• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers visit Los Angeles Angels of Orange County of Anaheim of California of America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the talk about the roster moves TEX will have to make to bring Wandy up? TEX will have to make 40man and 25man roster moves.
I think it should be Verrett who is released.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans led by 20 to start the 4th Qtr and lost in OT. What a choke.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Williams had 3 hits tonight and up'd his average to 388. Mazara at 368. Chi Chi held his own giving up 2 runs in 6 innings. Thompson did not. Not sure what was going on in the Hickory game but the opponent had the 2nd baseman ejected in the 9th and then the coach and 3rd baseman in the 10th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I should be happy or not that Detwiler's name is not mentioned for the LHRP job.

I think Detwiler would be a perfectly fine lefty reliever. If wandy can do better then we need to ship his ass over there.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Detwiler would be a perfectly fine lefty reliever. If wandy can do better then we need to ship his ass over there.

I think they intend to try Claudio. TEX signed Detwiler for $3.5mil to be an SP ... not to be RP ... especially one who so far is getting hammered by LHB. Well he's actually getting hammered by both.

I think Detwiler's job is to eat innings and bridge TEX until one each Perez, Holland or Harrison is ready. Maybe he pitches well enough to go to the bullpen but heck ... would hate to have him ruin someone else's quality start.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they intend to try Claudio. TEX signed Detwiler for $3.5mil to be an SP ... not to be RP ... especially one who so far is getting hammered by LHB. Well he's actually getting hammered by both.

I think Detwiler's job is to eat innings and bridge TEX until one each Perez, Holland or Harrison is ready. Maybe he pitches well enough to go to the bullpen but heck ... would hate to have him ruin someone else's quality start.

Good point. That's why I said previously we don't need him in the pen. Reminds me of Kirkland.:heh:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detwiler does fine once through the order. He'd do fine in the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just doesn't seem good enough to be a starter and as long as we owe him that much money I think we try him in the pen before releasing him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do alright in the pen. Frankly I would like to get him in the pen soon so he can establish himself as a decent option there so he is tradeable at deadline time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Scott Lucas today.

Texas promoted RHP Jerad Eickhoff to AAA. The 40-man addition from last fall posted a 2.70 ERA with 14 strikeouts in ten AA innings.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm is about to cover, "two Rangers he's about to get VERY concerned about." My guess is it's our two MIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.