• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to NY to Meet the Mets for 3 Games August 28-30

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure I trust Leody with the game on the line. These constant strikeouts when contact is needed shows me a lack of poise and game intelligence maybe even skill and not just Leody

Got a little lucky with Lowe but at least he makes contact. A little less GBs please.
We had many aline drive caught and more hits

We deserved the win

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure I trust Leody with the game on the line. These constant strikeouts when contact is needed shows me a lack of poise and game intelligence maybe even skill and not just Leody

Got a little lucky with Lowe but at least he makes contact. A little less GBs please.
We had many aline drive caught and more hits

We deserved the win
Leody has out lived his time with the Rangers. He must go.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hit the link on this one

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see what happened at Coors field when 2 fans ran onto the field and went after Ronald Acuna. Crazy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current playoff odds are at 68.7% (down from 88% just a week ago). Where that number goes from here, whether it keeps plummeting to 0% or rises back up, depends squarely on how the Blue Jays play from here on out.

We all know the Rangers aren’t reverting back to first half form any time soon. But if their historically awful bullpen could just improve even like 5% to where they are just regular amount of awful, and if the lineup could even score just 1 more lousy run per game, they might be able to hold on by a thread if the Blue Jays have any kind of losing streak.

Of course then the argument becomes that they will get swept in the playoffs anyway even if they do manage to find a way in. But I’ll worry about that when that day comes. Even a first round sweep wouldn’t be the worst thing ever, as it would give Ray Davis a few extra bucks and some of the young players a few games of playoff exposure.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hit the link on this one
Certainly there is enough blame to go around to many players and coaches for this free fall into oblivion. But that guy pictured there is one of the biggest reasons why they’ve fallen as far as they have. First half of the season he was an absolute beast and a threat every time at bat. He was among the league leaders in HR and RBI at one time. Now, he’s almost an automatic out and has turned into Joey Gallo part 2.

Honorable mention goes to Leody, who for a while was one of the best 9-hole hitters in baseball. Now he’s one of the absolute worst.

Those 2 guys falling apart at the seams and losing Josh Jung accounts for not all, but a huge chunk of our missing offense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a first round sweep wouldn’t be the worst thing ever
That is where we disagree. As a fan, I got my fill of poor playoff results in the late 90s. Not to mention the last couple with the Blue Jays. Making the playoffs and performing poorly would do absolutely nothing for me. I do understand most would disagree with me, but that has been my thinking for the last 24 years.

Last edited:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where we disagree. As a fan, I got my fill of poor playoff results in the late 90s. Not to mention the last couple with the Blue Jays. Making the playoffs and perdorming poorly would do absolutely nothing for me. I do understand most would disagree with me, but that has been my thinking for the last 24 years.
Oh trust me, for me as a fan in general, I agree. It wouldn’t make me happy to see yet another first round sweep. But if given the choice between missing the playoffs entirely and making the playoffs and getting bounced, I’m sure Ray Davis and the entire team would reluctantly choose the playoff defeat over nothing at all.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it’s quite ironic that Cody Bellinger keeps getting talked about on here because his career is the PERFECT metaphor for our season.

His career started off at (literally) an MVP level. He was the toast of baseball and could do no wrong. Then, out of nowhere, his career careened off a cliff, and he could do no right. For 2+ straight seasons he couldn’t even do the basics correctly. He couldn’t hit .200. He got booed off the field and then ultimately benched. Dodgers fans gave up on him and said his career was over and he was the worst player in baseball. The Dodgers finally cut bait as well.

Now all of a sudden he’s remembered how to play baseball again 3 years later and he’s the fan favorite in Chicago. Same guy. From great to laughably awful to great again.

That’s why I say there’s a difference between saying we are a terrible team and we are a terrible team RIGHT NOW. They’re the same guys who were once upon a time great for 4 months.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh trust me, for me as a fan in general, I agree. It wouldn’t make me happy to see yet another first round sweep. But if given the choice between missing the playoffs entirely and making the playoffs and getting bounced, I’m sure Ray Davis and the entire team would reluctantly choose the playoff defeat over nothing at all.
what I see if we make the playoffs is progress no matter far we advance. And the object for 2024 will make further progress. Anyone who thinks that we should just jump from so-so to World Champion is being unrealistic

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it’s quite ironic that Cody Bellinger keeps getting talked about on here because his career is the PERFECT metaphor for our season.

His career started off at (literally) an MVP level. He was the toast of baseball and could do no wrong. Then, out of nowhere, his career careened off a cliff, and he could do no right. For 2+ straight seasons he couldn’t even do the basics correctly. He couldn’t hit .200. He got booed off the field and then ultimately benched. Dodgers fans gave up on him and said his career was over and he was the worst player in baseball. The Dodgers finally cut bait as well.

Now all of a sudden he’s remembered how to play baseball again 3 years later and he’s the fan favorite in Chicago. Same guy. From great to laughably awful to great again.

That’s why I say there’s a difference between saying we are a terrible team and we are a terrible team RIGHT NOW. They’re the same guys who were once upon a time great for 4 months.
That is what is going to make it tough to get better in the offseason. If we only had a bunch of younger guys out there the Jekyll and Hyde could be chalked up to inexperience.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I see if we make the playoffs is progress no matter far we advance. And the object for 2024 will make further progress. Anyone who thinks that we should just jump from so-so to World Champion is being unrealistic

exactly this.

this season is already a successful start to the window opening.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I have seen where teams were so uptight making to the playoffs and once they got into the playoffs and not much was expected of them they played loose and much better. When the Mavs won the championship everyone wanted them as their first round match-up because they felt they were a push over. It happens.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where we disagree. As a fan, I got my fill of poor playoff results in the late 90s. Not to mention the last couple with the Blue Jays. Making the playoffs and performing poorly would do absolutely nothing for me. I do understand most would disagree with me, but that has been my thinking for the last 24 years.
I knew you would disagree but if it teaches the young guys to win even though they may. Not deserve to be there or even have zero chance to me it is good IF IF IF they make it a learning experience

Which i originally thought this year would be anyway despite the deserved angst

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks that we should just jump from so-so to World Champion is being unrealistic
Yes, thar would be very unrealistic. However, we haven't even been so-so prior to this year, in awhile.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would disagree but if it teaches the young guys to win even though they may. Not deserve to be there or even have zero chance to me it is good IF IF IF they make it a learning experience

Which i originally thought this year would be anyway despite the deserved angst
2010 was definitely a learning experience that benefited them the next year. Unfortunately, I can't remember a season where losing badly, early in the playoffs, benefited us later.