• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers visit Los Angeles Angels of Orange County of Anaheim of California of America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not surprised if Odor has a sophomore slump the first half. He's extremely young. Personally, I think it's pretty retarded to be sounding alarm bells on odor at this point.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not surprised if Odor has a sophomore slump the first half. He's extremely young. Personally, I think it's pretty retarded to be sounding alarm bells on odor at this point.
I am not worried about him b/c of the sophomore year but I am concerned about the poor overall performance of the club's offensive output.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

HSO -- This is what can happen when you carry a 1 skill Rule 5 guy on your roster.

Here's my point. Elvis and Odor are the only guys who have played every single out -- 135.2 innings (Martin 131.2, Beltre 124.2). Rosales (the supposed UIF) has 40.0 innings split between 3b and 1b.

Because TEX chose to carry Rule 5 and 5th OF DeShields they needed a UIF who could play both CIF especially 3b. What this meant was since Rosales was the only guy who scored high enough to be able to play MIF too ... but really can't ... means there is nobody to give Elvis or Odor a day off.

Somebody back at the beginning of the season said something like "well DeShields can play some 2b to give Odor time off". Well DeShields was put on the roster to back up Martin ... yet he has 21.0 of his 23.0 innings playing LF. He's not even paying where he's supposed to be playing. (Maybe DeShields plays 2b when Detwiler starts?)

If DeShields isn't on the roster ... then TEX would have room for a MIF qualified UIF ... and wouldn't need Rosales either and could carry a power RH bench bat to back up Beltre... since Moreland covers Fielder already.

So in my opinion ... low output from Elvis and Odor is in part due to them playing 135.2 innings ... 15 games in 17 days. And Odor is a sophomore. And carrying DeShields means they get no day off.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The .215 team average isn't going to work for you? :gaah:
Keep in mind, Fielder is the reason it's that high. We have problems and I don't think they are self curing. I don't have the answers but someone needs to find some.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HSO -- This is what can happen when you carry a 1 skill Rule 5 guy on your roster.

Here's my point. Elvis and Odor are the only guys who have played every single out -- 135.2 innings (Martin 131.2, Beltre 124.2). Rosales (the supposed UIF) has 40.0 innings split between 3b and 1b.

Because TEX chose to carry Rule 5 and 5th OF DeShields they needed a UIF who could play both CIF especially 3b. What this meant was since Rosales was the only guy who scored high enough to be able to play MIF too ... but really can't ... means there is nobody to give Elvis or Odor a day off.

Somebody back at the beginning of the season said something like "well DeShields can play some 2b to give Odor time off". Well DeShields was put on the roster to back up Martin ... yet he has 21.0 of his 23.0 innings playing LF. He's not even paying where he's supposed to be playing. (Maybe DeShields plays 2b when Detwiler starts?)

If DeShields isn't on the roster ... then TEX would have room for a MIF qualified UIF ... and wouldn't need Rosales either and could carry a power RH bench bat to back up Beltre... since Moreland covers Fielder already.

So in my opinion ... low output from Elvis and Odor is in part due to them playing 135.2 innings ... 15 games in 17 days. And Odor is a sophomore. And carrying DeShields means they get no day off.

I am just not getting this keeping DeShields on the team thing at all.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, Fielder is the reason it's that high. We have problems and I don't think they are self curing. I don't have the answers but someone needs to find some.

Beltre had 2 hits the other night. I'm hoping he's finding his way. Maybe the other's will follow.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will be much better eventually, but I don't think it will ever scare anyone as presently constructed. We are on pace to get only 76 HRs from our 4 corner position players and DH combined this season.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Sources: Josh Hamilton could be gone from Angels as soon as tonight. Resolution in place. Barring last-minute changes, he's gone.

and

TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger 3m3 minutes ago

Rangers are willing to take Josh Hamilton back according to sources...No word yet if that will happen. But the Rangers would take him

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Sources: Josh Hamilton could be gone from Angels as soon as tonight. Resolution in place. Barring last-minute changes, he's gone.

and

TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger 3m3 minutes ago

Rangers are willing to take Josh Hamilton back according to sources...No word yet if that will happen. But the Rangers would take him

Heard this on the Hardline just now. I just don't get it...why? If he ends up here I hope he does kick ass and gets his monkey head right but he's just so much baggage and there's just something fraudalent about him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this on the Hardline just now. I just don't get it...why? If he ends up here I hope he does kick ass and gets his monkey head right but he's just so much baggage and there's just something fraudalent about him.

ESPN is now reporting that it's a done-deal, and will be finalized on Monday!

Holy Shit.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas is going to suck until 2017 bring on Hamilton for Choo...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday. Should be interesting.

Why? He's hurt and has no chance of playing.

If Hamilton is what you're referring too. And your post indicated such.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is just head scratching to me...I don't know what JD is thinking. I just don't like this man....It was a better story that he was gone and we Texas fans hated him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron James can be welcomed back in Cleveland after people burned his jerseys, I don't see why Hamilton wouldn't be welcomed back in Arlington if it came to that. I won't like him the way I used to, but seriously I am wanting a swap for he and Choo so badly....I want out of that contract.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy motherfucking shit.
Do you know more? Because you seem quite animated. Or is just the standard that has been posted already?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know more? Because you seem quite animated. Or is just the standard that has been posted already?

That's just my initial reaction. My secondary reaction is: we already have a roster full of players who aren't hitting... why trade for another one with a ton of mental baggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.