• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still highly doubt that the rangers are gonna do anything big. I've heard they've been trying. But I mean that's sorta common sense. JD wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't trying to land a big fish. But I don't think its gonna happen. I, for some reason, think that we'll get someone like hunter pence. But I don't consider him that huge of a player

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be happy to have MY back. Still a better hitter than most of the guys on this team, and no question he's a great leader

1. Why?
2. No he isn't.
3. No he wouldn't be.

As for not waiving his no trade clause to accept a PHL trade with a team other than TEX ... pride has gotten in the way of MY's logic. It would be better to be traded at the deadline to a buyer in contention than getting waived in August and disappearing into the sunset picked up by MIA off waivers.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What so are we really listening on anyone for a bat or are we sellers?

We aren't sellers. Pretty sure we are just going out of our way to get a big time bat. I mean if you think about it, EVERY position player besides beltre is expendable because of profar right? So might as well mix a few deals up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't sellers. Pretty sure we are just going out of our way to get a big time bat. I mean if you think about it, EVERY position player besides beltre is expendable because of profar right? So might as well mix a few deals up.

I don't believe you'd see Kinsler traded away. He's been too important this year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still highly doubt that the rangers are gonna do anything big. I've heard they've been trying. But I mean that's sorta common sense. JD wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't trying to land a big fish. But I don't think its gonna happen. I, for some reason, think that we'll get someone like hunter pence. But I don't consider him that huge of a player

Pence would be a HUGE upgrade over Murphy.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal just confirmed what I'm hearing. They are trying to make the big deal. They would much rather make a BIG trade then settle for smaller bats at the deadline. That's why Cargo and Stanton make sense, and that's why I heard this morning that they asked Colorado about a bat and they were turned down. Had to have been Cargo

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't believe you'd see Kinsler traded away. He's been too important this year.

True. Which makes him more valuable. Kinsler is signed through 2017 so were he available TEX might look for a similarly controlled piece that they would want long term. Opens up many more options than the small crop of marginal or overhyped COFs TEX needs beginning next year (and to finish out 2013).

That said ... those are the kind of trades made in the winter. But if someone wanted Kinsler and was willing to make the deal that JD wants. He'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Getting a long-term COF solution for Kinsler would solve all sorts of middle infield issues for TEX.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's semi big. 3.2 WAR

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal just confirmed what I'm hearing. They are trying to make the big deal. They would much rather make a BIG trade then settle for smaller bats at the deadline. That's why Cargo and Stanton make sense, and that's why I heard this morning that they asked Colorado about a bat and they were turned down. Had to have been Cargo

Or Michael Cud

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might be trying to make it happen, but I'm not betting my house they will. Those big trades are tough to pull off. Especially with so little time left.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think thats true. I think JD is trying to make a big move. I just dont think its gonna happen though. I keep hearing that he is trying. But i mean, who could we possibly get at this point?

But perhaps JD thinks "if we can't get a big bat then we should just sell this season and move to the offseason

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't possibly see how trading Kins would help us now. He provides to much to this team both off,/def. IMO

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine CO would trade Cargo. Cuddyer seems more likely, but dealing him probably eliminates what small hope they have in the NLW this year.