• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Toronto For Three Games July 26-28

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 thru 9 in the batting order 0 for 12 so far today. Shouldn’t even think about buying.
And only one walk at the end of the gene
I wonder if Smith is tiring out too

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments of fans and commentators:
Lowe homered he is coming out of it
That is Garcia's second hit. He must have found his stroke.
After going 1-18, Semien is coming out of it.
Heim is due to snap out of it anytime.

This team is flat and needs help wheather it be now or next season. They are not coming out of what ever they are in.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be the best argument to buy in some ways. but the whole lineup from 1 thru 9 has quit today. they made Gausman throw 53 pitches thru the 1st 3 innings and then quit. he has thrown a total of 29 pitches in the 4th thru 7th innings
Marcus is doing well and at least Adolis is battling
Wyatt is a hard luck hitter

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever fixed Tyler Phillips needs a big raise.
Maybe it was himself. But I always liked him.
We really need to strike our own pitching gold and more than a reliever.

I think Bradford will be a solid rotation piece next year or maybe later this season

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world is that bench or bench construction supposed to take the bulk of the blame for the mediocre play of the Rangers??

Th bench did not help but Duran was sent down for non production and Smith a bench player has done his part
I am not big on Kisner but he plays only a little and evidently they like the way he catches over Huff but Heim has had a bad year compared to last year. The sam can be said about many players
We have Josh Smith batting 3rd and a rookie 4th
Below that they have stunk and took a step backwards. Maybe they overcelebrated. I have no clue

But our Pitching has done well. Much improvement mainly thepen A fill in starter Urena has done great and in retrospect should have started over Lorenson who has been terrible lately. That is on Bochy
We lost JUNG and Carter so we. Ow have fill in bench guys

For being so in touch with the Rangers which you are your gripes about the bench are shortsighted

The starters have not hit. This is the issue

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me yesterday was the worst loss of the year

I hope the team and front office sees that

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give the board this. If we sell o do hope we let some young bats play daily and sit or IL some of the Vets to se what we might have next year

And I do hope we don’t trade Duran

Good morning

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world is that bench or bench construction supposed to take the bulk of the blame for the mediocre play of the Rangers??

Th bench did not help but Duran was sent down for non production and Smith a bench player has done his part
I am not big on Kisner but he plays only a little and evidently they like the way he catches over Huff but Heim has had a bad year compared to last year. The sam can be said about many players
We have Josh Smith batting 3rd and a rookie 4th
Below that they have stunk and took a step backwards. Maybe they overcelebrated. I have no clue

But our Pitching has done well. Much improvement mainly thepen A fill in starter Urena has done great and in retrospect should have started over Lorenson who has been terrible lately. That is on Bochy
We lost JUNG and Carter so we. Ow have fill in bench guys

For being so in touch with the Rangers which you are your gripes about the bench are shortsighted

The starters have not hit. This is the issue
Duran went down for lack of hitting and Smith was forced to become a starter. Do you think Grossman Jank Hill and Kninzer were an adequate bench? They cost greatly for lack of performance when needed. Players need a day off and this bench could not produce support.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments of fans and commentators:
Lowe homered he is coming out of it
That is Garcia's second hit. He must have found his stroke.
After going 1-18, Semien is coming out of it.
Heim is due to snap out of it anytime.

This team is flat and needs help wheather it be now or next season. They are not coming out of what ever they are in.
Dave Raymond drives me nuts.
His compliments and other comments are the kiss of death lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran went down for lack of hitting and Smith was forced to become a starter. Do you think Grossman Jank Hill and Kninzer were an adequate bench? They cost greatly for lack of performance when needed. Players need a day off and this bench could not produce support.
A bench of Duran Smith Kizner and Jank should have been ok
But injuries hurt and Duran underperformed and Jank did too who yes should be let go and ultimately Leody should be on the bench if Carter can get healthy
Grossman was an add on and never was intended to be that long term bench but the batting issues are on the starters.

To me that is obvious but of course just an opinion

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But injuries hurt and Duran underperformed and Jank did too who yes should be let go and ultimately Leody should be on the bench if Carter can get healthy
Grossman was an add on and never was intended to be that long term bench but the batting issues are on the starters.

Issues are on starters agree. That is why we have a bench. Example is Smith coming off the bench to support 3rd base. That move weakened the bench. Garcia needed rest from injury. Jank was not who we needed for Garcia but neither was Grossman but that was the only choices. If we can not have a better bench than we have little hope. CY has to take responsibility for giving starters the best support off the bench and has failed. P.S. No to Leody.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jamey Newberg:

Duran is someone I would ask about if I were another team. But I do think he has the potential to be the position player equivalent of Cole Ragans, and the idea of moving him in less than a very big deal makes me a little nervous. He just needs to find some consistency and do a better job of playing within himself and not getting too big.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give the board this. If we sell o do hope we let some young bats play daily and sit or IL some of the Vets to se what we might have next year

And I do hope we don’t trade Duran

Good morning
Duran is one of the few tradeable pieces that might bring us a worthy return. Grossman, Knizner, Taveras wouldn't bring us a bag of scuffed up batting practice balls

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem I see is the team is below .500 vs the west and SEA and HOU are above .500.
On the other hand HOU as a division leader is only 6 games above .500 overall, which is not dominant like a Baltimore or Philly etc which are 20 games or more over .500

Replace Grossman with Rooker and the lineup looks a lot better and he can be the DH in his prime while under team control thru 2027.

What do you give up for him though and what do the A’s want? That’s the 64,000 dollar question.

Or do you just go with shuffling the line up with what’s in the organization, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duran and Smith should have been ok. Kninzer and Jank were never going to be ok. Starters can’t play every day, that’s where the bench comes in. And sometimes you’re going need someone to come off the bench to pinch hit. Here’s the bench’s batting average.105, .148, .207 and 236. Not including Foscue because he’s only been here for a few games, but his is not good either. I wouldn’t want any of them pinch hitting.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is the team is below .500 vs the west and SEA and HOU are above .500.
On the other hand HOU as a division leader is only 6 games above .500 overall, which is not dominant like a Baltimore or Philly etc which are 20 games or more over .500

Replace Grossman with Rooker and the lineup looks a lot better and he can be the DH in his prime while under team control thru 2027.

What do you give up for him though and what do the A’s want? That’s the 64,000 dollar question.

Or do you just go with shuffling the line up with what’s in the organization, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best?
We must replace Grossman Knizer Traveras and Jank with better players. Bring up Huff before he grows to old to play. He should play or be traded.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our starters have struggled offensively this season. Now, what can be done. about that? Is it just a down year, a downward trend, or was their success in the past more of a fluke?

As we saw with a young guy like Smith, sometimes it takes young guys awhile to get established and start producing. Duran is still in that category. Carter, Jung, Langford, and Foscue are certainly in that category. They simply need patience.

Guys like Taveras, Heim, Lowe, and Garcia are the ones CY and company have to make decisions about. To right this ship, one or more of those guys may have to be demoted or replaced, either now or in the offseason. A decision about Semien may be a year or two down the road, as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Gray injury. Should we move him?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

Ezequiel Duran is hitting .450/.476/1.100 with a double and four homers in five games at Albuquerque. Yes, Albuquerque, where pitches flatten and balls soar, and The Isotopes' pitching is dreadful. That said, Duran's exit/angle combos indicate his homers could have left any park, and nine of his 16 balls in play were at least 95 MPH. Meanwhile, Blaine Crim is making up for months of bad luck on balls in play, hitting a rec-softball-worthy .667/.706/1.133 this week.

SP Jack Leiter: 5 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 1 HBP, 3 SO, 90 P / 55 S, 3.72 ERA

Jack Leiter picked the wrong venue to strike out fewer than usual, but he escaped without excessive damage, which is all I care about in these instances. The park-adjusted league average runs allowed per nine innings in ABQ is 7.2, which would be four runs in five innings.