• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers visit Los Angeles Angels of Orange County of Anaheim of California of America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. They must be picking up a ton of the contract. Give then Tepesch and another.
My heart can't take much more. Tell me we're dreaming.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers Nearing Deal To Acquire Josh Hamilton
By Jeff Todd [April 24, 2015 at 5:31pm CDT]
The Rangers are nearing a trade to acquire Josh Hamilton, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports on Twitter. There is still plenty of “legal work” remaining before the deal can be finalized, but Sullivan says an announcement could come Monday.

The details of the arrangement remain unknown, but Shin-Soo Choo is not involved in the prospective trade, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times tweets. Choo had at least appeared to be a plausible piece to be included in a deal given his huge salary and rather pronounced struggles.

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News writes that Texas would either need to have virtually all of Hamilton’s salary covered — or, would add him if and when he negotiates a release. Indeed, per another Shaikin tweet, some cash savings for the Angels may the only substantial element in the deal.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day when some of y'all were suggesting Hamilton being traded back here, I honestly/sincerely thought you were kidding. But here we are, and it hasn't been that long ago, Josh is coming back to roost.

Good job guys.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ... there are many many nauseating thoughts. Wonder if we have to wait until Monday to get the full deal?

Choo may not be going to LAA ... but maybe somewhere else?

If Choo stays then TEX doesn't pay a dime for Hamilton through '17

I'm sorry, but the mere suggestion of Wilson coming back here has driven me to adult beverages, and lots of em. Seriously, I took a shot when I read that.
Can't think about anything else! :gaah:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day when some of y'all were suggesting Hamilton being traded back here, I honestly/sincerely thought you were kidding. But here we are, and it hasn't been that long ago, Josh is coming back to roost.

Good job guys.

I know I was on board with it. The time may be right for him. He has seen that the Rangers treated much better than what the Angels have and his wife will be out of his hair. I hope he comes back motivated like he was when he first had new life to play ball again.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know ... its just so amazing that this could happen you have to figure the Hamilton part will turn out to be the most logical part.

You are absolutely scaring the shit outta me!

I'm picturing Slim Pickens on a big bomb right about now.

Thanks.....I really needed this.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry, but the mere suggestion of Wilson coming back here has driven me to adult beverages, and lots of em. Seriously, I took a shot when I read that.

We are all going to be totally blasted by game time tonight. And the thought that the first words will be from Rhadigan on Rangers Live!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nibber won't be going anywhere.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, JD needs to be included in any trade to LAA.:stephena:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Word is running crazy though the visitor's clubhouse ... everyone wondering who is going if anyone? Bats light up tonight ... make my words ... TEX bats tonight are going to scorch Richards!

Maybe JD has a game going ... LAA totally disrupted by the news ... and TEX sweeps LAA ... then as TEX leaves town JD says ... "Ah never mind ... April Fool!"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is running crazy though the visitor's clubhouse ... everyone wondering who is going if anyone? Bats light up tonight ... make my words ... TEX bats tonight are going to scorch Richards!

Maybe JD has a game going ... LAA totally disrupted by the news ... and TEX sweeps LAA ... then as TEX leaves town JD says ... "Ah never mind ... April Fool!"

Gotcha down, big dog!

On my second vodka/tonic, and no dinner yet.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyman says the deal is agreed to but some stuff needs to be worked out...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know one thing. It would be fucking hilarious if Josh came back here and raked like he used to. I doubt that happens because I just don't think he cares about baseball, but it would be funny after not doing shit for the Angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.