• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking these 20.....

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....QB's down to the top 10

Tom Brady Michigan/Pats
Sammy Baugh TCU.Redskins
Drew Brees Purdue/Saints
Otto Graham Northwestern/Browns
Peyton Manning Tennessee/Colts
John Unitas Louisville/Colts
Aaron Rodgers Cal/Packers
Fran Tarkenton Georgia/Vikings
Brett Favre So. Miss/Packers
Roger Staubach Navy/Cowboys
Russell Wilson Wisconsin/Seahawks
Joe Montana ND/Niners
Big Ben Miami Ohio.Steelers
John Elway Stanford/Broncos
Dan Marino Pitt/Dolphins
Warren Moon Washington/Oilers
Philip Rivers North Carolina/Chargers
Eli Manning Miss/Giants
Terry Bradshaw La. Tech/Steelers
Dan Fouts Oregon/Chargers

Last edited:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are trying too hard. Besides, Andy Dalton has better stats than several that you have listed, where is he at in this discussion?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are trying too hard. Besides, Andy Dalton has better stats than several that you have listed, where is he at in this discussion?

Dude, not trying at all, just talking some football.

Andy Dalton would take the place of who on that list?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the all time TD passes is the best way to truly judge what a qb has done on the field. High passer ratings......the qb may have worked sideline to sideline and not got the ball into the endzone. The most wins can mean the qb had the better defense, the most losses a qb has suffered could mean the qb had no defense or teamates. By judging a qb by touchdown passes, it shows he was able to get the ball into the endzone and at the end of the day, I think that is the most important thing.. Or maybe better yet, they should create a stat, if there isn't one already( Sonny??)that shows how many drives the qb had that ended in a td.......................so 10 td's in 10 drives is greater than 10 td's in 20 drives...... So, i go by this:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the all time TD passes is the best way to truly judge what a qb has done on the field. High passer ratings......the qb may have worked sideline to sideline and not got the ball into the endzone. The most wins can mean the qb had the better defense, the most losses a qb has suffered could mean the qb had no defense or teamates. By judging a qb by touchdown passes, it shows he was able to get the ball into the endzone and at the end of the day, I think that is the most important thing.. Or maybe better yet, they should create a stat, if there isn't one already( Sonny??)that shows how many drives the qb had that ended in a td.......................so 10 td's in 10 drives is greater than 10 td's in 20 drives...... So, i go by this:

So you have Eli Manning better than Joe Montana, really?

So today Montana is better than Russell Wilson, when Wilson throws his 7th TD this season he is now better than Montana?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on my td analogy, Andy would at least take the place of Otto Graham, because he has more TD passes................BUT, if you were to compare the number of drives Otto Graham put together that resulted in a TD, he could very well be ahead of Andy Dalton. This would help to differenciate between the different eras. If Graham had 175 TD passes in say 400 drives and Andy had say over 200 TD passes in over 1000 drives.. Who knows.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on my td analogy, Andy would at least take the place of Otto Graham, because he has more TD passes................BUT, if you were to compare the number of drives Otto Graham put together that resulted in a TD, he could very well be ahead of Andy Dalton. This would help to differenciate between the different eras. If Graham had 175 TD passes in say 400 drives and Andy had say over 200 TD passes in over 1000 drives.. Who knows.

Andy Dalton isn't close to Otto Graham, Graham one of the true legends at QB.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have Eli Manning better than Joe Montana, really?

So today Montana is better than Russell Wilson, when Wilson throws his 7th TD this season he is now better than Montana?
No, for sure not, but if you could compare how many drives Montana put together that resulted in a TD compared to Eli's , IT would probably show that Ei had many, many more opportunities to get the ball into the endzone than Montana.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, for sure not, but if you could compare how many drives Montana put together that resulted in a TD compared to Eli's , IT would probably show that Ei had many, many more opportunities to get the ball into the endzone than Montana.

Who does that, breaking down how many drives?

Joe Montana on a whole other level than Eli Manning.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton isn't close to Otto Graham, Graham one of the true legends at QB.
Your probably right, but Dalton has probably played longer to pass Graham. That is what I am trying to say, if there was a way to compare how many drives a qb put together that resulted in a td, maybe along with years played, you could weed out the Dilfers of the world.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your probably right, but Dalton has probably played longer to pass Graham. That is what I am trying to say, if there was a way to compare how many drives a qb put together that resulted in a td, maybe along with years played, you could weed out the Dilfers of the world.

I think everyone who follows football already weeded out Dilfer long ago.

Look at all pro and pro bowls.

Graham a six time All Pro, nine time pro bowl, I bet Dalton not close to that. Bingo....three pro bowls is it.

Last edited:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does that, breaking down how many drives?

Joe Montana on a whole other level than Eli Manning.
I'm agreeing with you? In a round about way.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Moon
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton
Dan Fouts

Never won a SB, so who puts Eli Manning above that gang because he won two?

Who up there not superior to Terry Bradshaw and Joe Namath?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all relevant especially a superbowl win. Thanks for clarifying.

No not really, was OBVIOUSLY going with where the guy did most their career, you had to be told that, really?

Franco Harris a Seahawk, Tony Dorsett a Bronco, Jerry Rice a Raider...WHO CARES?

You need to relax guy, ok?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really, was OBVIOUSLY going with where the guy did most their career, you had to be told that, really?

Franco Harris a Seahawk, Tony Dorsett a Bronco, Jerry Rice a Raider...WHO CARES?
Oh ok well the superbowl wins dont matter. Got it.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok well the superbowl wins dont matter. Got it.

Yep, SB wins meant everything that is why Brady is a Pat, think before posting, ok?

Pats a ton Bucs 1

Dude now thinking.......blew that all to hell......hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a dumb thing to say, wow!

Curious how he ties to worm out of that DUH!

Last edited:

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, SB wins meant everything that is why Brady is a Pat, think before posting, ok?

Pats a ton Bucs 1

So someone who agrees with your opinion is called a friend. Someone who doesn’t agree with your opinions needs to think. Got it.