• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to NY to Meet the Mets for 3 Games August 28-30

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi perephials got worse though. An over jumpstart to contention short changing development is a bad shortcut. But still point is maybe KC fixed him more while Rangers could not. That is what needs to be looked at

CY job far from being done
He was fixed based on what he did when starting and once they did what they should have done from the very beginning which was send him to Round Rock and be in the starting rotation it took him no time to do well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has absolutely nothing to do with the trade. It is not about losing the trade.

It is about the team's stupidity from ST on with Ragans.

The trade was an inevitable byproduct of that stupidity.
With the moves that the FO made in the offseason Ragans was never going to be the rotation unless something happened to one of the starters that’s why they tried to use him out of the pen and when that didn’t work they sent him down. I know you would have done things different and would have put one of the pitchers they had signed to be a starter in the pen without hesitation to put Ragans in the rotation. And it might have been a good move but then again it might not have been.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fixed based on what he did when starting and once they did what they should have done from the very beginning which was send him to Round Rock and be in the starting rotation it took him no time to do well.
Yeah, I think if they had simply sent him to Round Rock to begin the season, everyone would have realized how much different he was and would have valued him a lot more. That would have headed off any trade talk as he would be seen as a future high-quality rotation member. From that point, if we would have traded him it would be for a whole lot more than Chapman. I think he would have been quickly thought of as untouchable though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think if they had simply sent him to Round Rock to begin the season, everyone would have realized how much different he was and would have valued him a lot more. That would have headed off any trade talk as he would be seen as a future high-quality rotation member. From that point, if we would have traded him it would be for a whole lot more than Chapman. I think he would have been quickly thought of as untouchable though.
bullseye but it didn’t happen that way

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Rangers are planning on activating Eovaldi for the Twins series

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullseye but it didn’t happen that way
Yeah, and the fact that it didn't is a big blemish on the front office. How long have we waited to produce a pitcher like the ine Ragans became this past offseason? Then they take that pitcher and stick him in the pen to rot. Amazingly stupid!

That, after allowing the player from the organization, who most greatly showed he could also become a really good starting pitcher last summer, to be taken in Rule 5.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Rangers are planning on activating Eovaldi for the Twins series
He hasn't even thrown a bullpen session since his side stiffness setback. I think that is supposed to happen today.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think FO blew it.
Maybe the front office blew it or maybe the plan is to win a World Series within the next 3 years with Bochy at all cost. That would mean acquiring players via Free Agency and trading prospects. If that’s the case, don’t get to attached to Carter, Langford, Walcott and the rest of them.

The way the bullpen was handled this last winter who knows what the plan is.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a free agent.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the plan is to win a World Series within the next 3 years with Bochy at all cost.
If that was the case wouldn't we have traded Carter and several other top 10 prospects at the deadline.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clevinger is an interesting case in yesterday's waiver wire news.
I find Lopez and Moore more fascinating but Clevenger is also fascinating. Problem is if they would be there when it’s our turn and what would it cost us in prospects. Because the Angels would not surrender them without getting something in return that’s part of the waiver game this time of year

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. I harped on this over and over when they put him in the pen instead having him pitch every 5th day at Round Rock.