• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 124 head coaches

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue that Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, and Mike Leach are ahead of Beamer. They just flat out are ahead of Beamer so the argument is pointless. As for the other coaches you listed, I believe there could be an argument made for them but not a slam dunk like the others.

You my friend, are delusional.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamers record vs conferences.

Virginia Tech vs conferences 1992-2011

Tossing out the first 5 years of course.

Only tossing out the first 5 years? Haven't you learned anything from this thread? You have to start any count of wins and losses at the time that they are good. That is how you get a perfect reading. Wait until they are good and then it counts. 8 freaking years.

:yo:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something looks amiss with those stats though. Unless Stassen has already moved the Boise St loss to the Big East.

They should also add the Colonial Athletic Assotiation. :charlie:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You my friend, are delusional.

Oh, well thank you for your well thought out and very convincing rebuttal. I guess with all those facts that you gave me there, you are right. I have been wrong all this time.

It is funny how I have thrown out all this stuff this whole time and the only defense of Beamer has been that he has quality men on his team, no sanctions, brought a program from nothing, and I am delusional. That's it?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something looks amiss with those stats though. Unless Stassen has already moved the Boise St loss to the Big East.

They should also add the Colonial Athletic Assotiation. :charlie:

nvm..Boise St loss indeed shows up under the WAC

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thaite alway has the teams in the conference they were in at the time. Look at the list again, they have the Texas win in 95 from the SWC.

And NU still in the Big XII

The numbers are right tho. They are counting all the years

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue that Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, and Mike Leach are ahead of Beamer. They just flat out are ahead of Beamer so the argument is pointless. As for the other coaches you listed, I believe there could be an argument made for them but not a slam dunk like the others.

Oh, well thank you for your well thought out and very convincing rebuttal. I guess with all those facts that you gave me there, you are right. I have been wrong all this time.

It is funny how I have thrown out all this stuff this whole time and the only defense of Beamer has been that he has quality men on his team, no sanctions, brought a program from nothing, and I am delusional. That's it?

WTF?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One statement that will pertain to ALL of your research:

Comparisons and context.

You provide none. You don't give numbers for anyone else. You say numbers so people think you are doing your homework but you aren't. Numbers are meaningless without context. How do Kelly/Leach/Kiffin compare? How about Snyder and others....

Your arguments and "data" are irrelevant.

Try harder.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

They may be counting all the years but Beamer lovers sure aren't. ;)

Well ok. In all theory I'm not counting all the years. I started the stats in 1992 instead of 1987

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See you never present your posts as opinions. You just state things as "fact".

You are always right and if someone disagrees, they are absolutely clueless.

"This is the way it is."

Can't you share your thoughts without ALWAYS attacking anyone who's got a different view?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One statement that will pertain to ALL of your research:

Comparisons and context.

You provide none. You don't give numbers for anyone else. You say numbers so people think you are doing your homework but you aren't. Numbers are meaningless without context. How do Kelly/Leach/Kiffin compare? How about Snyder and others....

Your arguments and "data" are irrelevant.

Try harder.

And you have given me nothing but a big fat uh-uh.

I can't give you number on Kiffin, Chip Kelly, and Brian Kelly because Kiffin has only been a college head coach for 3 years, Chip has only been a college head coach for 3 years, and Brian Kelly has only been a D-1 college head coach for 9 years. We all have learned that the first 8 years don't mean anything so I guess I could give you Brian Kelly's numbers from last year but that should be easy to get. As for Leach, I can get you numbers tonight after I get off work. As for Snuder, seriously? There is no need to get his numbers. He is a better coach than some of those 6 national title winning coaches. What he did at a place like Kansas St is a big enough miracle to allow him to become a saint after he dies!!!!! If you really want Snyder's numbers then this discussion is over because you are completely clueless.

I hope I didn't say too much here that you can't handle so that you have to erase this post as well.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not interested in debating with a kid. Hell, I teach statistics. I know when I am dealing with a blowhard. All that I am saying is that if you want to have a debate, and you demand facts from others, you have to provide some of your own. You say that Kelly, Leach and Kiffin are better than Beamer just because "they are." I mean come on. You have a schtick, and it may get some people, but it is as transparent as a window and kind of lame. Throw in the pedantic trash talk and name calling, and I have no interest in the debate, honestly.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you never present your posts as opinions. You just state things as "fact".

You are always right and if someone disagrees, they are absolutely clueless.

"This is the way it is."

Can't you share your thoughts without ALWAYS attacking anyone who's got a different view?

There you go with your quotes again. Where did I say "this is the way it is"? Also go read my posts again. I said it was my opinion a few times. Learn how to comprehend and don't say I always do things that I don't.

It is a fucking message board. Does someone really have to qualify everything with "in my opinion"? Grow up and go run to another teams board to talk shit about me.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not interested in debating with a kid. Hell, I teach statistics. I know when I am dealing with a blowhard. All that I am saying is that if you want to have a debate, and you demand facts from others, you have to provide some of your own. You say that Kelly, Leach and Kiffin are better than Beamer just because "they are." I mean come on. You have a schtick, and it may get some people, but it is as transparent as a window and kind of lame. Throw in the pedantic trash talk and name calling, and I have no interest in the debate, honestly.

And you say Beamer is better but don't give anything to back it up. If you don't want the debate then go back to your board and kiss each other's ass.