• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Louis For Three Games July 29-31

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just irritates me that Bradford is coming out of the pen. Should let him keep starting at AAA to build his stamina up and put him back as a starter. Now it looks like that will not happen this year.
Exactly, he needed another start or two in the minors to build up to being a starter. This team justvdoes not know how to develop pitchers or handle a pitching staff. As well as Bradford pitched in April, there should have been no thought of him coming back as a reliever.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Jonah Heim currently ranks dead last of the 67 qualifying players in the AL in wRC+. Had the least impact on scoring runs of any regular.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me repeat myself based upon what I said in Heaney's last start. Put him in the pen.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinal pitcher making mlb debut looks like Greg Maddox against us.

Of course he does.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read yesterday that the biggest deficit the Rangers have come back to win from, is 3 runs, and that happened way back in April.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Garcia, Heim, and Lowe on the team has to be evaluated after the season. Senien is just as big of a culprit, but his contract will keep him on the field here for at least 2 more years.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Garcia, Heim, and Lowe on the team has to be evaluated after the season. Senien is just as big of a culprit, but his contract will keep him on the field here for at least 2 more years.
I think Lowe has been ok. But he won't be a Ranger next year if he wants 10 mil.

Heim had a career 1st half last year but overall is a below average C.

Tavares will not be back.

Garcia, unfortunately, likely plays one more season for Texas. Can't be worse than he already is so nowhere to go but up I guess.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran needs to play a lot so we can see if he can be a starter next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers did have three hard hit balls go for outs that inning amd Smith had a hard hit ball that went for an out lat inning.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical performance by our "major league" team. rookie pitcher making his first start is dominating them to the note of 1 hit and 1 walk after 5 innings against this sorry ass team who has no guts. DFA the whole bunch except the kids, fire CY and Bochy and bring in a HS coach to manage

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant :

Just went back through wRC+ numbers from today vs. one year ago by position. Every Rangers position, with exception of 3B, is down at least 20 points.

The catching position is down an astounding 55 points from 120 in 2023 to 65 entering today. It's been abominable.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys want this season to be over.

They have checked out

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lowe has been ok. But he won't be a Ranger next year if he wants 10 mil.

Heim had a career 1st half last year but overall is a below average C.

Tavares will not be back.

Garcia, unfortunately, likely plays one more season for Texas. Can't be worse than he already is so nowhere to go but up I guess.
Hate to see Heim struggling. I don't care when he supposedly did what last year, the end result was 18 HRs and 95 RBIs. He started off alright this year and has really had a rough time since. Was really pulling for the guy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked ahead to these last 4 series I thought the Rangers would go 6-7. They went 7-6. I think I underestimated the ineptness of the White Sox. Lol

Thanks a lot to the Astros and the Mariners for failing just enough to keep CY from selling in a sellers market. That is sarcasm of course.

I am not sure what the future holds for this team, but we really need some new leadership that will help these guys to not be satisfied with a WS from the past. There are so many offensive parts that have failed that it is hard to know what to do. You can hope for the best and hope they rebound. You can try to replace 2 or 3 guys and hope that is enough. Or, you could tear the thing down and have a mini-rebuild.

If we had been sellers, and if CY could actually have made good trades, then we would have had enough goid prospects to trade for needed pieces and possibly use one or two of thise new prospects to right the ship rathet quickly.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see Heim struggling. I don't care when he supposedly did what last year, the end result was 18 HRs and 95 RBIs. He started off alright this year and has really had a rough time since. Was really pulling for the guy.
The book is out on him. Swing is too long. Really struggles with the mental part of the game. He also can't throw out runners.

Framing is his only plus metric.

I like him but Rangers need a better starting catcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes exactly but Bochy is too stubborn
CY needs to sit down with Bochy soon and say Huff is coming up and I want him starting 3 or 4 games a week, at least. If Bochy balks at that, it night be time for him to hit the road. The same needs to happen with Duran, except he needs to play almost all the time.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked ahead to these last 4 series I thought the Rangers would go 6-7. They went 7-6. I think I underestimated the ineptness of the White Sox. Lol

Thanks a lot to the Astros and the Mariners for failing just enough to keep CY from selling in a sellers market. That is sarcasm of course.

I am not sure what the future holds for this team, but we really need some new leadership that will help these guys to not be satisfied with a WS from the past. There are so many offensive parts that have failed that it is hard to know what to do. You can hope for the best and hope they rebound. You can try to replace 2 or 3 guys and hope that is enough. Or, you could tear the thing down and have a mini-rebuild.

If we had been sellers, and if CY could actually have made good trades, then we would have had enough goid prospects to trade for needed pieces and possibly use one or two of thise new prospects to right the ship rathet quickly.
The offensive catalyst that pulled this team out of the mire last year is out for the season.

Not to mention our 1/2 a billion middle infield are having really down years.

Our starting CF wouldn't be starting on 90% of other mlb teams.

And our starting RF is the worst everyday position player in the league for almost 3 full months now.

A ton has gone wrong for this team this season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heim's 2023 season seems to have been a huge outlier, as he has never had another season close to that, offensively.