• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs Rays Game IV: Get to the ALCS edition

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the alternative though?

Oh that is easy. Ban blocking the plate. If the plate gets blocked then the runner is safe. No questions. On close plays the runner has to slide and not run roughshod over the catcher. Do so and get ejected, fined and suspended.

Also, not a fan of the late hook slide into 2nd either. However, can't take away a man's right to slide into 2nd on a close play. Fielder has to get out of the way.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned the game on, what did I miss?

A couple of home runs, a play at the plate where Napoli got crushed, one very overrated semi-soft tosser pitching for the Rays and Harrison overpowering guys as he should. If Hellickson can be a good ML pitcher than Harrison has no excuse for not being elite.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think these games burn calories

anyone with me?

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A couple of home runs, a play at the plate where Napoli got crushed, one very overrated semi-soft tosser pitching for the Rays and Harrison overpowering guys as he should. If Hellickson can be a good ML pitcher than Harrison has no excuse for not being elite.

Thank you.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to start putting up some crooked numbers against this guy!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that is easy. Ban blocking the plate. If the plate gets blocked then the runner is safe. No questions. On close plays the runner has to slide and not run roughshod over the catcher. Do so and get ejected, fined and suspended.

Also, not a fan of the late hook slide into 2nd either. However, can't take away a man's right to slide into 2nd on a close play. Fielder has to get out of the way.

Sorry but I don't buy this. You do that and every runner will be sent because of the amount of time it takes to field a ball and then turn around and make a tag. It creates a huge and unfair advantage for the runner.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think you can ban blocking the plate at the MLB level. I think if you do something in college and the minors then you will see a culture change, but these guys are playing for millions and a WS title. You do what you have to do that's legal, and like it or not there is nothing illegal about the collision at home.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God that's about the fourth ball that has been stroked on a line to upton.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if im beltre

i try to get in this guy's head

and look mean the next ab

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, it's on. Beltre gets hot? That'll be pain for the baseball.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I don't buy this. You do that and every runner will be sent because of the amount of time it takes to field a ball and then turn around and make a tag. It creates a huge and unfair advantage for the runner.

You may not buy it but I've heard this has been discussed by the rules committee as late as this last off season. I personally don't buy the unfair advantage to the runner. This only applies to close plays and frankly, blocking the plate is completely unnecessary.

Another great blast by Beltre. Man is just smashing the ball.