• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont even remember the last time we lost a series to this team.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing we have going for us is that tomorrow is an off-day

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As dark as times are now I still think we have a decent shot of making the playoffs if we can can get enough guys back and they stay back. I wonder if we don't though if ownership will be willing to increase the budget substantially to extend Yu and maybe add another premium pitcher. I think if we get healthy the offense should be fine for next season. Resigning Soto maybe the best option at C.

I think our full attention will be on Max Scherzer.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strongest fucking part of this team just shat their pants tonight. We have enough problems, but the baseball gods clearly didnt think so.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is just a mediocre team with lots of inconsistency right now. Until they start playing better as a unit these type of losses will continue to happen.

Awesome...just read that Perez and Harrison are both likely done for the year. This season was fucked from Jump street. Forget playing consistent...they cannot go a week without someone fucking exploding on them physically.

Harrison's career might be over.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN:
Harrison's back may require spinal fusion surgery. He could return, but it could also be career threatening. If he doesn't, that's $55 million spent on six starts, one win and a 5.79 ERA in 28 innings. In other words, $9.16 million per start. Again, that's assuming he doesn't start again. And no one is ready to say that at this point.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our full attention will be on Max Scherzer.

I'm not as sold on Max as many are. I know he is the reigning Cy Young and is a good strike out pitcher but for some reason I am not confident in him sustaining the same type of numbers he put up last year... at the right price though but we all know he will be over paid.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN:
Harrison's back may require spinal fusion surgery. He could return, but it could also be career threatening. If he doesn't, that's $55 million spent on six starts, one win and a 5.79 ERA in 28 innings. In other words, $9.16 million per start. Again, that's assuming he doesn't start again. And no one is ready to say that at this point.

What? Hell no, if his career's done we shouldnt have to finish his contract. I love matt, but if his careers over then the contract should be terminated. He's already set for life with the money he's gotten. Give me a damn break.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN:

I might be done with baseball for the year...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 I thought we would compete at the top of the division for years and years. It really feels like the window has closed. We moved on from a lot of the parts of that team, and the chemistry seems to have gone with it. With all the injuries it's hard to be positive, but I really don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as sold on Max as many are. I know he is the reigning Cy Young and is a good strike out pitcher but for some reason I am not confident in him sustaining the same type of numbers he put up last year... at the right price though but we all know he will be over paid.

He's started 8 games this year and his ERA is 2.04. It's not just his K's, he gets a lot of ground balls.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Hell no, if his career's done we shouldnt have to finish his contract. I love matt, but if his careers over then the contract should be terminated. He's already set for life with the money he's gotten. Give me a damn break.
Yeah, that's not how it works in baseball.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 I thought we would compete at the top of the division for years and years. It really feels like the window has closed. We moved on from a lot of the parts of that team, and the chemistry seems to have gone with it. With all the injuries it's hard to be positive, but I really don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Can't overlook the Rangers farm system. The Rangers must retain Darvish and build around him. If Darvish leaves as a free agent, we're as good as fucked.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to do nothing. Wait til the end of the year. Then, next year, try to package elvis and prospects for a good young pitcher or outfielder, bring up odor, sign a big name starting pitcher. Let the outfield be leonys/choice, choo, and new guy. Infield is beltre, prince, odor, and profar. Catcher is cheerios and god knows who. Rotation is Yu, Derek, Colby, new guy, and Tepesch (at least til perez gets back.) Sorry I'm thinkin ahead, but I truly believe that's basically it. Weather the typhoon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thus is the nature of guaranteed contracts. If he chooses to retire, he nullifies the deal.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to get too overly negative about all this... nothing can bring a team together more than adversity and I can't think of a team that has faced more. Of course it could go the other way too and tear the team apart... time will tell but if they can find a way to make this situation bring them together- I like their chances in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's started 8 games this year and his ERA is 2.04. It's not just his K's, he gets a lot of ground balls.

I would love to get him and be wrong... not sure what other guys are out there though either.