• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to clip the Cardinals in St. Louis 6/17-6/19

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling is the same Crawler. Cards win tomorrow then it comes to a Sunday series decider. If the Rangers win today, then I have to get my shit talkin in cuz we won't be back for a few years realistically.

Enjoy the series loss fuck face. I hope the Cubs bury your asses by the end of July.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards drop to 4-10 in one run games. This team is either wildly underachieving or they just don't have 'it'
Noticed that they have struggled at home as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed that they have struggled at home as well.
The Cardinals aren't doing the things you generally associate with the dominant teams. Lots of RISP scoring as a whole and more power than you would expect from the roster but they can't manufacturer things out of nothing. The pitching has gotten better but I don't think the roster is as good as it needs to be. Plenty of time to turn it around but the Cards just keep reinforcing their image as a team that is beating up the bad teams but isn't actually a good one.

They did get a good win against the Giants earlier and beat back the Pirates so maybe it's just a sign that the Rangers are pretty legit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals aren't doing the things you generally associate with the dominant teams. Lots of RISP scoring as a whole and more power than you would expect from the roster but they can't manufacturer things out of nothing. The pitching has gotten better but I don't think the roster is as good as it needs to be. Plenty of time to turn it around but the Cards just keep reinforcing their image as a team that is beating up the bad teams but isn't actually a good one.

They did get a good win against the Giants earlier and beat back the Pirates so maybe it's just a sign that the Rangers are pretty legit.

I hope you're right. I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this team, but that might just be gas. :noidea:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should have beaten the Astros. They weren't even close.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant: Baseball's most dangerous team, the Texas Rangers just keep finding ways to win | SportsDay

They win close games. They win despite trailing late. They win when they homer and they win when they don't. Geez, they win even when they get no hits with runners in scoring position. And it adds up to winning one series after another.

This is what the Rangers look like.

For the second time on a 10-day road trip, the Rangers came back from a late deficit to take a game. A week ago, down to their last strike, they came back to beat Seattle, but that was merely a one-run deficit. On Saturday, they were down three runs at the start of the eighth inning and one at the start of the ninth and still stalked off with a 4-3 win.

They are 15-4 in one-run games and have won their last six over a two-week span.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first I have seen this clip...damn man roogie hustled his ass off on this.

xT8qBc3ZSBACAN2AqA.gif

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the deal with Molina? He's hurting my fantasy team big time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rangers are on a ridiculous pace right now. I so afraid the other shoe is going to drop soon.

Of course it will. Just a matter of time. And that's fine, but it sure looks like this team is built to not have extended slumps.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outta what I've seen from Nick Martinez it looks like his future is at best in a spot starting/long man roll.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am starting to feel the same about the Rangers in regards to being legit. Will be glad when our SP is back up to full strength and we have some kinks to work out in the BP. We are at the point with our position players we do not have a spot for them because we keep wanting to truck Fielder and Moreland out there even though I can live with Moreland. Our youth movement is crazy right now in regards to IF/OF.

The Cardinals are one of those teams who as an organization stays competitive on a consistent basis. Stats wise they have a good offense even though many are "who are these guys" type players for many fans. But you may be right about the roster overall in missing some key elements.