• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Louis For Three Games July 29-31

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book is out on him. Swing is too long. Really struggles with the mental part of the game. He also can't throw out runners.

Framing is his only plus metric.

I like him but Rangers need a better starting catcher.
He would make a terrific backup catcher for us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heim's 2023 season seems to have been a huge outlier, as he has never had another season close to that, offensively.
That's true. Was hoping he had figured something out and it would continue.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we can not keep Leody Garcia and Lowe. Heim needs to be reassessed

Hope he has a 50 59 split with Kelly to see if fstigue is a factor

Do think Duran should get some regular time in RF and LF when Wyatt needs a break or in CF
Nit realistic but like Smith to play SS half the time
Let Adolis and Corey split DH
If we dare further being a guy up like Harris to play OF if Leody will be 4th OF and Adolis is at DH alot

I am not worried about Marcus for now or Corey bat

Just my thoughts ahead

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about Marcus for now or Corey bat
If he stays true to form, Semien will be fine next year. Then look out for 2026.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he has a 50 59 split with Kelly to see if fstigue is a factor
I don't think fatigue is a factor unless Heim is not in the best of shape. He has had an OPS under .650 every month this year. His July OPS, though really bad, was an improvement over June. His 2024 monthly OPS figures are the following:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MISSED GAME: For some reason the Hoop locked me out again. Be aware getting back in is a nightmare. Becareful!!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WS was won with some talent and and considerable amount of luck.
This year we still have some talent but odds say the luck will not be considerable.
It is wrong to think you can repeat when you can not consistantly score runs.
CY should have recognized this. Names in the line up can look good on past performance but can be deceiving in the present. That is where we are.
We have run completely out of performance and LUCK

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are mathematically still in the race but the eye test says this is not a playoff team

It is not that easy to flip the light switch

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are mathematically still in the race but the eye test says this is not a playoff team

Fact

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So surprised to see the score 10-1 in another loss. Hits must have come hard since runs were nonexistance

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

Another solid rehab for Mahle in Round Rock. 2nd inning was a little catawampus (walk, 2 doubles) and they had a JIC warming in haste. But he got through it and the rest was a breeze. Sugar Land stared at 28 FBs, 17 were strikes ‍

20240731_203054.jpg

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo Guerrero was just promoted to Down East and promptly hit his first HR there, tonight, on his 18th birthday.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tepid:

1BB/9K in 5ip today for Hickory’s Alejandro Rosario. 7BB/39K in 23.2ip since his promotion to High-A. On the year, his first in pro ball, AR sports a 2.42 ERA and 12BB/108K in 70.2ip. I’m tryin’ to tell ya.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tepid:

1BB/9K in 5ip today for Hickory’s Alejandro Rosario. 7BB/39K in 23.2ip since his promotion to High-A. On the year, his first in pro ball, AR sports a 2.42 ERA and 12BB/108K in 70.2ip. I’m tryin’ to tell ya.
Somebody commented that they can't wait to trade him for Ryan Dempster next year. Lol

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Exactly your spot on with the eye test. Just want CY to right this ship and make much better moves especially with the bench.
Hopefully Tavares will be moved and absolutely Lowe,Garcia and Heim should be re-evaluated with their future as Rangers.
Bradford should be starting now to see if he can get back into form pre injury. Want to see how Mahle does as a starter and lastly can Degrom get back mid August to bring him along slowly.
I like Jon Gray but preferably as a reliever at this point in his career.
I hope Eovaldi is still a Ranger next year but I think the Rangers will need to sign a decent starter or acquire via trade in the offseason because there are too many questions marks with most of the starters.
My hunch is that a starter will emerge from RR next year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Garver on his struggles this season:

"It's probably the hardest I've ever had to grind. This is by far the worst I've ever played in my career. Tough on myself and my family with the death threats, the 'retire' and 'you suck' and '****ing kill yourself' and all that ****. It's getting old. The only way I change it is if I play better, but it's like continuing right now. So the worse, I play more here. And rightfully so. I'm not playing well."

"I've already accepted the fact that I'm not going to hit above .200 this year. And I don't know. It might not get better. Who knows? Maybe it just gets worse. I don't know. But I show up to the field every day prepared to play, prepared to get better and work hard and control what I can control. And the people out there that say certain things they say whatever they want. I think I bring a lot to this team."

"I've never quit anything. Certainly, not going to quit this. They're gonna have to rip the jersey off my back. That's fine. That's an easy way out. I could happily retire right now, go home and live a great life with my family. That's not what I do. I made a two-year commitment to this team. They believe in me, my teammates believe in me. So it's a matter of just making it click and when it does good things will happen."

That is an awful way to treat a player.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

"It's probably the hardest I've ever had to grind. This is by far the worst I've ever played in my career. Tough on myself and my family with the death threats, the 'retire' and 'you suck' and '****ing kill yourself' and all that ****. It's getting old. The only way I change it is if I play better, but it's like continuing right now. So the worse, I play more here. And rightfully so. I'm not playing well."

"I've already accepted the fact that I'm not going to hit above .200 this year. And I don't know. It might not get better. Who knows? Maybe it just gets worse. I don't know. But I show up to the field every day prepared to play, prepared to get better and work hard and control what I can control. And the people out there that say certain things they say whatever they want. I think I bring a lot to this team."

"I've never quit anything. Certainly, not going to quit this. They're gonna have to rip the jersey off my back. That's fine. That's an easy way out. I could happily retire right now, go home and live a great life with my family. That's not what I do. I made a two-year commitment to this team. They believe in me, my teammates believe in me. So it's a matter of just making it click and when it does good things will happen."

That’s awful that he’s being treated like that. Absolutely crazy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's sad. Fans take sports way too seriously. It is not life and death.