• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers try to Progress to .500 ball in Cleveland.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I still crack up when I think about how everyone was all gung-ho for, then spent the next year cussing JD, and now people are loving again. Bunch of people with great hindsight from one day to the next. After all the cussing of JD for that trade, nobody has bellied up for their helping of crow. Typical.

I had to talk myself into the Choo contract, and then I was just so disgusted with it after his first year. With Prince I knew it was different. He's younger and his neck had been plaguing him for a long long time. Guys just don't fall of a cliff unless there is something mentally or physically wrong. He got it fixed and bounced back mentally from how rough the year before was for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously don't have any anyway to back this up, but there hasn't been a day I've been anything but 100% on board with the Fielder trade.

Nor I. Texas needed to dump Ian, and I knew Fielder had a chance to be special here, even after the surgery. Unfortunately we lost him in his first year here as Detroit tried to pull a fast one on JD. Watch Fielder put up MVP numbers the next three seasons. Ian is doing nothing but declining from here on out, and much faster than Prince.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to talk myself into the Choo contract, and then I was just so disgusted with it after his first year. With Prince I knew it was different. He's younger and his neck had been plaguing him for a long long time. Guys just don't fall of a cliff unless there is something mentally or physically wrong. He got it fixed and bounced back mentally from how rough the year before was for him.

I was thrilled about getting Choo, but in my head I knew they gave him way too much money and way too many years. They're going to have to dump him in another three years or so and eat a chunk of change to do it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watching this Royals and Yankees game?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I still crack up when I think about how everyone was all gung-ho for, then spent the next year cussing JD, and now people are loving again. Bunch of people with great hindsight from one day to the next. After all the cussing of JD for that trade, nobody has bellied up for their helping of crow. Typical.
I think long term it is a bad decision because I have never expected much from Prince in the final three or maybe even four years of the contract. I thought the same thing about the Choo acquisition. Together they are very bad decisions. I think we are looking at a whole lot of almost dead money within 2-3 years.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think long term it is a bad decision because I have never expected much from Prince in the final three or maybe even four years of the contract. I thought the same thing about the Choo acquisition. Together they are very bad decisions. I think we are looking at a whole lot of almost dead money within 2-3 years.

I think Fielder produces nicely until maybe the last two seasons. Probably looking at our dh for the foreseeable future. That should help reduce the wear and tear on his body and help him produce longer. Choo, we're gonna be eating some salary on Choo to dump him in three more years.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fielder produces nicely until maybe the last two seasons. Probably looking at our dh for the foreseeable future. That should help reduce the wear and tear on his body and help him produce longer. Choo, we're gonna be eating some salary on Choo to dump him in three more years.
As long as enough of our prospects come up and play well so that we don't need any big money free agents we can afford to eat both contracts eventually, but that is a huge gamble to take. We do have enough guys in the pipeline that we can afford to have a bust or two as long as one of them isn't Gallo. I just hope those two big contracts don't keep us from being able to extend Darvish. That would be a shame.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guthrie is about one pitch away from taking his team out of this game.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mitch really should be a head of Josh. It's a day game and Josh has blue eyes. And they got in to Cleveland at 3AM. Actually, idk when Josh got there.

Ryan said Ty Cobb had blue eyes and he did pretty good for himself and that's before lights were instituted.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as enough of our prospects come up and play well so that we don't need any big money free agents we can afford to eat both contracts eventually, but that is a huge gamble to take. We do have enough guys in the pipeline that we can afford to have a bust or two as long as one of them isn't Gallo. I just hope those two big contracts don't keep us from being able to extend Darvish. That would be a shame.

No way would I let that keep us from extending Darvish. You might cut salary somewhere else, but Darvish ain't it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan said Ty Cobb had blue eyes and he did pretty good for himself and that's before lights were instituted.

It was a joke at Josh's excuse for not being able to hit worth a fuck in day games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Royals, we got a couple of pitchers you might be interested in come the trade deadline. Just get back to is at your convenience.