• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rappers Insulting Each Other! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Kendrick Lamar & Drake are saying mean things about each other in "song" and otherwise and for some reason this is considered important news. I'm not a fan though I know who these guys are. But why is this on my TV during the PBS News Hour?

They did several minutes last evening interviewing some sort of "culture analyst" wrt the implications of this feud. That wasn't the first time I've seen reporting on this as if it's supposed to matter (IOW in contexts other than purely entertainment news), just the most troublesome example because it's generally a decent commercial free hour of real news. Paul McCartney & John Lennon had their issues back in the day but I don't recall Walter Croncite ever doing 10 minutes on them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Kendrick Lamar & Drake are saying mean things about each other in "song" and otherwise and for some reason this is considered important news. I'm not a fan though I know who these guys are. But why is this on my TV during the PBS News Hour?

They did several minutes last evening interviewing some sort of "culture analyst" wrt the implications of this feud. That wasn't the first time I've seen reporting on this as if it's supposed to matter (IOW in contexts other than purely entertainment news), just the most troublesome example because it's generally a decent commercial free hour of real news. Paul McCartney & John Lennon had their issues back in the day but I don't recall Walter Croncite ever doing 10 minutes on them.
You forgot to remind the kids to mind where they step…

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to remind the kids to mind where they step…

Lol.. I knew I'd get something like this. Yea, I'm old but entertainment/gossip trivia has been seeping into hard news for decades and this seems like next level absurdity to me.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rappers arguing?! Next thing you'll tell me is there's problems with Jews and Palestinians. Let me know when they write a dis song of this magnitude and I'll take a listen:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figured Kendrick Lamar has notably more 'cred' than Drake but this isnt my wheelhouse at all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. I knew I'd get something like this. Yea, I'm old but entertainment/gossip trivia has been seeping into hard news for decades and this seems like next level absurdity to me.
Oh, trust me. The neighborhood kids know my thoughts on the subject of my lawn and their relationship with it. I was not pointing any fingers that didn’t originate from a place of absolute expertise.

And for the record, I agree with your OP 100% (except the whole PBS part, that is just crazy stupid).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STAY OF WAZY'S LAWN!!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rappers arguing?! Next thing you'll tell me is there's problems with Jews and Palestinians. Let me know when they write a dis song of this magnitude and I'll take a listen:

It’s a case of divide and conquer.

Cuz you let a Jew, break up my crew.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drake is team corporate America. Lamar is erybody else.

I’m not following this beef, but I assume if you’re seeing it covered, that’s how it breaks down.

You see Slim Shady’s death notice in the Free Press this week?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rap is short for crap-gregg allman

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a case of divide and conquer.

Cuz you let a Jew, break up my crew.
Ah yes, scapegoating the Jews. The classics never get old do they?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kanye west is reportedly in a serious mental episode.when the hell was,nt he?