• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 124 head coaches

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in b4 "stop quoting me when I didn't say those exact words"

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, well thank you for your well thought out and very convincing rebuttal. I guess with all those facts that you gave me there, you are right. I have been wrong all this time.

"I won't argue that Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, and Mike Leach are ahead of Beamer. They just flat out are ahead of Beamer so the argument is pointless. As for the other coaches you listed, I believe there could be an argument made for them but not a slam dunk like the others."

As opposed to your convincing argument? Where is yours at because I can't see it. You point out that Beamer hasn't won a championship and hasn't done well in big games. Ok but neither have a bunch of the other coaches you put ahead of him. You see in order for Beamer to be "nowhere near the top 10" then you have to have a bunch of coaches in front of him and with good reasons to put them there. You have no good reasons so it has to be that you don't like the fact VT has beaten you the last 2 times out

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I won't argue that Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, and Mike Leach are ahead of Beamer. They just flat out are ahead of Beamer so the argument is pointless. As for the other coaches you listed, I believe there could be an argument made for them but not a slam dunk like the others."

As opposed to your convincing argument? Where is yours at because I can't see it. You point out that Beamer hasn't won a championship and hasn't done well in big games. Ok but neither have a bunch of the other coaches you put ahead of him. You see in order for Beamer to be "nowhere near the top 10" then you have to have a bunch of coaches in front of him and with good reasons to put them there. You have no good reasons so it has to be that you don't like the fact VT has beaten you the last 2 times out

Is there any good reason Beamer should be in the top 10?

And I am just going to pretend I didn't see your last sentence.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is there any good reason Beamer should be in the top 10?

And I am just going to pretend I didn't see your last sentence.

Yeah because there aren't enough better ones out there to put him outside it or at least much outside it

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because there aren't enough better ones out there to put him outside it or at least much outside it

So in your opinion all I have basically used for reasoning that Beamer is not in the top 10 is, because I said so. And I am an idiot for that reasoning. I then tell you to give me good reason he is in the top 10 and you say, because.

That makes perfect sense. Great argument!!!!! You proved me wrong with some great logic. Thank you!!!

Ok, I have changed my mind. Frank Beamer is the 7th best college football coach in the country behind the 6 national title winning coaches. I changed my opinion just because.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are hopeless. You are not giving any reasons why you're putting so many other coaches ahead of him. So don't expect anyone to value your opinion on this subject.

themush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmmm......interim Arky head coach John L. Smith in the top 75??

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will ask you for a second time. What is your reasoning Beamer deserves to be in the top 10?

I can not value your disagreement of my opinion if all you say is, because or uh-uh.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will ask you for a second time. What is your reasoning Beamer deserves to be in the top 10?

I can not value your disagreement of my opinion if all you say is, because or uh-uh.

Nani Nani Boo Boo

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Because I can't come up with many better than him period. What is so hard for you to understand? In order for him to be out of the top 10 there have to be 10 better. You started this crap with "Frank Beamer anywhere near the top 10 is a joke" Your list is a joke full of baseless opinions

Last edited by a moderator:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I can't come up with many better than him period. What is so hard for you to understand? In order for him to be out of the top 10 there have to be 10 better. You started this crap with "Frank Beamer anywhere near the top 10 is a joke" Your list is a joke full of baseless opinions

So because 2 random reporters give their opinion that he is a top 10 coach by saying he has won 7 conference titles this opinion is taken as a fact and not allowed to be challenged but when I give my opinion with numbers that don't constitute a top 10 coaching resume IN MY OPINION I am an idiot?

Just because you say so doesn't make your opinion any more of a fact than my opinion. You have not listed one good reason for him to be in the top 10. I have listed multiple reasons why he shouldn't be. Because you disagree with those reasons doesn't make them baseless. It makes you bias and ignorant because you are incapable of defending your beloved coach.

I may be a blow hard asshole but at least I come with an opinion and don't just say someone is dumb just because.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 Current Crystal Football holders

8. Bill Snyder
9. Chris Petersen

10. Coin Flip

Frank Beamer
Gary Patterson
Bret Bielema

I would personally take Gary Patterson over Frank Beamer if shopping, but Beamer over Bielema.

So I have Beamer 11th

Eliminated (reason)

Kiffin - Tenure
Hoke - Tenure
B Kelly - Tenure
C Kelly - Tenure
Leach - Lack of Consistency
Dantonio- Lack of Consistency
Richt - Lack of Consistency

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 Current Crystal Football holders

8. Bill Snyder
9. Chris Petersen

10. Coin Flip

Frank Beamer
Gary Patterson
Bret Bielema

I would personally take Gary Patterson over Frank Beamer if shopping, but Beamer over Bielema.

So I have Beamer 11th

Eliminated (reason)

Kiffin - Tenure
Hoke - Tenure
B Kelly - Tenure
C Kelly - Tenure
Leach - Lack of Consistency
Dantonio- Lack of Consistency
Richt - Lack of Consistency

I am confused. Is this a fact or an opinion?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA, lack of consistency for Leach? Texas Tech was the most consistent coach in the Big 12. In a far better conference than the Big East or ACC at Texas Tech of all places.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an opinion until I hit the send button.

Now it's a fact sir..

Well thank you for being just about the only one with balls enough to give their fact/opinion rather than just coming on here and saying someone is wrong and then crying about it.

Rep to you sir. :yo:

Or at least I will give you a rep when I can

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA, lack of consistency for Leach? Texas Tech was the most consistent coach in the Big 12. In a far better conference than the Big East or ACC at Texas Tech of all places.

Consistently beating Nebraska perhaps, but

2005 (9-3)
2006 (8-5)
2007 (9-4)
2008 (11-2)
2009 (8-4)

Can't put him higher than Beamer