• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers To Allow Unrestricted Attendance To Home Games

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the other MLB teams see how much money the Rangers are generating from attendance, parking, and concessions, how much longer will it be before they petition their state governments for waivers to allow the same?

This is the potential to create a huge franchise earnings potential disparity throughout the league which will have more CoVid-restricted franchised seriously pissed.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the other MLB teams see how much money the Rangers are generating from attendance, parking, and concessions, how much longer will it be before they petition their state governments for waivers to allow the same?

This is the potential to create a huge franchise earnings potential disparity throughout the league which will have more CoVid-restricted franchised seriously pissed.
This is absolutely going to be a big advantage for Texas teams. Most other States are looking at 10-25% capacity to start the season(though those numbers should certainly go up as virus numbers improve). Having an extra 20,000-30,000 fans at every game will provide a massive boost to revenue. No sport relies on ticket/concession/parking fees quite as much as baseball does.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Votto has confirmed that he was diagnosed with COVID-19.​

Votto was placed on the injured list Wednesday morning with no initial explanation for the move. How quickly he'll recover is anyone's guess, as the virus tends to have different effects for different people. COVID-19 protocols call for him to be quarantined away from Reds camp for at least 10 days. The 37-year-old first baseman had been 4-for-9 through four Cactus League games this spring.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I don't get is if Florida is and has been the most "open" state during this whole thing, then why can I STILL not buy single game Tampa Rays tickets?

:gaah:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is if Florida is and has been the most "open" state during this whole thing, then why can I STILL not buy single game Tampa Rays tickets?

Because those rebels down there hate Yankees???

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Votto was placed on the injured list Wednesday morning with no initial explanation for the move. How quickly he'll recover is anyone's guess, as the virus tends to have different effects for different people. COVID-19 protocols call for him to be quarantined away from Reds camp for at least 10 days. The 37-year-old first baseman had been 4-for-9 through four Cactus League games this spring.
Votto is washed up. The best thing the Reds can do with him is fabricate some season-ending injury so they can collect the insurance money.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep looking. It will be coming soon(though it sounds like they are making it more confusing than necessary)....

Tampa Bay Rays

Tropicana Field

Home opener: April 9 vs. Yankees

Fans allowed on Opening Day? Likely

How many? Probably 7,000 (16% capacity)

What you need to know: The Rays said earlier in the year they hoped to accommodate 7,000 fans a game, and there has been no word since on whether that number has changed. The Rays also scrapped season-ticket locations in an effort to ensure socially distant seating, announcing instead a model that allows fans to choose from six "season membership" levels, with prices ranging from $500 to $20,000.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep looking. It will be coming soon(though it sounds like they are making it more confusing than necessary)....

Tampa Bay Rays

Tropicana Field

What you need to know: The Rays said earlier in the year they hoped to accommodate 7,000 fans a game, and there has been no word since on whether that number has changed. The Rays also scrapped season-ticket locations in an effort to ensure socially distant seating, announcing instead a model that allows fans to choose from six "season membership" levels, with prices ranging from $500 to $20,000.
Everything is more confusing than necessary now. Also more exaggerated than necessary, more dramatized than necessary, and more offended than necessary.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tampa Bay Rays

Tropicana Field

Indeed they are. What's funny is their pandemic capacity limits are fairly close to their normal attendance numbers pre-pandemic.

Horrible place to watch a ballgame, but as good as it gets for me in a 3 hour radius.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed they are. What's funny is their pandemic capacity limits are fairly close to their normal attendance numbers pre-pandemic.

Horrible place to watch a ballgame, but as good as it gets for me in a 3 hour radius.
Exactly. I was thinking the same. Do they ever draw more than 10k anyway? Maybe pent-up demand will help drive more fan interest, but it shouldn’t be this hard.

Meanwhile, that team looks to be right in the mix again this year. Can’t wait to see Wander Franco and a full year from Arozarena.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I was thinking the same. Do they ever draw more than 10k anyway? Maybe pent-up demand will help drive more fan interest, but it shouldn’t be this hard.

Meanwhile, that team looks to be right in the mix again this year. Can’t wait to see Wander Franco and a full year from Arozarena.

They'll be in it all year long. Despite his brainfart in the world series, Cash is a damn good manager, and they've got probably the smartest FO in baseball.

It really is a shame 1) they play in an oversized gymnasium and 2) despite all their recent success, they still can't draw flies.

Only time that place gets rocking is when they're hosting NY or Boston.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Query: When was he diagnosed?

Follow up query: Has he died from it?

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try to get down to see a game either this year or next. I understand the ballpark is amazing.