• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers try to Progress to .500 ball in Cleveland.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin 8, Choo 9, Fielder DH, Beltre 5, Hamilton 7, Moreland 3, Andrus 6, Corporan 2, Field 4

DDJ with a day off. Corporan with consecutive games starting.
This looks to be their line up against RHP's...and I may be in the minority as one that is fine with platooning CF and C

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Scott Lucas,

ESPN's Keith Law ranked Gallo 8th and Mazara 12th in his updated prospect rankings, up from 11th and 31st, respectively, at the beginning of the season.

That's a hell of a jump for Mazara.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks to be their line up against RHP's...and I may be in the minority as one that is fine with platooning CF and C

Let's see what Martin does. If he can get back to laying a bunt down for a base hit, this may work fine. Good news is, if someone tries to LOOGY us, we can at least pinch DDJ.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is excited about tonight's game as they have a shot at getting to the .500 mark again!!! And this is before the reinforcement of LH starters come back potentially giving us a huge shot in the arm!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While not in favor of strict platoons, I'd all in favor of Martin getting his occasional start against RHPs, at this point he's the odd man out, DDJ has earned the day off

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Without getting into whether he should be traded or not has Fielder become tradeable again? If he keeps this kind of production up or something similar throughout this season will his contract be tradeable after this season?

Will be interesting to see where Rua plays during rehab. Don't think there is a race to get either Odor or Rua back to the active roster. (I think) Rua has to be optioned to Round Rock ... don't think that can happen until he's off the DL ... but that would indicate what TEX near term thoughts are for Rua.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin 8, Choo 9, Fielder DH, Beltre 5, Hamilton 7, Moreland 3, Andrus 6, Corporan 2, Field 4

Would have liked to see Josh 'earn' the #5 spot rather than having Mitch having to drop down. True, may be that management believes Josh will see better pitches if Moreland keeps hitting. Just don't want Mitch to have to watch the big open Hamilton swing at the David Murphy out pitch.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alberto Callaspo appears to be on the verge of being DFA by the Braves after he nixed a trade to the Dodgers. Would you guys think he'd be a good pick up? He could probably play 2nd.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wandy is starting, so it's expected.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering his lack of power whatsoever to this point, the rest of the numbers look good though
That was my thought too. I guess Law is impressed enough by the rest of his game that he jumped him that high inspite of his lower power numbers.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alberto Callaspo appears to be on the verge of being DFA by the Braves after he nixed a trade to the Dodgers. Would you guys think he'd be a good pick up? He could probably play 2nd.
he has the ability to nix any trade before June 15th so I don't think they will DFA him when they can just trade him where ever they wants after that date. Although the same thought entered my mind until I read that part...still could be an interesting trade to think about.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think so. Would not rank Callaspo ahead of Field (or Lucas) offensively and not close defensively to either. Another example of LAA overpaying players on the hope they will pan out. Traded by LAA to OAK for Grant Green kinda puts his effectiveness in perspective.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see where Rua plays during rehab. Don't think there is a race to get either Odor or Rua back to the active roster. (I think) Rua has to be optioned to Round Rock ... don't think that can happen until he's off the DL ... but that would indicate what TEX near term thoughts are for Rua.

Rua wasn't doing much before he got hurt, and once healed I'm not sure that he brings anything to table better than what they're running out there right now.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rua wasn't doing much before he got hurt, and once healed I'm not sure that he brings anything to table better than what they're running out there right now.

Agree ... but note that when he went to the DL other than Prince ... nobody was producing.

My point was that when he rehabs what position(s) does he rehab in. When eligible to come off the DL ... as a position player he has two weeks (I believe) after which TEX has to decide to activate him to the active roster ... or option him.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an extremely small sample size though. 17 ABs. He had just went 3-5 with a double the day before he got hurt. He did produce last year in a much bigger sample size and he produced in ST.