• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers try to Progress to .500 ball in Cleveland.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corpy as times has looked okay, but his overall record is awful. His first two ABs he made 2 outs on four pitches. I blocked out the rest of his day.

He did throw out Kipnis though and that was nice.

What's he's doing as a backup catcher is fine, but due to Chirinos' equally bad play, Corpy is getting more ABs than maybe he should

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's he's doing as a backup catcher is fine, but due to Chirinos' equally bad play, Corpy is getting more ABs than maybe he should

Exactly. We don't have a starting catcher. We have two back up catchers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't hear or see yesterday that Feliz was put on the DL, just read that

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means trying to drum up support for Andrus but who would have thought that on May 26th that Andrus would have more RBIs than Beltre.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some interesting observations by the national guys provided this morning by Jamey Newberg.

There was the Jon Morosi (Fox Sports) tweet late in the morning yesterday, in which the national columnist thought out loud that he could “[e]asily see [Texas] becoming a Wild Card contender.”

Then, just as yesterday’s Rangers-Indians series opener got rolling, after Prince Fielder and Adrian Beltre preceded Josh Hamilton’s return moment with a pair of bombs, Jon Heyman (CBS Sports) suggested: “[T]hink Rangers may surprise some folks. Prince hitting like .350. Some pitchers on [the] way back. Under the radar team.”

This morning, Buster Olney (ESPN): “Rangers’ current focus and investment in each other really stands out — starts with Beltre, Fielder. Dangerous team.”

Dangerous.

Under the radar.

Contender.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers now 4th in the AL in runs and 5th in HRs

Amazing. Some of that power is gone in Pegs who just bottomed out and Blanks on the DL. But Hamilton will hit some in time to take up that slack.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing drainage at Dell Diamond in Round Rock.

11143236_10153507879458243_8926304312819535043_n.jpg

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me, but I think it's pointless to start labeling this team on May 26th. Let's get through June and July, then we can start all that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me, but I think it's pointless to start labeling this team on May 26th. Let's get through June and July, then we can start all that.
You are probably right, but that is a part of being a fan. Some will live and die with every pitch and every at bat. I don't do that, but I understand that is how some fans are. Just in reading the in game dialog on here on a daily basis you would think we were in the middle of a World Series every single game. Some of us will try to gauge along the way, even this early, what this team is and what it is becoming. These type of reactions and thoughts may be pointless and even premature, but it is a fun part of being a fan.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, but that is a part of being a fan. Some will live and die with every pitch and every at bat. I don't do that, but I understand that is how some fans are. Just in reading the in game dialog on here on a daily basis you would think we were in the middle of a World Series every single game. Some of us will try to gauge along the way, even this early, what this team is and what it is becoming. These type of reactions and thoughts may be pointless and even premature, but it is a fun part of being a fan.

Yeah, but it's media guys labeling the team. That's who I was referring to. Fans, I get. I mean, just look at all the ups and downs we've had in 2 months in these threads (Magadan, DDJ, Choo, etc).

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it's media guys labeling the team. That's who I was referring to. Fans, I get. I mean, just look at all the ups and downs we've had in 2 months in these threads (Magadan, DDJ, Choo, etc).
Absolutely agree. Plenty of time to start labeling.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its labeling than it is pointing out that some people need to get their stuff together, Martin/DDJ eing mental midgets, DDJ has worked on that, Martin really hasn't done much, Choo needing to fix whatever was wrong with his swing, and he has somewhat done that, but still a hole there, but at least he's getting luckier now too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media remains the biggest problem watching sports for me. Very little accountability and will only get worse. An opinion based on an opinion describes many fans today

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get paid to do those sort of things though. They label in spring training and before so they are certainly going to label on Memorial Day. Besides, if you are going to use a term like "under the radar" you certainly can't wait until they are on the radar. Olney's label as us being "dangerous" doesn't seem too premature to me. This team is currently very dangerous. Now, if that will continue is a whole different topic. Even Morosi said he could "easily see this team becoming a Wild Card contender" and not that they were presently a Wild Card contender.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't long ago there was a call from a few to send Choo packing, and eat $50 million in the process. Bench Elvis, embarrass him, do whatever is necessary, to get his head back in the game. Prince was never going to get his power back, came from a few corners. Why was DeShields even on the 25 man roster? And on and on.

Amazing what a little hot streak will do to adjust our attitudes isn't it?

I am still in favor of giving EA a loud wake up call. But I'm not necessarily on board with the "embarrassment" factor. But maybe, now the team is playing better around him, this will be all the wake-up call he needs.