• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Arizona For 2 Games With the Diamondbacks August 21-22

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is toast. He shouldn’t be trusted again. Burke, Stratton, Chapman. That is it until Heaney gets moved there (and even that isn’t guaranteed to work).
Nothing is guaranteed in the pen. Hate to have your too 2 blow it but smith talent is just not there
Time to reassess. The pen roles won’t get us there IMO

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intentionally walking the tying run, Ketel Marte mind you, in a game with Will Smith on the mound, who's been total garbage lately, is easily one of the dumbest most absurd managerial moves I've ever seen. Rangers and their manager are being properly trashed everywhere. What a shitshow this team has become. Wow.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before I never expected this team to contend this season. And they are better than last year. But they are a bottom 10 team in mlb right now and most likely won't even get a wildcard. Offense is awful. Bullpen is awful. Managing is awful. Even decent starting pitching can't save this team. What an implosion we are witnessing!

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Intentionally walking the tying run, Ketel Marte mind you, in a game with Will Smith on the mound, who's been total garbage lately, is easily one of the dumbest most absurd managerial moves I've ever seen. Rangers and their manager are being properly trashed everywhere. What a shitshow this team has become. Wow.
You leave Montgomery in the 9th with just 92 pitches.
He was pitching a gem. At least give him the opportunity to finish the game he was in complete control of.
Bochy has made a couple of head scratching moves that have cost us some games this year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be very embarrassing to make it to the postseason and then get swept with every game a lot like this one.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be very embarrassing to make it to the postseason and then get swept with every game a lot like this one.
Not going to have to worry about that. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW...Bochy was out of managing for 3 years because he had "lost touch with the game". Ask SF fans if they miss him. 3 world series titles is awesome. That Bruce Bochy hasn't been around for many years.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been optimistic the whole season.

we‘ve led the league in runs scored for 80% of the season. First place in the division for 120+ games. Story of the all star game.

I’ve always thought the worst we could do is a wildcard.

tonight has seriously damaged that way of thinking.

we don’t even show up to a game in our own ballpark against the angels emergency starter. We were supposed to face Ohtani. Almost get no hit.

brewers come to town. We get pushed around all weekend. They average 7 runs a game against our pitching staff. They average 11 or 12 hits a game.

we only put up 11 runs total. We strike out nearly 40 times against the brewers. Just get totally domin and pooped on.

go to Arizona and they’re throwing several guys I’ve never heard of. We can only scratch out 1 run over 9 innings. Montgomery throws 8 scoreless and we waste it. bullpen coughs up and blows the lead twice 2011 World Series style.

and guess what? Now we have to face 2 aces over the next 5 games with the next game being against an ace and a team who just had 2 epic comebacks against you in 3 innings.

I almost wish there was an “end season” button I can press because Im not sure I want to see what’s coming down the pike.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallen is going to dominate the Rangers tomorrow night. I don't think this team recovers from the choke job we just saw. Too young, too many Ks, poorly managed, and one of the worst closers in baseball.

I do think they have improved, but they are nowhere near the best teams in baseball. Tonight hurts. A lot. But it sort of takes the edge off the season for me.

I expect a lot of losses going forward. We will miss the playoffs (probably a good thing). And maybe the front office will realize we are still several moves away from actually contending and maybe this time address the bullpen.

I mean Will Smith? Really? Come on Chris Young do better.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallen is going to dominate the Rangers tomorrow night. I don't think this team recovers from the choke job we just saw. Too young, too many Ks, poorly managed, and one of the worst closers in baseball.

I do think they have improved, but they are nowhere near the best teams in baseball. Tonight hurts. A lot. But it sort of takes the edge off the season for me.

I expect a lot of losses going forward. We will miss the playoffs (probably a good thing). And maybe the front office will realize we are still several moves away from actually contending and maybe this time address the bullpen.

I mean Will Smith? Really? Come on Chris Young do better.
If we bash the Twinkies brains in, it could still be saved.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we bash the Twinkies brains in, it could still be saved.
Nah. This team is cooked. A good team doesn't lose games the way the Rangers do... Especially a game like tonight (eerily similar loss to a certain game 6 in 2011 in terms of sequence).

We will lose more than we win the rest of the way. And that's ok. This season is a step in the right direction. But still a long way to go.

Hey at least we will be playing some meaningful games in Sept for the first time in a LONG time until we are mathematically eliminated. Hopefully that pays off next season.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy intentionally walked the tying run. That player is slashing .127/.214/.222 in August. Bochy intentionally walked him...so Will Smith could face the heart of the order. Again...he put the tying run on base...with 2 outs...a guy hitting .127 in August.

Let that sink in.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just checked in to see what was happening and saw runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs and saw that the runner on 1st was intentionally walked. I couldn't believe that we would put the tying run on base. Then I couldn't believe Smith was who we chose to finish it out. He has been a bum lately.
It almost seemed like it was Tony LaRussa that we hired instead of Bochy, last night.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke needs to be the 7th inning guy. He is a better pitcher than Smith, and it isn’t particularly close.
Smith has become one of our worst pitchers. I would actually put him on the DL and rest his arm.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to come in and stop the bleeding because IDC what anyone else says there is still bleeding

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no matter whether Montgomery finsished thr game or not we needed and still need someone who can come in and close the door. Nothing cute just blow it past them.
Smith has a short memory and maybe the mentality but imo stuff to do that.

Can Chapman do this again? Wa it just a bad pitch? Definitely a bad pitch choice.

Without a clear cut choice at closer we are severely handicapped going ahead.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no matter whether Montgomery finsished thr game or not we needed and still need someone who can come in and close the door. Nothing cute just blow it past them.

Can Chapman do this again? Wa it just a bad pitch? Definitely a bad pitch choice.

Stratton has been our most consistent pitcher. I believe he's had just one bad game. But regardless Smith is out. He just stinks right now.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree no complete confidence in anyone to close out game. I would probably go Burke, Stratton and Chapman as the 7th, 8th and 9th inning combo

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree no complete confidence in anyone to close out game. I would probably go Burke, Stratton and Chapman as the 7th, 8th and 9th inning combo
That was my setup I mentioned a few days ago so I agree completely. I would even trust Stratton to close if needed.