• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 124 head coaches

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently beating Nebraska perhaps, but

2005 (9-3)
2006 (8-5)
2007 (9-4)
2008 (11-2)
2009 (8-4)

Can't put him higher than Beamer

I obviously pitched 2000-2004 (first 5 years)

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
popcorn%20(2).gif

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently beating Nebraska perhaps, but

2005 (9-3)
2006 (8-5)
2007 (9-4)
2008 (11-2)
2009 (8-4)

Can't put him higher than Beamer

See your point but being the only team team to have a winning record every year in a conference like the Big 12 means something to me. Add in that he did it at a place like Texas Tech. Sure they are in Texas but no one down there cares about Texas Tech. TCU gets better players than Texas Tech. What Leach was able to do at Texas Tech constitutes consistency in my book and makes him a top 15 coach minimum IN MY OPINION!!!!!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See folks, this is how you debate. The other side of the argument actually brings something to the table.

Weird huh?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See your point but being the only team team to have a winning record every year in a conference like the Big 12 means something to me. Add in that he did it at a place like Texas Tech. Sure they are in Texas but no one down there cares about Texas Tech. TCU gets better players than Texas Tech. What Leach was able to do at Texas Tech constitutes consistency in my book and makes him a top 15 coach minimum IN MY OPINION!!!!!

I'm actually on a stretch putting Leach in the Top 15, because he really only had one stellar year (11-2)

I know he wasn't just losing to Texas and OU and beating Nebraska meant very little...I need to look harder at his losses.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 Losses - Texas, Oklahoma St, Alabama (Cotton Bowl)
Wins - Oklahoma
OOC Schedule - Florida International, Sam Houston State, Indiana State

2006 Losses - TCU, Missouri, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma
Wins - Nothing notable (Insight Bowl win over Minnesota?)
OOC Schedule - Southern Methodist, UTEP, TCU, Southeastern Louisiana

2007 Losses - Oklahoma State, Missouri, Colorado, Texas
Wins - Oklahoma, (Gator Bowl win over Virginia?)
OOC Schedule - Southern Methodist, UTEP, Rice, Northwestern State

2008 Losses - Oklahoma, (Cotton Bowl loss Ole' Miss)
Wins - Texas
OOC Schedule -Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, Massachusetts

2009 Losses - Texas, Houston, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St
Wins - Oklahoma
OOC Schedule - North Dakota, Rice, Houston, New Mexico

It's a stretch putting Mike Leach in the Top 15..No Way a Top 10...

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 Losses - Texas, Oklahoma St, Alabama (Cotton Bowl)
Wins - Oklahoma
OOC Schedule - Florida International, Sam Houston State, Indiana State

2006 Losses - TCU, Missouri, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma
Wins - Nothing notable (Insight Bowl win over Minnesota?)
OOC Schedule - Southern Methodist, UTEP, TCU, Southeastern Louisiana

2007 Losses - Oklahoma State, Missouri, Colorado, Texas
Wins - Oklahoma, (Gator Bowl win over Virginia?)
OOC Schedule - Southern Methodist, UTEP, Rice, Northwestern State

2008 Losses - Oklahoma, (Cotton Bowl loss Ole' Miss)
Wins - Texas
OOC Schedule -Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, Massachusetts

2009 Losses - Texas, Houston, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St
Wins - Oklahoma, (Alamo Bowl win over Mich St?)
OOC Schedule - North Dakota, Rice, Houston, New Mexico

It's a stretch putting Mike Leach in the Top 15..No Way a Top 10...

:nono:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Mike Leach is perenially overhyped. He had exactly one team finish the season in the top 15. Yes, his teams were consistent, but people like Brian Kelly and Bret Bielema are typically considered worse coaches despite having accomplished much more in D1 in much less time.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So because 2 random reporters give their opinion that he is a top 10 coach by saying he has won 7 conference titles this opinion is taken as a fact and not allowed to be challenged but when I give my opinion with numbers that don't constitute a top 10 coaching resume IN MY OPINION I am an idiot?

Just because you say so doesn't make your opinion any more of a fact than my opinion. You have not listed one good reason for him to be in the top 10. I have listed multiple reasons why he shouldn't be. Because you disagree with those reasons doesn't make them baseless. It makes you bias and ignorant because you are incapable of defending your beloved coach.

I may be a blow hard asshole but at least I come with an opinion and don't just say someone is dumb just because.

Here's a summary of what has happened in this thread. You said Beamer didn't belong anywhere near the top 10, brought up his lack of big wins and titles, produced a list of names that you thought should be above him which if you included all of them would've only dropped Beamer to around 17 (OMG nowhere NEAR top 10) but the only problem is that your list is comical and anyone with any football knowledge would take a crap on it. I'm not going to get into any more debate about it but I will say that if you take away that comical BS list of names then there aren't a whole lot left above Beamer. MAYBE it will sink in this time. But you keep all those names above Beamer if you like to make yourself feel better about those 2 losses which you're in denial about

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a summary of what has happened in this thread. You said Beamer didn't belong anywhere near the top 10, brought up his lack of big wins and titles, produced a list of names that you thought should be above him which if you included all of them would've only dropped Beamer to around 17 (OMG nowhere NEAR top 10) but the only problem is that your list is comical and anyone with any football knowledge would take a crap on it. I'm not going to get into any more debate about it but I will say that if you take away that comical BS list of names then there aren't a whole lot left above Beamer. MAYBE it will sink in this time. But you keep all those names above Beamer if you like to make yourself feel better about those 2 losses which you're in denial about

Yes, please continue to call me an idiot and that my opinion is shit. And then run and hide by saying you are done with this while never once bringing anything to the table other than the typical, because, uh-uh, or as your brethren said "nani nani boo boo".

Thank you for solidifying my opinion of your fan base and your coach.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true. Kiffin???? WTF??? BUTCH JONES??? Show me Leach's BCS bowl wins... Does he have one? I'm not peeking on google, I'm asking because I genuinely do not know.

Jed do I have to go google surfing and cherry pick stats that make Beamer look better than those coaches you listed above?? It could be done relatively easily.

Where is your statistical reasoning for Kiffin>Beamer??? I don't see one, yet you ridicule people who aren't backing their own claims.

Last edited by a moderator:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one an only person that has backed up their claim for Beamer is RA.

Yet I am the idiot.

I have asked numerous times for things from people in favor of Beamer and got nothing in return. If I am so wrong then give me real reasons why.

Google away you obsessed freak. Give me any and all info you come up with.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not debate people that can't fucking read!!!! For the last time, I couldn't give 2 shits about VD beating Nebraska a couple years ago.

That should be one shit and beating Nebraska a couple of times. Are you lysdexic?

You declare I will not debate people.......then proceed to do so in the next sentence.

Vacillate much?

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were/Are you a Seabee?

nope, was Army, worked for DOD and Navy.

Its a put down saying my daughter used to utter at age three, and it seemed appropriate for your resident troll.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question had nothing to do with your "Nani Nani Boo Boo" comment.

It had to do with your Location info "Gulfport MS, via Virginia Beach, via Providence, RI"

Known Seabee areas.

Either way..Thanks for your service.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beamer is currently the winningest active coach and longest tenured coach in Division I FBS.

Seems like that in itself would be worthy of more respect than you are showing.

Frankly, you needn't bother respond, as we've seen the value of your comments.