• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers visit the Windy City 05/17-05/20

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this to nail you but that analogy is pretty lame. I coach Softball for a special needs group. Beautiful kids with beautiful hearts that have changed my life. Really sheltered in my early years so I get it but exposure has changed my life for the better.

But don't sweat me as I am not as sensitive as some to the
R word Just an FYI for free Ha Love Ya

Ok I won’t say it again.

On here anyway.

Carry on.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I won’t say it again.

On here anyway.

Carry on.
I wasn't going to say anything as I know you did not mean anything by it but we have a mentally challenged daughter who cannot walk, see or talk. But in this day and age of everyone being offended about everything you do have to be careful about some things you say. So don't feel bad about it but be careful. Have a great weekend.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be some credence to what Tex had to say about Cano - “Robbie Cano’s assistant was on the list for Biogenesis,” Teixeira said. “Of course he had his assistant buy stuff for him. Alex Rodriguez got popped by Biogenesis and Melky got popped. They’re his best friends. When someone gets lumped into that group, it’s because there’s evidence, there’s a paper trail, there’s a smoke trail.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be some credence to what Tex had to say about Cano - “Robbie Cano’s assistant was on the list for Biogenesis,” Teixeira said. “Of course he had his assistant buy stuff for him. Alex Rodriguez got popped by Biogenesis and Melky got popped. They’re his best friends. When someone gets lumped into that group, it’s because there’s evidence, there’s a paper trail, there’s a smoke trail.”

I always cringe when someone brings up Robinson cano.

I still can’t believe JD picked Joaquin arias over him. It seems really dumb when you think about it. Especially because left handed hitting second basemen are extremely rare.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always cringe when someone brings up Robinson cano.

I still can’t believe JD picked Joaquin arias over him. It seems really dumb when you think about it. Especially because left handed hitting second basemen are extremely rare.
He is a slick fielder on top of that. He really has all the tools.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is going to get a shot to prove himself while Elvis and Beltre are hurt and I think he really needs to show some progress.

I expect the outcome to be Profar and IKF will play better than odor, while the rooster ignores their progress, Eventually IKF will get send back down while Profar could end up as super utility.
When IKF goes down it will be the right decision for the betterment of the kid and team

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying is probably correct but he deserves to stay up
He will sit when Beltre and Elvis returns and that is not good. IMO he doesn't deserve that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matters not what I think but I've said earlier that this kid is special.
I can't read the article as it will tell me to pay a fee. But MY probably relates to IKF because MY was not that highly thought of. If I recall John Hart was not a big fan. I was thinking he liked Catalanotto or someone like that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't read the article as it will tell me to pay a fee. But MY probably relates to IKF because MY was not that highly thought of. If I recall John Hart was not a big fan. I was thinking he liked Catalanotto or someone like that.

Here you go.

By Evan Grant, Staff Writer Contact Evan Granton Twitter>:(Evan_P_Grant

CHICAGO -- A month into his major league career, it would be unfair to compare Isiah Kiner-Falefa to the guy who became the franchise's model player, who holds most of the team's longevity and offensive records.

But, man, there is just something about him that is reminiscent of the way Michael Young played the game.

He didn't hit like Young did in the minors. He doesn't seem to have the pop in his bat that Young displayed. Still, there is something.

And let's get into that because do you really want to read the details of how the Rangers blew an eighth-inning lead with four unearned runs and lost to the worst team in baseball, the Chicago White Sox, 4-2 on Thursday.

OK, here goes: Jose Leclerc made his second throwing error of the week, then walked three batters -- one intentional -- to force in the tying run. One of the walks came on a very close pitch that led to Leclerc's removal from the game and Jeff Banister's ejection after he made the pitching move.

OK, back to Kiner-Falefa, who reached base three times:

"He will get the most out of his ability because of his awareness and anticipation," a long-time AL talent evaluator said Thursday. "He plays beyond his measurables, is versatile and trustworthy."
Ah, yes, that's it.

For lack of a better term, there is a similarity in body language to the rookie Young. There was a confidence and a curiosity. There was a purposefulness to his preparation that seemed off the scale.

While opinions differ on Kiner-Falefa's long-term status -- the same scout suggested he'd carve a place for himself on the roster but would not have an everyday spot -- after a month the consensus seems to be Kiner-Falefa will maximize his ability.

On this point, Young agrees.

"It's easy to pull for kids you know will get every last drop out of their ability," Young said Thursday. "You know that about him, and it's comforting to know. He plays hard. There has been legitimate improvement every season we've had him. I hope that his career trajectory stays that way.

"The league is going to present challenges to him, but I feel like he doesn't ever waste [opportunities to learn]. He takes everything he experiences and learns from it. That allows for guys to make quick adjustments. And guys who make quick adjustments have success in this league."

There is no doubt that as minor leaguers Young showed more offensive ability. He had a 20-point edge in batting average (.296-.276) and more than a 100-point advantage in OPS (.817-.678). But Kiner-Falefa has actually had a slightly better start than Young to his major league career -- not that a 31-game sample determines anything.

After Thursday, Kiner-Falefa is hitting .261 with a .709 OPS. At the same time in his first season, Young was hitting .214 with just a .532 OPS. Offensively, Young struggled through his first two seasons in the majors. But remember that part about not wasting opportunities to learn?

"Going to my third year, I felt like every lesson I had learned, I was about to put to use," Young said. "And I feel like I did. He is learning and improving. It's fun to watch. He is self-motivated. He wants it. He's hungry. Teammates see it."

Oh, they do. After Kiner-Falefa made two sharp base running plays to score runs during the Rangers' series against Seattle, Adrian Beltre interrupted a question about the base running to take a more general approach to evaluating the young player.

"It's not just his base running," Beltre said. "It's everything. It's everything about this kid. He asks the right questions. He thinks through things ahead of time. He does the right thing. Everything you want in a young kid, he does it. He wants to stay up here, and he's doing everything he can to make sure he does."

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go.

By Evan Grant, Staff Writer Contact Evan Granton Twitter>:(Evan_P_Grant

CHICAGO -- A month into his major league career, it would be unfair to compare Isiah Kiner-Falefa to the guy who became the franchise's model player, who holds most of the team's longevity and offensive records.

But, man, there is just something about him that is reminiscent of the way Michael Young played the game.

He didn't hit like Young did in the minors. He doesn't seem to have the pop in his bat that Young displayed. Still, there is something.

And let's get into that because do you really want to read the details of how the Rangers blew an eighth-inning lead with four unearned runs and lost to the worst team in baseball, the Chicago White Sox, 4-2 on Thursday.

OK, here goes: Jose Leclerc made his second throwing error of the week, then walked three batters -- one intentional -- to force in the tying run. One of the walks came on a very close pitch that led to Leclerc's removal from the game and Jeff Banister's ejection after he made the pitching move.

OK, back to Kiner-Falefa, who reached base three times:

"He will get the most out of his ability because of his awareness and anticipation," a long-time AL talent evaluator said Thursday. "He plays beyond his measurables, is versatile and trustworthy."
Ah, yes, that's it.

For lack of a better term, there is a similarity in body language to the rookie Young. There was a confidence and a curiosity. There was a purposefulness to his preparation that seemed off the scale.

While opinions differ on Kiner-Falefa's long-term status -- the same scout suggested he'd carve a place for himself on the roster but would not have an everyday spot -- after a month the consensus seems to be Kiner-Falefa will maximize his ability.

On this point, Young agrees.

"It's easy to pull for kids you know will get every last drop out of their ability," Young said Thursday. "You know that about him, and it's comforting to know. He plays hard. There has been legitimate improvement every season we've had him. I hope that his career trajectory stays that way.

"The league is going to present challenges to him, but I feel like he doesn't ever waste [opportunities to learn]. He takes everything he experiences and learns from it. That allows for guys to make quick adjustments. And guys who make quick adjustments have success in this league."

There is no doubt that as minor leaguers Young showed more offensive ability. He had a 20-point edge in batting average (.296-.276) and more than a 100-point advantage in OPS (.817-.678). But Kiner-Falefa has actually had a slightly better start than Young to his major league career -- not that a 31-game sample determines anything.

After Thursday, Kiner-Falefa is hitting .261 with a .709 OPS. At the same time in his first season, Young was hitting .214 with just a .532 OPS. Offensively, Young struggled through his first two seasons in the majors. But remember that part about not wasting opportunities to learn?

"Going to my third year, I felt like every lesson I had learned, I was about to put to use," Young said. "And I feel like I did. He is learning and improving. It's fun to watch. He is self-motivated. He wants it. He's hungry. Teammates see it."

Oh, they do. After Kiner-Falefa made two sharp base running plays to score runs during the Rangers' series against Seattle, Adrian Beltre interrupted a question about the base running to take a more general approach to evaluating the young player.

"It's not just his base running," Beltre said. "It's everything. It's everything about this kid. He asks the right questions. He thinks through things ahead of time. He does the right thing. Everything you want in a young kid, he does it. He wants to stay up here, and he's doing everything he can to make sure he does."
Thanks Donaldson. Nice comment by Beltre. Has 2 studs in his corner in MY and Beltre.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I won’t say it again.

On here anyway.

Carry on.

Don’t sweat me. I am not offended and political correctness has gone way overboard IMO although in public settings I try to be careful what I say. Some are offended and some are offended by any little thing. Just a public service. I am all good if it matters. Thanks It is good to have a variety of opinions and yours matters

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see this. I think Beltre could help an AL team in spite of his recent injuries. Hamels without a doubt is the #1 guy. And with pitching always being the top need of teams I see Fister, Colon and Chavez going as well. I know Fister has a 4.5 mill option for 2019 but just do not think 2019 will still matter right now in regards to playoff contention.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baseball America's latest mock draft.

Ethan Hankins
Forsyth Central High, Cumming, Ga.RHP
VIDEO
Notes:
Hankins has pitched very well recently this spring. Remember that Hankins was far and away the best high school player throughout the summer and you could start to see this as a steal at 15. The Rangers are one of several teams in the 10-20 range who have been linked to the Georgia righthander.