• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers take on last place Mariners

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not understand why CJ Wilson is still being asked questions by the DFW sports media. It's the radio version of a click-bait headline on the web. He is not this significant and it'd be great if people stopped perpetuating that idea.

Of course Kinsler was not going to be happy. He was traded. Napoli had a chance to sign the year before for a 3 year deal and didn't. The CJ scenario may be true but can understand them going after Darvish instead. But leave it do the media to stir the pot.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Moreland ever stay healthy?

No to your question, and I have all kinds of data to back that up.

I supported MM for years, but last season, I finally had to give up the ghost. Still like the guy, but his injury history makes it impossible for a team to truly count on him for the season.

I guess, if he gets the surgery and only misses two weeks for the season, that's a livable situation. But I'm betting big time against that happening.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I meant to add on Moreland....This team REALLY can't afford to have a guy who's being counted on to go down as often as Mitch does. Plus, after he comes back, it takes him an inordinate amount of time to get his timing back.

There are some teams which may be able to tolerate this. We just aren't one of them IMO.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, if he gets the surgery and only misses two weeks for the season, that's a livable situation. But I'm betting big time against that happening.

This is what whips my ass about the Rangers, and I don't know if it's the medical staff not pushing the front office in the right direction, or the front office ignoring their advice, or what. They KNOW there is a foreign body in the elbow causing discomfort. They KNOW the time missed would be a 15-day disabled list stint. It's April 18th. We're 11 games into the season. Everything goes well, he's back before the middle of May. Do the fucking surgery.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what whips my ass about the Rangers, and I don't know if it's the medical staff not pushing the front office in the right direction, or the front office ignoring their advice, or what. They KNOW there is a foreign body in the elbow causing discomfort. They KNOW the time missed would be a 15-day disabled list stint. It's April 18th. We're 11 games into the season. Everything goes well, he's back before the middle of May. Do the fucking surgery.

I'm a huge believer in, when-in-doubt, have the surgery. Of course I ain't the one getting cut on either.

But your statement is so totally logical, it probably can't be done.

And didn't we see how well that "let's wait and see if he can play through it" logic worked last year, with him and Choo? Also, how'd that work out with Profar too?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge believer in, when-in-doubt, have the surgery. Of course I ain't the one getting cut on either.

But your statement is so totally logical, it probably can't be done.

And didn't we see how well that "let's wait and see if he can play through it" logic worked last year, with him and Choo? Also, how'd that work out with Profar too?
After both knees and neck surgery, don't put it off. Was a life saver for me. Do it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the comments from last night, save a couple, you can't even tell we won

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what. I am thoroughly impressed with Prince this season. He realized he had to become a different kind of hitter and he is making the most of it. I am even more impressed with him realizing that Mitch is a better 1B than he is and for being willing to DH without making a fuss. Very impressive.

Moreland being hurt just doesn't surprise me anymore. That is why I have doubted that he was capable of hitting anywhere close to 30 HRs this year. As long as Mitch plays he should play 1B, but on a contending team Mitch has to be a backup.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living where I am the only station which I can listen to, in the car anyway, is the Fan. Gotta tell ya, I'm not a huge fan of the Fan, no pun intended. Especially, Chris Arnold and Mike Fisher.

So it surprises me somewhat to see them doing so well in the ratings game. But I guess carrying so many games of our local teams does have some carry-over effect.

And I also must admit, I'm not unhappy to see the Ticket get taken down some. They are way too big for their britches IMO; especially Corby Davidson.

Of course it shows you what I know when Mike & Mike are doing great and I'd like to hit Greenburg in the head with a hammer.

D-FW sports radio ratings: Tight race shows The Fan, ESPN have almost caught The Ticket | Dallas Morning News
When I am able to listen I listen to The Ticket in the morning and then ESPN radio in the afternoon. I will occasionally listen to Ben and Skin, but they have a few too many hijinks for me. They were almost all hijinks while on The Ticket and almost none on ESPN. They are somewhere in the middle on The Fan.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had it the best they were ever going to have it while he played here. He should have been wise enough to realize that and should have stayed here for his own well being and for his marriage no matter how much he was offered to play here. Some things are much more important than money. His Bible could have taught him that if he would have just paid attention.