andrew Donnal were oline picks and by most accounts reaches. They are perfect system fits, though, and so as a Rams fan you have to hope that the Rams are pulling a Seattle and just picking guys they need and not guys that the Mel Kipers of the world like.

Sean Mannion is another polarizing pick. Some people had him the 3rd QB and some people think he is terrible.

The rest is depth. One of them might hit right away but I dont think there is an EJ Gaines in the group

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos

I rate the Denver draft a C, which is not very good.

Shane Ray--A, questionable maturity level.

Ty Sambrailo--B Good athlete, big guy, from Colorado, he will play hard. I expect him to be 2nd string this year, and a probably starter by year 3.

Jeff Hueurman--C I watch a lot of the B1G, Hueurman never scared me. But he has the heighth and he can block for Peyton.

Max Garcia--C Best known for being involved in the Gator block on another Gator lineman in a game. Sorry, but they does not impress me. Florida stunk the past few years and the center is supposed to be smart and good, blocking your own teammate and losing tells me enough.

Lorenzo Doss--C I don't think he is tall enough and the wide receivers are getting taller. Giving up six inches every game eventually means you are going to lose a lot of jump balls.

Darius Kilgo--B I like this pick

Trevor Siemian--F I have watched him play the last three years, he is not very good. If he can get drafted, then Tommy Armstrong can get drafted. Not going to happen.

Taurean Nixon--F Really, take the other cornerback from Tulane too? Tulane's offense was really, really bad, but their defense wasn't much better. These two cannot be that good.

Josh Furman--B a very good 7th round draft pick.

1 A 4.0
3 B 9.0
3 C 6.0
2 F 0.0

19/9 = C

I rate the Denver draft a C, which is not very good.