• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers trek to Minnesota for a 4 game set - 8/3 thru 8/6

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to pick up our toys and go home

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to Colon.:noidea:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have forgotten about that WC. No way imo

I was thinking a sweep of the Twinkies might get them back into the conversation, but I think the games against the Orioles essentially did this team in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why we should've got more for him. A little disappointed in the FO on this one.

Market was what the market was. We don't know anything about how or why things broke the way they did. I would've liked to see us a do a little better in the pitching department too though. Would've easily taken one of their better pitching prospects over Calhoun, although I like Calhoun.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays, Yankees, Royals, O's all lost. Had a chance to pick up a game on quite a few WC teams tonight.

The wildcard was a false hope weeks ago. This team can't even beat mid-level competition, they would be absolutely embarrassed in the postseason.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice opening show for Darvish and the Dodgers.

I really won't be cheering for or against him. Just accept whatever happens.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never for the Dodgers

Was it Yu (ha ha ha...my weak attempt at humor)that said earlier, "the Dodgers are the Yankees of the NL?" Pretty much how I feel too.

But today, I was thinking about Darvish and if he does have a good rest of the year with them, he'd be a fool to come back here if money is even close.

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Yu (ha ha ha...my weak attempt at humor)that said earlier, "the Dodgers are the Yankees of the NL?" Pretty much how I feel too.

But today, I was thinking about Darvish and if he does have a good rest of the year with them, he'd be a fool to come back here if money is even close.

I think there is zero chance he comes back now

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They haven't won a World Series since the 80s I think. That doesn't sound very Yankee like to me. They also don't seem to have a penchant for stealing everyone else's best players. That was the one thing that I couldn't stand about the "George Steinbrenner" yankees. It seemed like they got everyone else's best players without even trying.

The dodgers seem to be mostly homegrown, but admittedly I haven't followed them closely. They just don't seem to be as easy to hate as the Yankees of the past.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't won a World Series since the 80s I think. That doesn't sound very Yankee like to me. They also don't seem to have a penchant for stealing everyone else's best players. That was the one thing that I couldn't stand about the "George Steinbrenner" yankees. It seemed like they got everyone else's best players without even trying.

The dodgers seem to be mostly homegrown, but admittedly I haven't followed them closely. They just don't seem to be as easy to hate as the Yankees of the past.

Several things. First, they have championship banners flying and we don't. Like it or not, that's a burden for all players here until we remedy this situation. Second, it's not stealing in any context. But you're somewhat correct, in that they did get a lot of players b/c players like winning, and they won a lot. Third, an for the record, I hate the Yankees a lot more than them.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things. First, they have championship banners flying and we don't. Like it or not, that's a burden for all players here until we remedy this situation. Second, it's not stealing in any context. But you're somewhat correct, in that they did get a lot of players b/c players like winning, and they won a lot. Third, an for the record, I hate the Yankees a lot more than them.

I used the word " stealing" in their case because it was so easy for them to acquire those players that they might as well have done so. If we take out all of the free agency acquisitions, they were still very annoying. It seemed like they'd always get the guy they wanted at the trade deadline every year and not have to give up too much.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely no way to predict what'll happen with Darvish. Let's not forget Cliff Lee, who chose less money and a much less competitive team when he signed his big deal.