• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers try to Progress to .500 ball in Cleveland.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a shocking turn of events, we have thunderstorms in Central Texas.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watching this Royals and Yankees game?

Yeah apparently we pissed the Yankees off or Guthrie really sucks today?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Royals, we got a couple of pitchers you might be interested in come the trade deadline. Just get back to is at your convenience.
Where do you think we need to be record wise or in the GB column to determine if we are buyers, sellers or if we stand pat come deadline time? The way we have started playing begs the question I think.

Also, if we become buyers what area(s) do you think we need to shore up? The bench?

I still think we will be sellers, but these guys are making it harder and harder for me to continue to think that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN guys are really pushing the America narrative today. Dial it back guys.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think we need to be record wise or in the GB column to determine if we are buyers, sellers or if we stand pat come deadline time? The way we have started playing begs the question I think.

Also, if we become buyers what area(s) do you think we need to shore up? The bench?

I still think we will be sellers, but these guys are making it harder and harder for me to continue to think that.

Depends what we are selling?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-0 Guthrie is getting accosted

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guthrie is the U.S. Constitution and the Yankees are Congress...They are shitting all over him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN guys are really pushing the America narrative today. Dial it back guys.

You're watching with the sound on, you must be a masochist?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers place Neftali Feliz on 15-day disabled list
POSTED BY R.J. WHITE
1623768.png

Neftali Feliz

RP | TEX
OWNED BY Y YU NO WIN
The Rangers placed pitcher Neftali Feliz on the 15-day disabled list on Monday, retroactive to May 20, with an abscess on his right side under his arm, the team announced.
Feliz's roster spot is going to Josh Hamilton, who is set to make his season debut on Monday. Feliz owns a 5.09 ERA and 15:9 K:BB ratio in 17 2/3 innings. He was recently removed from the closer role and may return to a setup role when healthy.

FELIZ TO THE DL FOR HAMILTON

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a shocking turn of events, we have thunderstorms in Central Texas.

Looks like all but 2 days over the next 10, there is a 40% or better for rain. My lot has become a flood plain

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Jamey Newberg.

Minutes ago, Fox Sports national columnist Jon Morosi tweeted: “Rangers have scored the most runs in MLB this month. Could easily see them becoming a Wild Card contender.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the lineup..... I think you guys are being nitpicky a bit. At least Bannister kept Deshields hitting in the line up at lead off and kept most of the lineup intact. On a side note, I'm glad the Yankees waited until after we left. The royals are getting destroyed....

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Jamey Newberg.

Minutes ago, Fox Sports national columnist Jon Morosi tweeted: “Rangers have scored the most runs in MLB this month. Could easily see them becoming a Wild Card contender.”
Calm down Morosi.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the lineup..... I think you guys are being nitpicky a bit. At least Bannister kept Deshields hitting in the line up at lead off and kept most of the lineup intact. On a side note, I'm glad the Yankees waited until after we left. The royals are getting destroyed....
Mitch should hit for everyone. And then guys can just run for him after he gets on base. I want to see him make all 27 outs every game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it's only one month, but I see where you're coming from. I think there's a lot of variables that go into making that decision besides just record that we need to wait on.

First of all, I think we need to be at or pretty damn close to a .500 record at the deadline to even consider being buyers. Areas we may potentially need upgraded are bullpen for sure. The only guys I'm even remotely comfortable with out there are Tolley, Ohlendorf, Kela, and maybe Scheppers. All of those guys have question marks too.

Second, I'd say we need a bench player or two. Rosie serves his purpose and should stick around, but we need another OF bat that can do some damage. Blanks may come back and fill that role, but for now it's an area of weakness.

If we're really contenders by this time Cole Hamels would be a huge boost, but I'm not willing to give up the prospects it's going to cost, nor commit to the dollars and years he's owed on an off chance to contend in a year we never expected to. Trading for Hamels probably keeps us from re-signing Darvish and depletes us of prospects that have some really high ceilings.

As for selling, I think we could be both at the deadline. I could easily see us looking to deal Gallardo/Wandy if we're convinced Harry/Holland/Perez are ready to step in. I don't see us dealing Beltre, but I could be wrong. I'd love to see us deal Elvis. Not sure that's realistic though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean you didn't mind Moreland being pushed down in the lineup a bit?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude still won't give Moreland props for being one of only two guys who's produced all season.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bannister is trying to integrate Josh. He's trying to give him a good spot in the order so that he can get going. This move has nothing to do with Mitch's performance.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's only one month, but I see where you're coming from. I think there's a lot of variables that go into making that decision besides just record that we need to wait on.

First of all, I think we need to be at or pretty damn close to a .500 record at the deadline to even consider being buyers. Areas we may potentially need upgraded are bullpen for sure. The only guys I'm even remotely comfortable with out there are Tolley, Ohlendorf, Kela, and maybe Scheppers. All of those guys have question marks too.

Second, I'd say we need a bench player or two. Rosie serves his purpose and should stick around, but we need another OF bat that can do some damage. Blanks may come back and fill that role, but for now it's an area of weakness.

If we're really contenders by this time Cole Hamels would be a huge boost, but I'm not willing to give up the prospects it's going to cost, nor commit to the dollars and years he's owed on an off chance to contend in a year we never expected to. Trading for Hamels probably keeps us from re-signing Darvish and depletes us of prospects that have some really high ceilings.

As for selling, I think we could be both at the deadline. I could easily see us looking to deal Gallardo/Wandy if we're convinced Harry/Holland/Perez are ready to step in. I don't see us dealing Beltre, but I could be wrong. I'd love to see us deal Elvis. Not sure that's realistic though.

Those are some good observations. I am less concerned with the pen than you are, but that could certainly change over the next several weeks. If Odor makes it back playing decent and DeShields continues to play well then I don't think we need an outfielder. Since it would probably take DeShields doing just that to be buyers I don't see OF as a concern as we could have Rua and Martin on the bench. Rua being on the bench in the postseason that is. I woudn't want him on the bench here before late August.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bannister is trying to integrate Josh. He's trying to give him a good spot in the order so that he can get going. This move has nothing to do with Mitch's performance.
Just messing with you.