• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Petersburg for the Best of Three Wild Card Series with the Rays October 3-5

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More concerned what offense does.
They are Jekyll and Hyde. I don't know if I have ever seen a team so lacking at depth at 1st base as the Rangers to the point they can never sit Lowe. Wish Garver could play it and let Duran play once in a while instead of Lowe.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the way Taveras performs at the plate I could see using Duran in LF and Carter in CF. Duran has not been allowed to have a slump without it putting him in the doghouse. Several others have been allowed to play through very prolonged, deep slumps.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Evan mentioned was a probability, yesterday.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the way Taveras performs at the plate I could see using Duran in LF and Carter in CF. Duran has not been allowed to have a slump without it putting him in the doghouse. Several others have been allowed to play through very prolonged, deep slumps.
I think the same could be said for playing Duran once in a while for Jung or Garver. Jung has had no plate discipline at all and I love the guy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB_IMG_1696276004265.jpg

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Rangers have to come out with their playoff roster.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are Jekyll and Hyde. I don't know if I have ever seen a team so lacking at depth at 1st base as the Rangers to the point they can never sit Lowe. Wish Garver could play it and let Duran play once in a while instead of Lowe.
It amazing me that certain players don’t get days off, no matter how bad they’re doing at the plate. Hopefully having Monday off will benefit some of the players.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Evan Grant has been busy the last few hours on Twitter defending the Rangers from charges of choking and premature celebration.

It isn't that they choked. Their offense has had this tendency to fall asleep for long periods of time over too much of the season to call doing so, "choking." How they played against Seattle has become a large part of their identity. They have had that identity since early June. They are prone to go into very deep prolonged slumps, as a team, offensively. It is who they are.

Now, why they are that way is a question that the front office must find the answer for, and must fix. If they don't, then all of next year will be like the last three and a half months plus have been.

You are not choking when you are doing what you have proven you are prone to do.
Actually going back to Thursdays game I put that totally on Bochy. By now he would understand that pitching Chapman on back to back nights poses a huge risk. Then to make matters worse he let him pitch to the third batter which turned out to be a fiasco of a walk.
I don’t even have a problem with team only scoring 2 runs. This happens a lot with many teams playing playoff type series late in the year. The Astros just beat the DBacks with scores of 2-1 and 1-0. Pitching wins most games at this time of the year. We all know this.
Yeah I was very disappointed with the offense yesterday. Don’t know if they were gassed mentally along the combination of good Seattle pitching. What I know is that we had a decent chance of not having to worry about yesterdays game if Bochy just would have stuck with Leclerc in the 9th after the 9 pitch 8th.
This Mgr has done this numerous times this year knowing the risk. I know we don’t have a good bullpen and it’s not all on Bochy.
Just about everyone on this board who I respect their opinions knew that Chapman should not have been in there.
That game did me in with Bochy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually going back to Thursdays game I put that totally on Bochy. By now he would understand that pitching Chapman on back to back nights poses a huge risk. Then to make matters worse he let him pitch to the third batter which turned out to be a fiasco of a walk.
I don’t even have a problem with team only scoring 2 runs. This happens a lot with many teams playing playoff type series late in the year. The Astros just beat the DBacks with scores of 2-1 and 1-0. Pitching wins most games at this time of the year. We all know this.
Yeah I was very disappointed with the offense yesterday. Don’t know if they were gassed mentally along the combination of good Seattle pitching. What I know is that we had a decent chance of not having to worry about yesterdays game if Bochy just would have stuck with Leclerc in the 9th after the 9 pitch 8th.
This Mgr has done this numerous times this year knowing the risk. I know we don’t have a good bullpen and it’s not all on Bochy.
Just about everyone on this board who I respect their opinions knew that Chapman should not have been in there.
That game did me in with Bochy.
I don't know if the team was choking or not but the offense struggled in all but 1 game. There could be a combination of things with one we do have a lot of young players with Taveras, Jung, Carter and guys coming off of injuries in Heim and Jung and I am not sure how up to par Seager is. We also need to be more selective at the plate.
But when it comes right down to it our BP is what kicked our butts this year. If we could do it all over again I do not trade Ragans for Chapman. Chapman started off great which really surprised me but the disaster he can be showed up eventually. And the BP goes all the way to the top.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the team was choking or not but the offense struggled in all but 1 game. There could be a combination of things with one we do have a lot of young players with Taveras, Jung, Carter and guys coming off of injuries in Heim and Jung and I am not sure how up to par Seager is. We also need to be more selective at the plate.
But when it comes right down to it our BP is what kicked our butts this year. If we could do it all over again I do not trade Ragans for Chapman. Chapman started off great which really surprised me but the disaster he can be showed up eventually. And the BP goes all the way to the top.
We had to many major obstacles to overcome this season. Injury almost wiped out the starting rotation not to mention all of the position players. All of it placed to much pressure on the team to overcome. P.S. Did not even mention the horrible BP.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed it too but that’s the way Seager handles questions that put him on the spot. I’ve seen him do it before. It means nothing. He’s smart enough not to create controversy.
Good response.