• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers take the K show to the South Side - TEX vs. CWS April 23-25

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 Ks and 3-11 w/RISP
We have 218 and in last place, Milwaukee has 207 and leading the NL Central, TB has 201 and 2nd in AL East... Mets on the other end of the spectrum with 120 and in 1st in NL East, Asterisks have 140 and only 1/2 game ahead of the Rangers :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

I know it's a lousy stat but Ks have been way up for awhile and it seems as if not many teams/players care that much... :think:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be joining you guys tonight for my first ranger game of the season! due to cable issues I haven’t been able to watch.

tonight’s game is on FS1 and shouldn’t be blacked out or blocked by anyone. I hope Gibson is ready to shut down some white Sox.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be joining you guys tonight for my first ranger game of the season! due to cable issues I haven’t been able to watch.

tonight’s game is on FS1 and shouldn’t be blacked out or blocked by anyone. I hope Gibson is ready to shut down some white Sox.
Several posters are not watching games b/c of issues. Not sure what issues keep you from seeing games. You guys need to get the problem resolved. We need all our posters. We have lost to many already.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several posters are not watching games b/c of issues. Not sure what issues keep you from seeing games. You guys need to get the problem resolved. We need all our posters. We have lost to many already.
Do you miss ginger and Romeo?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you miss ginger and Romeo?
I have pretty much forgotten about Ginger...........But anyone who misses Romeo needs to have another lobotomy. The first one didn't take!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy Solak

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo on course for another K

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have frontier and they dropped FSSW, now Bally last year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be family night out. No posters.
Guess the @ Nightcrawler took Mrs Crawler out.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie ties it up in 9th

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUNDAY start : 1:10

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good SP effort wasted...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any start that increases his trade value is not really a waste.
Depends on what you get for him, more bodies in the 2024-25 time frame is going to make the farm system get real crowded real quick and not enough places for them to play and progress. If you don't start getting prospects that are projected to get here in 2022 the rebuild will continue into the 2030s. Because what arrives isn't going to dazzle overnight it usually takes a couple years for them to start producing consistently. And if this rebuild keeps going on and on a large portion of the fan base will have said sayonara by then...

I'm not saying keep him and sign him to a stupid contract but you do need to have some veterans for the youngsters to learn from. If this current performance isn't a fluke then he probably has 3 years or so left in him, just long enough to teach but not be in the way. BTA if you think what we currently have on the roster aren't worth teaching then by all means get rid of him and them too, burn it all to the ground. :nod:

You keep trading them off for 6 year or more HS projects you might never get to where you want to be World Champions...
And then there are rumors floating around of the team going after Kershaw this off season, at 30 what million per year... :pound: That's going to be a heck of an expensive teacher...

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you get for him, more bodies in the 2024-25 time frame is going to make the farm system get real crowded real quick and not enough places for them to play and progress. If you don't start getting prospects that are projected to get here in 2022 the rebuild will continue into the 2030s. Because what arrives isn't going to dazzle overnight it usually takes a couple years for them to start producing consistently. And if this rebuild keeps going on and on a large portion of the fan base will have said sayonara by then...

I'm not saying keep him and sign him to a stupid contract but you do need to have some veterans for the youngsters to learn from. If this current performance isn't a fluke then he probably has 3 years or so left in him, just long enough to teach but not be in the way. BTA if you think what we currently have on the roster aren't worth teaching then by all means get rid of him and them too, burn it all to the ground. :nod:

You keep trading them off for 6 year or more HS projects you might never get to where you want to be World Champions...
And then there are rumors floating around of the team going after Kershaw this off season, at 30 what million per year... :pound: That's going to be a heck of an expensive teacher...
He is a feee agent after next year. That is when you consider signing him or not. In the mean time, whether it be 3 months from now, 7 months from now or 15 months from now, he could be a very valuable trade piece. He could be traded and then signed when he is a feee agent in 18 months.

Also, whatever we get for him could position us better to trade for an ace in a couple of years.

Besides, who said trade him for HS prospects who need 6 years(a pretty big exaggeration) of development? We traded for guys like Solak and Dunning and they helped very, very quickly.

You accumulate all of the assets you can. Some will be cast aside eventually, some will be brought up, and others will be traded for another Cliff Lee or another Mike Napoli.

That is what rebuilding is all about when done correctly.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this rebuild keeps going on and on a large portion of the fan base will have said sayonara by then...
The rebuild will take at least until 2023 one way or another. If we draft a HS player with our first pick then that will pretty much expose the team's timeframe as being 3 to 4 years away. We shall see what happens. The pandemic hasn't helped and neither have the Jung and Huff injuries.

This team should have rebuilt several years ago and then we would not be going through this now, but that is spilled milk.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a feee agent after next year. That is when you consider signing him or not. In the mean time, whether it be 3 months from now, 7 months from now or 15 months from now, he could be a very valuable trade piece. He could be traded and then signed when he is a feee agent in 18 months.
I'm very well aware of this and aware he could walk away without the team getting anything out of him, I also realize he could be a reasonably priced teacher too...

Besides, who said trade him for HS prospects who need 6 years(a pretty big exaggeration) of development? We traded for guys like Solak and Dunning and they helped very, very quickly.
I'm going by past history most are still in A ball now with a few in AA, most seem to disappear before they get close. Solak is only now getting a real shot Dunning we have no clue what we have with him yet, so far so good but this is a small sample. Willie has been a square peg in a round hole since day one, Most of this time here is they don't really trust him to be out playing defense somewhere, you don't trade for a "DH Only" body unless he produces like Big Papi...
You accumulate all of the assets you can. Some will be cast aside eventually, some will be brought up, and others will be traded for another Cliff Lee or another Mike Napoli.
I understand that but when you have too many in the same time frame as they have you don't really get the chance to see what you really have because some are being held back...

Napoli has been one of the few we really got anything out of for any amount of time the last 10 years, most come, stink, leave...