• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the roster preference and future of these teams...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these teams have interim coaches or potential head coaching vacancies in the coming off-season. If you're a free agent coach and you're looking to position yourself for the best possible future, which of these jobs would you want?

1) Lakers
2) Knicks
3) Timberwolves
4) Rockets
5) Nets
6) Wizards
7) Grizzlies
8) Kings
9) Suns

Mine would be:

1) Timberwolves
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Grizzlies
5) Knicks
6) Rockets
7) Kings
8) Suns
9) Nets

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are 9th, I'm not sure about the rest but I'd probably have the Wolves and Wizards 1 and 2 as well.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves gotta be 1 on current make up I believe

But Lakers and Knicks have that potential to attract help along with their current roster.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these teams have interim coaches or potential head coaching vacancies in the coming off-season. If you're a free agent coach and you're looking to position yourself for the best possible future, which of these jobs would you want?

1) Lakers
2) Knicks
3) Timberwolves
4) Rockets
5) Nets
6) Wizards
7) Grizzlies
8) Kings
9) Suns

Mine would be:

1) Timberwolves
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Grizzlies
5) Knicks
6) Rockets
7) Kings
8) Suns
9) Nets

If the Lakers end up with a top 3 pick I'd probably go there. I don't want to deal with the mental case that is Demarcus in Sacramento, the Nets are in hell and have no picks and the Timberwolves are NBA Siberia. If the Knicks had their pick this year I would throw them in there as a real possibility but the Bargiani trade killed them

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Lakers
2) Knicks
3) Timberwolves
4) Rockets
5) Nets
6) Wizards
7) Grizzlies
8) Kings
9) Suns

Mine would be:

1) Timberwolves
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Grizzlies
5) Knicks
6) Rockets
7) Kings
8) Suns
9) Nets

1. Timberlake

2. Wiz Kids

3. Rockets

4. Lakers

5. Grizzly

6. Knicks

7. Suns

8. Kings

9.Nets

I put the Nets last because at least last the Kings have Cousins and a draft pick this Summer.

Brooklyn has neither.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers end up with a top 3 pick I'd probably go there. I don't want to deal with the mental case that is Demarcus in Sacramento, the Nets are in hell and have no picks and the Timberwolves are NBA Siberia. If the Knicks had their pick this year I would throw them in there as a real possibility but the Bargiani trade killed them

If the Kids pan out in Minny, I think they will be a destination the likes of Cleveland.

Meaning: guys will sign there as long as Bron is there....or in this case, Wigginns and Towns.

But, they would have to take a giant leap in the next few Seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Philly in that list? With the amount of top picks they've been getting they're BOUND to get a star eventually.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Philly in that list? With the amount of top picks they've been getting they're BOUND to get a star eventually.

I didn't list them because they just re-upped Brett Brown to an extension this season. Based on the Philly business model, I don't see them extending him this season just to fire him in a couple months.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I haven't paid too much in-depth attention to most of the teams other than the Lakers.

I do see LA eventually becoming a very attractive place for head coaches once Clarkson, Randle and Russell develop. You can already see the difference in the first and second year for Clarkson.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Lakers
2) Knicks
3) Timberwolves
4) Rockets
5) Nets
6) Wizards
7) Grizzlies
8) Kings
9) Suns

Mine would be:

1) Timberwolves
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Grizzlies
5) Knicks
6) Rockets
7) Kings
8) Suns
9) Nets

Minnesota had a nice looking young duo, but I still worry about their ability to attract free agents. Washington is the only team on this list that had a chance to be a title contender next year. Granted, that would depend on them landing Durant which I don't think will happen. I would place the Rockets ahead of the Lakers and Grizz, only because I think they have a better front office. I think they are more likely to turn things around quickly.

As for the Lakers, I know Laker fans want to believe in a quick turnaround, but it just ain't happening as long as Little Buss is running the show. I actually put the Lakers job in the bottom Third because of the expectations of the fan base and the fact that they are at least 2 years from Turning this thing around. Whatever coach hey hire may not survive to see the better times ahead.

Brooklyn has to be number 9, and by a lot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually put the Lakers job in the bottom Third because of the expectations of the fan base and the fact that they are at least 2 years from Turning this thing around.

Actually, Lakers fans, for the most part, are being surprisingly patient. Most understood that when the Dwight/Nash trade blew up that it was going to be a longer rebuild because they lacked assets.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Timberwolves
2) Lakers
3) Wizards
4) Grizzlies
5) Rockets
6) Wizards
7) Suns
8) Kings
9) Nets

*SIDE NOTE* If Lakers lose their pick to Philly this year then they'd drop to #7 and all the other teams below LA get bumped up one spot.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One plus about PHX is they do have Bledsoe returning next year along with a top 5 pick joining Booker along with Bogdanovic coming from overseas next year. They also have CLE's 1st rounder this year and Miami's two picks in 2017 (top 7 protected), & unprotected in 2019 (only get this one unprotected if Miami doesn't conceded 2017 1st rounder) & 2021.

Plus Goodwin, Len, Warren are decent young players with upside.

I just pray they deal Knight, Keef, Tucker and Chandler.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I haven't paid too much in-depth attention to most of the teams other than the Lakers.

I do see LA eventually becoming a very attractive place for head coaches once Clarkson, Randle and Russell develop. You can already see the difference in the first and second year for Clarkson.

Kobe retiring will help too. FA's will probably actually want to sign there again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe retiring will help too. FA's will probably actually want to sign there again.

The problem wasn't Kobe so much as it was a mismatched hodgepodge lineup, not being sure what Kobe's health was like and only having cap space for 1 top level guy.

I think if FA's could have had some kind of assurance that Kobe would actually be able to play at a high level, the Lakers may have had better luck. But even then, it would have been Kobe, another FA and a bunch of guys just trying to stay in the league.

Now, they'll have plenty of money and some decent looking young players.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Wolves (by far)
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Rockets
5) Suns
6) Grizzlies
7) Nets
8) Kings

Even with the Nets having no draft picks for eternity, I still have the Kings last. There's no way I'd work for Vivek Ranadive and Vlade Divac. They change their minds on whims. You'll have their support and two hours later they're trying to undercut you.

I'd have the Wolves number 1. Towns is a fucking beast and Wiggins is gonna be a multi-time AS. I can win with those two for years to come and in this new media age where market size doesn't really matter, I'd be fairly confident I can attract other players to play with those two

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Lakers
2) Knicks
3) Timberwolves
4) Rockets
5) Nets
6) Wizards
7) Grizzlies
8) Kings
9) Suns

Mine would be:

1) Timberwolves
2) Wizards
3) Lakers
4) Grizzlies
5) Knicks
6) Rockets
7) Kings
8) Suns
9) Nets

1. Rockets
2. Wizards
3. Twolves
4. Grizzlies
5. Kings
6. Knicks
7. Lakers
8. Suns
9. Nets

It all comes down to established stars in their primes. James Harden is an MVP right in his prime with pletny of time left. John Wall is an annual all star caliber player for the most part and the kind of guy you build around. It sure looks like Towns is that guy too. It all starts and ends with those type of guys. If you dont have one- your screwed. Its why I have the Kings higher than most- as long as they have Cousins. Grizzlies with Gasol--- if i am the Grizz at this point- deal randolph- and start over with Conley and Gasol and try something new- go up tempo-.....(Toronto would be PERFECT for Randolph- and they have the Knicks pick which would be fair compensation)

Hard choice between Lakers and Knicks.....Russell v. Porzingis....id go Porzingis, AND with Melo there i guess i gotta go Knicks - true the Knicks dont have their first roudner- but the Lakers are missing two future first rounders......both have cap room and cache for free agents.....Lakers do have Randle- and after Porzingis the Knicks dont have another potential impact young player- but if they decided to deal Melo they would get back a nice haul....edge SLIGHTLY to the Knicks...the tipping point for me is- PHIL is in NY and i feel better about that even with DOlan there- than the Lakers situation- its close though.